Archeage

tad10

Elisha Dushku
some news
http://news.mmosite.com/content/2012...onfirmed.shtml

Confirmed they are going to make a english version
No ETA means mid to late 2014 at the earliest (last I heard was mid-2013 korean launch which means late 2013 korean launch of other MMOs are any guide). I read a rumor last year (so no way I can find the cite) where someone claimed Song wanted to publish the game himself in the NA market - maybe that's why we haven't heard anything and explains the late start for NA - he needs the $ from the Korean and Chinese launches to publish in NA.

Eh, we'll see all speculation and BS for now.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just got a shared account of this tonight. Thanks to Danyeo~ Now to bumble around in korean menus..

Fucking christ, 40gig install + 10gig patch, wtf.

Valos

Done.

My korean is horrible so if any of you guys stumble on a quick menu translation patch or anything of the sort, let me know.

Valos

Cant make any characters or delete the one danyeo made until Jan 2nd. I guess thats when OBT officially opens, when it happens I'll take a few pics of the character customization and anything interesting I find. The races seemed to be human, elf, catman and Chinese laborer.

Valos

bro, ask danyeo to give me some.
He said he'll get his GF to make an account and he'll have two to share. But she'll want to play the game once and awhile too. Right now only one character can be made and played, so gotta wait until Jan 2nd. Get into SK IRC and talk to him about it for more details~

Valos

Gonna fire this up tonight now that its open beta. Anything people want me to look for? Its all in korean so be advised I cant help you on fine details.

Nabi

Trakanon Raider
I think the biggest question in the game right now is combat.
Been messing around with the OB for a little bit. My highest level char is 8 and my Korean is decent but not good enough to 100% understand everything in the game. Combat is the typical select target & spam skills. After playing TERA and Blade and Soul for a while, combat is boring as hell.

Game has some interesting things though. I got a mount at level 5, and it doesn't despawn as soon as you dismount. It will follow you around like a pet and you can mount it again, also other PC can ride on the mount and follow you around or go for a ride with you. It looks like there are "aggresive" and "defensive" commands for the mount so they might go into combat later on, but I don't think I was high enough level to access those. I did have a mount sprint skill and there is a mounted archery skill which I don't have access to yet. The mount can also take damage so it looks like they're planning to have some mounted combat at higher levels.

Not sure if there are talents in the game, but along with your main class, you can pick two subclasses, one at level 5 and other at 10. It looks like there are no restrictions on which classes you can take. For example, my main was a warrior, and I chose a bard as my first subclass. This is similar to the subjobs in FFXI, but you can take any skills from whatever class you have. Your subclass isn't gimped in anyway as far as I can tell. You can also reset your skills and your two subclasses for money, but the resets seem pretty expensive. Armor and weapons don't seem to be restricted in anyway so far as well.

Each race has its own starting area and the world seems pretty large. Probably the reason for the mount at such an early level. Questing is the same old fetch/kill. However, for the kill quests, you don't have to complete all the kills to finish the quest. You can just kill a couple and just turn in. You will get the quest reward item if there is one, but the money/xp will be scaled to how much of the quest you completed.

I haven't experienced the open pvp or world building stuff yet, but so far it just seems like another wow clone with a couple new ideas thrown in. I'll probably just grind it out to check out more of the class system.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I really enjoyed Tera's combat. Hopefully we see more games use it.

I'll settle for the tab / attack stuff if the rest of the game is up to par. Mostly open ended world building / resource controlling options for guilds and PvP as a resolution to any issues. Especially if there is some looting options.

How is responsiveness in combat? Compared to say WoW or LOTR?
Thanks for the info.

Valos

Didnt have alot of time to spend with it last night. Nabi already highlighted anything I'd have to share with my limited time.

Client runs like shit though. But thats to be expected with the engine they are using.

Meh, looks like every modern MMO. Rush through instanced dungeon, spam low HP trash mobs to death in 5 seconds. A few good boss fights but they are just scripted and only fun the first one or two times. Just like WoW, and Rift, and GW2, and TSW, and SWTOR, and AoC, etc..etc...etc.....

Others may already be providing assistance, but I am fluent in Korean and more than happy to translate menus, skill/item tooltips (clarification on the functionality of a mechanic, to the extent I am able since I am still learning them), etc.