Archeage

Bruman

Golden Squire
I'm planning on going Daggerspell. If I want to try out Reaper later, it's just one class switch.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Was reading a bit and following Tuco's suggestion thread on PRX and was initially going Reaper but one guy suggested Revenant and after looking into it, I think that's how I want to roll. Anything from small group on up it just looks like a wrecking ball.
Yeah after listening to Goodnews I am reconsidering my choice.

I think I'll stick with reaper because stealth is so useful when leveling and solo, then I might move to Revanant at the end game.

I feel like everyone who wants to do endgame PVP will want to have two skill trees maxed and switchable to when needed:
1. Shadowplay: For stealth.
2. Auramancy: For protective wings spec groups

Bruman

Golden Squire
Yeah, everyone having to take Shadowplay for a mandatory 1 skill (although most likely you'll pick 2-4 of them) is kind of a bummer.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well.. I am going to be leveling as a cleric I guess. Apparently discordant rhythm (or whatever the heck the first dmg ability in songcraft is called) was buffed enough to make it ok for leveling up with. It is not a dps spec by any stretch, but my Edgewalker is dead so cleric here I come. You bastages better have some group spots open next week because I took a week off of work to help get a jump in leveling.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
C'mon and pick a server~ some of us other haranya east playing fools are determined not to play with you sluts

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Depends on where you are claiming land? My cadre of friends don't want to rush up to an area with our house plans and see Prx scarecrow town

Bruman

Golden Squire
Isn't pretty much every server going to have groups of guilds doing a land rush? Your friends are going to find various scarecrow towns no matter where you go.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Depends on where you are claiming land? My cadre of friends don't want to rush up to an area with our house plans and see Prx scarecrow town
That seems ridiculous. PRX is a decent sized guild, but there are crap loads of mega-guilds like Oran'Thul that have well over 300 members. You should be looking to avoid them instead, if that's your concern. But pretty much that's why everyone's been saying for months now that head start is a land rush, not a level rush. Every single person on every single server will be rushing to place farms and houses down, why does it matter where PRX is going to be doing it at?

Even on Reddit you see people talking about rushing 3 or 4 characters back to back just to put as many houses down as possible.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
So what do we need to do to be ready for launch tomorrow, am I having to re download a client, or just update the one ive been using all alpha?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Honestly the PvP in this game is only meaningful in three scenarios:
1. Sieges
2. Fighting over trade packs
3: Fighting over land when ownership is going to expire.

In the case of #3, the only time that's fun is when there's too many people on the server.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's a difference between large guilds of disorganized people, organized guilds that are small to moderate, and then large, organized guilds (prx) that are going to play the same faction as us. I'd like to improve my chances where possible instead of just throwing up my hands in the air.

And I don't know where I said Prx is the only guild im watching. I know goon squad is playing this game as well.
I don't give a rats ass about half of the 'mega guilds' since a majority are going to just be casual farmvillers

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly the PvP in this game is only meaningful in three scenarios:
1. Sieges
2. Fighting over trade packs
3: Fighting over land when ownership is going to expire.

In the case of #3, the only time that's fun is when there's too many people on the server.
#3 could be fun in a pvp zone :p Mass flagging just to be the first to plant your property :p

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's a difference between large guilds of disorganized people, organized guilds that are small to moderate, and then large, organized guilds (prx) that are going to play the same faction as us. I'd like to improve my chances where possible instead of just throwing up my hands in the air
You're naive if you don't think every single server and both factions won't have large organized guilds doing massive land grabs. You may avoid PRX, but you won't avoid the dozens of other guilds that are just as organized.

And TecKnoe, did you play in open beta at all? There was a patch for that, and apparently there will be another small patch prior to the head start.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm hoping PRX is on the same server as I am so when my ADD guild inevitably gets distracted and wanders off I'll have people to play with.

Raign

Golden Squire
I am very tempted to pull my small guild of people onto the PRX server but play an opposing faction. I like the thought of some tough competition and that would certainly make things interesting. My friends are all pvp pussies though, so that might just end up having them all rage-quit. I need a better quality of neck-beard nerds to hang with.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
You're naive if you don't think every single server and both factions won't have large organized guilds doing massive land grabs. You may avoid PRX, but you won't avoid the dozens of other guilds that are just as organized.

And TecKnoe, did you play in open beta at all? There was a patch for that, and apparently there will be another small patch prior to the head start.
Nope I only played the alpha and I haven't played that in like 2 weeks or so, do I need to download the shit for beta?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not tryin to polish tuco's knob or anything here, but I am doubtful of your claim that there are enough guilds of prx's size and organizational level/experience to occupy every server and faction.