Archeage

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
True. I've already expressed my unease about the relationship between trion and XL and how that molds the future of the game. I honestly think they should of just released alpha with 1.2 and went from there.

Thankfully I still have fun, just had to relearn-rethink a lot of things with that patch though.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
True. I've already expressed my unease about the relationship between trion and XL and how that molds the future of the game. I honestly think they should of just released alpha with 1.2 and went from there.

Thankfully I still have fun, just had to relearn-rethink a lot of things with that patch though.
I wonder if Trion will ever get creative freedom or if they will always have to go back to Papa XL Games before making changes? If they do, that could be quite beneficial to the longevity of the game.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if Trion will ever get creative freedom or if they will always have to go back to Papa XL Games before making changes? If they do, that could be quite beneficial to the longevity of the game.
While I have the same concerns than you, Trion already said during Livestream / PAX they got some changes from XL Games like regrade charms out of cash shop, healing weapons as quest rewards, mana regen tweak and Archeum drop.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which is funny since those charms gave such a tiny % increase. People just had no clue what or how they worked and jumped the shark in shouting out their outrage.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Which is funny since those charms gave such a tiny % increase. People just had no clue what or how they worked and jumped the shark in shouting out their outrage.
was it a tiny % I know in Blade n soul, it was more or less a guarantee if you had the charm.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No, if you have up to date alpha client just switch folders.

You'll only have to download the latest 800mb patch.
These instructions never made any sense to me, heh. I have two folders:

H:\AA\Glyph with GlyphClient.exe

and

H:\ArcheAgeAlpha\bin32

with archeage.exe

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you play latest alpha ? You should have two folders, Archeage Alpha and Archeage Beta. If you're willing to play OB you just have to copy the Archeage Alpha folder content in the Archeage Beta folder. Glyph client is like Steam, if it checks you have the designated client it'll normally let you download that 800mb patch, otherwise you'll have to download the compressed 8Gb file (23Gb uncompressed) to install the OB client, which will be close to Launch client. You live in US therefore downloading 8Gb should only take you 7 days, which is fine if you're aiming for headstart (haha).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
was it a tiny % I know in Blade n soul, it was more or less a guarantee if you had the charm.
It was a tiny%. For this game, it was pretty much current % + (charm% x current%)= chance.

So say the game has a 5% chance. The 75% charm just added about 3.75% chance to the previous 5% for about 8.75% total. I have no clue what the actual in game % chance is, its pretty damn low though.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Here's the latest epic fai- I mean, Patch Notes. Here ya go.

ArcheAge Version 1.2 Build 4.7: Patch Notes

ArcheAge Version 1.2 Build 4.7: Patch Notes
NEW OPEN BETA FEATURES
* Farm Cart: A new type of player-crafted wagon has been added that carries two resource packs to fill the gap between the donkey and the larger Farm Wagon. It also comes with a horn for maximum beepage.
* AFK Kick has been implemented: Characters will be logged out after 45 minutes of [Away] status. Characters who are in the middle of crafting or fishing should not be kicked.
* Auction House: All accounts have the ability to bid on and win auctions by default. The ability to post auctions on the Auction House is unlocked in one of two ways:
- Accounts that are under Patron status, or have had Patron in the past, have permanent access to post auctions.
- Accounts that have never had Patron status can unlock the permanent ability to post auctions by consuming the Auction License item on any character.

GENERAL
* The drop rate of Sunlight Archeum has been increased, and we will be evaluating the levels of Sunlight, Moonlight, and Starlight Archeum for further drop rate adjustments.
* Quest rewards no longer consume Labor points when identifying them.
* Mana consumption at lower levels has been reduced (this is a change made as part of Korea version 1.7 that is being included in our build).
* Mounts have been standardized into speed tiers - 9.0m/s and 10.0m/s - with the exception of Donkeys, which retain their existing speeds (7.2m/s unencumbered).
* The Skills UI now only displays the skills available with the level 50 cap.
* Updated the contents of the Explorer's Chest and Merchant's Chest (obtained through Loyalty Tokens) to remove Hereafter Stones from the reward list... and added some other new goodies.
* Crafted "dye" items that used to function as both crafting components and costume dyes now function as crafting components only.
* Reduced the amount of Honor granted from Rift daily quests.
* Tempering Burnish item price increased to 10 gold.

UI / INTERFACE CHANGES
* Updated icons for Marketplace and Marketplace Mail.
* Fixed the display of degree, minute, and second markers on Treasure Maps.
* Polishing work on French and German versions: Fixing some cut-off words on the UI, fixing character name length restrictions (2 to 26 characters allowed).
* Fixed a case where some map tooltips displayed in French while the client was in German mode.
* Fixed a bug where accounts with zero credit balance could not spend Loyalty Tokens.

POST-LAUNCH FEATURES
We'd like to extend a thank-you for helping to test the below features in earlier Alpha and Beta phases. In keeping with the pacing of ArcheAge releases in other regions, the following has been set up for launch and will be unlocked over time:
* Auroria and Diamond Shores content is unavailable. NPCs and interactable objects have been disabled, houses and farms cannot be placed, and castle locations are currently un-claimable.
* The Mirage Isle Fishing Tournament and Arena Rankings are not currently running.
* Submarines are unavailable for crafting at this time.
* The Red Dragon is temporarily on vacation from Karkasse Ridgelands.
* Hasla weapons beyond the first tier will be available in a future update.

NOTES
* This patch is about 800MB large from the CBE4 client and is available for download now from Glyph. Note that Open Beta begins September 4 at 10:00 AM PDT.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This is a huge disappointment, the only issue that truly bothered me was the Archeum drop rate. All the rest were annoyances but I considered the Archeum to be game breaking. Sunlight was the one that required the biggest increase but moonlight needed a pretty big increase too. Keeping your crafted armor at level was a challenge in 1.0, almost impossible in 1.2 without going totally broke.

It's a huge disapointment.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was going to say, I thought the archeum drop rates across the board would be increased. Not sure why it was sunlight only.

Edit: Also a bit confused by the mount change. Does that mean I don't need to bother with the mirage horse anymore?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
- Nothing about Cash Shop regrade charms. Fuck you very much community !

- Hasla weapons beyond T1 being available on some future update ! Lol poopsockers !

- Mounts are being normalized in 2 tiers : the 9.0m/s club and the 10.0m/s gang.

- Archeum drop is being derped on a galactic level : Sunlight is getting some love while both Moonlight and Starlight are being ignored.

- Open Beta servers will be Head Start servers, they will open servers based on traffic because Warhammer Online release didn't teach anyone anything.

- Patron accounts are getting prioritized on server queues.

- Live feed damage control ishere.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stop with the regrade charms, they are such a miniscule chance increase. Research before you whine.

There is some odd stuff here, temper item increase, mounts and only sunlight change.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stop with the regrade charms, they are such a miniscule chance increase. Research before you whine.
Research before you post ? No need to be judgemental there, they've said during PAX Event Cash Shop regrade charms will be gone comes Open Beta. I don't really whine about it but I think it's a concern when some 60+ pages thread get their attention yet they couldn't manage to do anything about it. Of course the current items are kind of meaningless, but what if tomorrow they sell the same more potent stuff (+500% and whatnot) like it's not a problem ?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If they put in something higher, where it starts to turn into almost guarantees(ie making then additive) then yes, you get a problem. But atm its about .75% increases or below. Current regrade chance once you get into heroic and above is probably around 1% or less atm, so even a 500% chance charm is only 5% increase with current system.

Obviously not exact numbers, but the chance to grade is very tiny when you get to heroic and beyond. And the chances go down the higher you go.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Keep in mind, guys, this is only the first iteration of the patch notes. After OB starts tomorrow and players start letting Trion know about various undocumented changes, I'm sure those notes will be edited. With the usual excuses.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm fine with everything but sunlight only, mount normalization and the temper thing going to 10g, the latter not a huge deal but just weird.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It is kinda a huge deal to increase it by a factor of 10. Then there's the honor rift nerf as well. And the Hasla weapon upgrade cockblock.They're making some really stupid, untested decisions on the fly, and it's going to bite them in the ass.

Think about it. You can get to 50 in a few days, you can get the tier 1 Hasla weapon in a day. Then what? Grind GHA as many times as you can every day? There's no gear progression, it's all been gated. Crafted gear? Good luck. This is supposed to be a PVP/Sandbox game. The PVE portion of AA is too barebones to keep the average player interested for long. 30 days in no one will be left but the wolves and the trolls. Well, maybe a handful of carebear farmers and ultra-casuals who are still level 30ish.

Yes, I'm probably just being ranty and exaggerating a bit, but, fuck, all I keep seeing are bad decisions.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get the weapon thing. Especially if it the later two tiers were added in after launch as originally designed. Tries to help craftters catch up and weapon crafting not be completely bypassed for a few of its tiers.

The honor rift thing also, it was 3,000 day for maybe 40-60 minutes of work(get a huge group and just zerg it down). Though a person could also probably win 20 or so 1v1 matches in that time and get 1600 honor(though you woud have to win them all), will be interesting to see future honor adjustments.

The mount thing confuses the hell out of me and the only changing sunlight.