Archeage

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was only like an 800ish meg patch. Not sure how slammed their patch servers will be in the next 24 hours though, so it's kind of up to you.

They said the patch for launch is very small though, so hopefully not too bad.

Not tryin to polish tuco's know or anything here, but I am doubtful of your claim that there are enough guilds of prx's size and organizational level/experience to occupy every server and faction.
There are only 6 servers for NA, and 2 factions. You don't think there's at least 12 guilds out there that are organized?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am very tempted to pull my small guild of people onto the PRX server but play an opposing faction. I like the thought of some tough competition and that would certainly make things interesting. My friends are all pvp pussies though, so that might just end up having them all rage-quit. I need a better quality of neck-beard nerds to hang with.
This is my goal too it's be fun to be the underdog. Just don't want to run into a super organized crew on the initial land rush

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not when several aren't going to focus on land since I personally know of atleast 2-3 hardcore guilds that are going full on pirate, and probably others that I don't know of, and several other guilds that think they are organized but are fairly terrible ('dvs gaming' comes to mind). And no, I am not convinced that will leave 12 organized,and *large* guilds that will perfectly separate into different servers/factions

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
why is the client asking me to install archeage, when its already installed?

uh so I just uninstalled alpha, and the only client up there is the beta client is that what I want to install?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not tryin to polish tuco's knob or anything here, but I am doubtful of your claim that there are enough guilds of prx's size and organizational level/experience to occupy every server and faction.
I agree with you. If you take a look at

Archeage / Servers / NA - Guildex - The Archeage Guilds Index
[NA] - WHAT SERVER ARE YOU GOING FOR RELEASE..? (Comprehensive List))

I think you'll see what we've basically confirmed internally. There's several populated servers: Aranzeb, Kyrios and Ollo, and several less populated servers: Naima, Salphira and Tahyang. If you want to be able to bring your esteemed group to a good zone next week and claim a small village together I'd recommend you go to one of the less populated servers.

If we end up on a less populated server we wouldn't be able to claim more than half a zone, so I wouldn't be as concerned about us as you are. Besides, I think we'll be a huge boon to the server we're on since we're anti-pk and there will be a lot of piracy. I'm planning on scheduling weekly trade pack runs where we protect anyone who wants to come along on the east faction, and hoping that the west faction, pirates and enemies on the east faction try to stop us.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is my goal too it's be fun to be the underdog. Just don't want to run into a super organized crew on the initial land rush
Why would it be fun to compete against a guild with hundreds of people who have alliances with other guilds with hundreds of people in 500 vs 100 combat? Ive only tried the RvR with them in one game and it was total domination by sheer numbers on PRX and their alliances side.

Fun is ofc different for all of us but thats running into a wall =p

Raign

Golden Squire
Why would it be fun to compete against a guild with hundreds of people who have alliances with other guilds with hundreds of people in 500 vs 100 combat? Ive only tried the RvR with them in one game and it was total domination by sheer numbers on PRX and their alliances side.

Fun is ofc different for all of us but thats running into a wall =p
Guildwars RvR is not a good example in this scenario because of the 100 person cap per 'faction' allowed big guilds to, quite literally, represent the whole of the force you were up against.

My crew have always played on the weaker faction / teams in every game. It makes it so you never have to look far for a fight and the oppression of a superior force makes for a much stronger community. While you can argue picking the opposite side from PRX is an invitation to getting steamrolled, I am guessing given the more open world nature of this game, that there will be plenty of bads who will flock to be on the 'winning' side that they represent. If PRX quality of players were all that ended up on the other faction, then yeah, it would be a serious shit-show -- but in past, picking the opposite faction from the popular guilds often yielded a lot of opportunities for fun 20 v 8 type fights that were winnable with superior coordination and those are what make pvp fun for me.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gotcha Raign, that sounds much better than GW2. I enjoyed that in Warhammer where our small group would go up against the bigger guys like you describe 8 vs 20 etc.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Different people like different things and there's nothing really wrong with not wanting to be an underdog. Plus there's fights where you're outnumbered 20-40% and win and those are great. Then there's logging into your PvP zone and seeing the enemy spawn camping everyone. Your zone chat is full of everyone screaming at each other and you know the guys you're fighting are coat tail riding little dick waving chumps that don't deserve the satisfaction of killing anyone just because it's 100v10.

As a competitive player the big reason I enjoy warfare MMOs is because the meta part of the war is so dynamic and complex it's a lot of fun. What this means in practice is my goal is to empower my team and diminish my enemy before we even log in. Followed to its logical consequence when we're successful we have a boring game with no one to fight. We're very aware of this and we've actually spent much more time leading up to ArcheAge trying to ensure we have good enemies to fight than we have looking for someone to watch our back.

I can say this though, the best times I had in GW2 were when we got 2v1'd and were up against a superior force. The evening where we spent hours inside our home keep with almost no walls left and no NPC leader was the highlight of GW2. We were the main force in Eternal Battlegrounds that night and had to really push to rally our side. What's interesting is that at first we had trouble getting our force in the instance as per usual on a reset night, but as the night wore on and we kept getting our shit pushed in it got easier and easier because the people who didn't want a real fight would just log off. You also see this internally in PRX where we have a core of old school gamers who enjoy getting whipped and only really shine when we get beat several times. Meanwhile a lot of the newer people, who up to this point were great when we were winning or balanced, would start to wilt.

Oldbased

> Than U
So not been following this all that closely just waiting on release. Tomorrow is the 4 day headstart for founders correct? So new players won't be able to DL and play until say probably Tuesday or so?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just want to tell anyone that's excited about this game and might be on the fence. Save your money, it fucking sucked.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else have this happen to them?

I wiped out glyph and everything because I couldent get the alpha to uninstall, I reinstalled glyph now it dosent show the game in my list of games owned, so I go to add it and it says I don't have the credentials to play this game?

moontayle

Golden Squire
Hey, it's easy for people to save their money on this one. If they wait until the 16th, they don't have to pay a cent to play.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Different people like different things and there's nothing really wrong with not wanting to be an underdog. Plus there's fights where you're outnumbered 20-40% and win and those are great. Then there's logging into your PvP zone and seeing the enemy spawn camping everyone. Your zone chat is full of everyone screaming at each other and you know the guys you're fighting are coat tail riding little dick waving chumps that don't deserve the satisfaction of killing anyone just because it's 100v10.

As a competitive player the big reason I enjoy warfare MMOs is because the meta part of the war is so dynamic and complex it's a lot of fun. What this means in practice is my goal is to empower my team and diminish my enemy before we even log in. Followed to its logical consequence when we're successful we have a boring game with no one to fight. We're very aware of this and we've actually spent much more time leading up to ArcheAge trying to ensure we have good enemies to fight than we have looking for someone to watch our back.

I can say this though, the best times I had in GW2 were when we got 2v1'd and were up against a superior force. The evening where we spent hours inside our home keep with almost no walls left and no NPC leader was the highlight of GW2. We were the main force in Eternal Battlegrounds that night and had to really push to rally our side. What's interesting is that at first we had trouble getting our force in the instance as per usual on a reset night, but as the night wore on and we kept getting our shit pushed in it got easier and easier because the people who didn't want a real fight would just log off. You also see this internally in PRX where we have a core of old school gamers who enjoy getting whipped and only really shine when we get beat several times. Meanwhile a lot of the newer people, who up to this point were great when we were winning or balanced, would start to wilt.
I wilted at getting home from work and being in a queue for 4 hours to join a BG for weeks on end. Also I was doing dirty, filthy things like PVE and 96.344% of the people I took into dungeons stood in boss fire to heat their weapons up which made it tough to finish them =p