Archeage

Vitality

HUSTLE
Haranya (East) also have the best starting area in regards to harvestable nodes. (ridiculous iron mine off to the south of the newbie field zone in)

They have the worst starting zone in regards to farmable monster density. (which is important to me)

Cybsled

Nuia also seems to have more wild trees that the eastern early areas. Nuia also has better access to the Shardshard nodes in Cinder (good source of stone).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I never had any issues finding trees on the eastern side. The north part of Arcum has a bunch, there's a lot of them on the border of of Tigerspine and Falcorth, and then if you don't mind the high labor cost, Silent Forest is fucking packed with trees. I'm sure there are plenty of places I haven't even found yet.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
pR8idIC.jpg

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Playing right now is like trying to push your way to the front of a concert crowd. In the early "plant a seed for your horse" quests a group of people got together and just fanned out across the ground, blocking any spot from being viable and then just shoving everyone around. As I had already planted mine I had to appreciate the trolling.

The chat also makes Barrens chat look like the most intellectual debate you've ever seen.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah since there's no phasing / instancing, headstart's major feat will be to get the fuck out ASAP of starting zones and claim rush some nice land.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I'm going to use this beta to get to 50 and attempt to get a small glimpse of what to do for end game. Where do I go to start with? Does Auroria have mob dropped gear, and is it worthwhile before doing the token farming thing (which I won't do during beta)?

Then once open beta hits, I'll practice my star runs and house placement stuff.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn't go to Auroria to drop gear, it's better to craft stuff beta wise. In my opinion beta is more about scouting nice land zones, tweaking quest progression and chossing your race / class.

Also they confirmed Auroria will be closed during launch.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't want to do anything that will burn me out, so I figured Auroria would be easy enough. Crafted seems like it'd take a while to afford. And that place to the far south-east will be where I end up going at launch.

As far as land goes, PRX already has a place picked out, so I'll end up going there. And for Auroria, I'd imagine it'll be about the same. Although, if I had my choice for open areas, I'd go either right next to the fire forest in Auroria or an island where I can do thunderstruck logs. Probably go with Auroria though so I can do fire logs and archeum trees without much trouble.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As far as land goes, PRX already has a place picked out, so I'll end up going there.
Yeah Solzeed / Villanelle are the joints to rush land wise. As of beta experience, I'd advise you to try some stuff regarding class combos. There are FotMs which shouldn't be frowned upon.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Although, if I had my choice for open areas, I'd go either right next to the fire forest in Auroria or an island where I can do thunderstruck logs.
Everything you've heard about thunderstruck trees is rumor/myth/lies. There's a flat percentage chance dictated by tree type. That's all.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Farming for thunderstruck logs in Archeage is like going cycling in Wyoming hoping for getting hit by DUI Saudi Prince.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I don't want to do anything that will burn me out, so I figured Auroria would be easy enough. Crafted seems like it'd take a while to afford. And that place to the far south-east will be where I end up going at launch.

As far as land goes, PRX already has a place picked out, so I'll end up going there. And for Auroria, I'd imagine it'll be about the same. Although, if I had my choice for open areas, I'd go either right next to the fire forest in Auroria or an island where I can do thunderstruck logs. Probably go with Auroria though so I can do fire logs and archeum trees without much trouble.
Yeah, that shithead Tuco got me guilded then it was basically "Well, we're in alpha, not beta like you. See you at launch!". Someone will have to let me know when and where to show up so I can help out.

That said, man holy fuck Shadowplay + Battlerage is fucked up epic.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, that shithead Tuco got me guilded then it was basically "Well, we're in alpha, not beta like you. See you at launch!".
Yep, PRX guild application screening is all about money, you definitely should rant about it on public forums, they'll keep yours in a very special place.