Archeage

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
I just hope the 'adventuring' is as advanced as their crafting. I hate crafting, it's so inane and boring. But if they can do a good job of it and everything else, that would be great. Those character models are incredible too, they look almost like full motion video. I just hope it's a good game and not an elaborate and stunning looking boring ass WoW clone.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
I'm pulling for this one. I just hope it can, IF it eventually gets released,recapture some of the world feel of Asheron's Call or even UO. The game sounds great.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They've actually shown a lot of different gameplay elements throughout the videos. Grinding yes, of course it's Korean, but also home building, siege warfare, boat building and sailing, supposedly an entire continent which will be up for pvp grabs. It's certainly an ambitious endeavor, and will certainly be buggy and imbalanced as shit. It's why I'm excited. Too bad we may not see this game here
We won't see it here, but guaranteed we'll be able to play it from America. I played Ktera after I got hooked on Tera beta weekend. Was like $17 a month, but no issues whatsoever, and there were English only guilds, so the only issue was the language barrier of the menus and vendors, which wasn't to hard to over come.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Based on the videos I've seen; i disagree. Not that graphics make that much of a difference, it's always been about the game play, however, the difference between great graphics and amazing graphics means very little. The problem here is that the videos portray it as neither great or amazing.

But that is besides the point, the fact that development has been going on for so long, and that there still isn't even an American publisher shows that it is still a very long ways away, games (specifically mmos) live and die by forward momentum in attention and hype, being that this game is at the very least another 1-2 years out does not bode well with it ever seeing a full NA release. Another aspect that is odd is that most if not all videos about this game have been focusing on everything but combat / dungeons / pvp, which is telling in that it is no where near getting the attention as other parts of the game. If I wanted to play a farming simulator game I would do so, I would not want one set in the medieval world where you get pseudo steam powered vehicles that honk (wtf was that, total turn off).

I very much so would love to see a full sand box game, but one that has a little more direction and one that is a bit more focused in thematic value. I don't want some mishmash of all this shit with cat people and farming equipment. But hey, who am I to judge? If you don't mind a mishmash of Japanese culture with cat people and farming equipment with a dance studio complete with a disco ball then by all means, look forward to this game.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
This game is a 3D Ultima Online, or the game UO2 could've been. But since you're all either sucking WoW's dick, or drinking the sour, left-over milk spilling from EQ's shriveld tits; you're too damn stupid to see it and complain about cat people (because that's clearly the only playable race in the game), asian culture (whatever that means) and graphics. Fuck.

I just want a decent mmo to play, please don't be bad and get released in the west.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
How do you guys think this will hold up against Darkfall Unholy War or is there even any direct comparison to be made?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
How do you guys think this will hold up against Darkfall Unholy War or is there even any direct comparison to be made?
Darkfall Unholy War will already have released and failed by the time this sees an official release in NA.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Just got done looking at a bunch of stuff for this and... huh; I'd be completely psyched about this game, if it wasn't a Korean MMO. Nevertheless, it looks worth keeping an eye on, and hopefully some western developers are taking notes.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Just got done looking at a bunch of stuff for this and... huh; I'd be completely psyched about this game, if it wasn't a Korean MMO. Nevertheless, it looks worth keeping an eye on, and hopefully some western developers are taking notes.
I'd be more psyched if it didn't have instanced dungeons and two faction PvP. The graphics are acceptable and there is a lot of open-world content including open-world raid bosses.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
This game looks great graphically. Not any better looking ones out now so by 2014, it'll look just fine. They are doing a lot of things right. They need to get a US beta going ASAP though. Before interest wanes further. They need a 2013 release IMO.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'd be completely shocked if Darkfall isn't a complete mess right from the start. I doubt we'll see anything from Archage until the end of summer 2013. Either way the two games will have zero impact on each other.

this game will be guild wars 2 with farming
Archage may completely suck but it looks nothing like GW2.

This game is a 3D Ultima Online, or the game UO2 could've been. But since you're all either sucking WoW's dick, or drinking the sour, left-over milk spilling from EQ's shriveld tits; you're too damn stupid to see it and complain about cat people (because that's clearly the only playable race in the game), asian culture (whatever that means) and graphics. Fuck.
Hrrmm UO was never a WoW style quest grind. And it also didn't have faggy little cat people aimed at 11 year old girls and boys.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Korean Open Beta Starts in January. They're handing out a few keys to US folks but mostly ArcheAge fansite admins/mods. Draegan you should have started ArcheAge Junkies....

He still could. Just put a section on here that's dedicated to the game and copy paste a bunch of screenshots and shit from the web and bingo, fansite.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
According to MMOSITE you no longer need a KSSN to sign up for the Korean Open Beta - so if you can navigate the site in Korean (don't try it now - currently user registration is getting slammed by Koreans) you might be able to sign up and play. Of course you'll have to navigate the Korean quest text - but who really reads quest text anyway?

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
God this game looks amazing. For all the shit talking Korean mmo's get here, it's pretty funny that it looks like in the end a Korean game will be the next best mmo out there. I really like the graphics personally, though some spell effects I saw could be better fleshed out.

And the fact that it has pvp means I can make a char named Obama bin Laden and camp tad10's corpse all night long.

And I can make a warship called the USS Obama and sink his dumbass prayer boats