Archeage

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
so lets blame lack of instancing instead of terrible game design. If all land is claimed before the game even goes live to the general public that's just terrible game design. It has nothing to do with instancing. It's like, to some people, you either have an on rails theme park that basically plays like Dragon's Lair, or a true open world sandbox where anything goes full anarchy mode. No in between for some reason. EQ managed to combine this properly over 15 years ago. If you have some foresight and are able to account for human psychology, you can build a rule set, an open world with PVP AND PVE content without instancing etc. I know it might be a tough concept for you to grasp but it is possible! Game design doesn't have to be all or nothing.
Stop comparing EQ to modern MMO's, it's fucking stupid. EQ was a cluterfuck at launch too and it didnt have anywhere near the amount of people this one has at launch. How the fuck can an EQ ball licker cry about a land grab when you had entire raid zones fucking blocked in EQ? That was good design though right?

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
so basically when I try to play the game the Green Archeage loading screen with the quote comes up and it freezes on the word Blessing and won't go past that. Did not have this problem in Beta but now I can't even log onto the game

O_T

Trakanon Raider
so basically when I try to play the game the Green Archeage loading screen with the quote comes up and it freezes on the word Blessing and won't go past that. Did not have this problem in Beta but now I can't even log onto the game
I had that problem. Disabling real time protection in windows defender and microsoft security essentials fixed it.

Raign

Golden Squire
Well, I jumped on East Kyrios as well. Will see how the queues hold up as that will determine if I stay or hop to another server. I don't mind a little wait, but they are up around 45 mins at this moment and I expect they will get worse over the weekend so I might not stay long!

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I had that problem. Disabling real time protection in windows defender and microsoft security essentials fixed it.
You don't have to disable it. Just make an exception for the file "game_pak" in the directory it is located in. If you dont, it tries to uncompress that MASSIVE file and it chokes your harddrive.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Having fun, but I got dropped from a crash, hour and 20 minute que.. Log in after that 15 seconds in, Crash. Another Que. You would think they would have learned how to prevent that.

gox_sl

shitlord
I just crashed and crashed 2x in queue quickly..
Looks like everyone is getting it but looks like the general queue is almost empty and we are all in patron.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I find it unusual that every few weeks/months someone figures out my trion password and tries logging in. Before they used to play my archeage account but now that they make you enter a code from your email they can't finish logging in anymore.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I crashed after about 4ish hours straight. I think it may have been due to a memory leak due to the error it gave me. Queue blows though, although it looks like 2 servers are queue free now.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't really complain too much, had a long first run. Though the bottleneck at that one Hurani quest almost made me throw my laptop through a window.

Vitality

HUSTLE
1-7 in 15 minutes with the new mana regen changes. 80 Farmers Coin purses - No quests.

rrr_img_76086.jpg

Only three archeum motes from 80 coin purses.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stop comparing EQ to modern MMO's, it's fucking stupid. EQ was a cluterfuck at launch too and it didnt have anywhere near the amount of people this one has at launch. How the fuck can an EQ ball licker cry about a land grab when you had entire raid zones fucking blocked in EQ? That was good design though right?
Lol, listening to Abe rant about EQ is hilarious. Abe acts like he was butt raped repeatedly by moss snakes, rats, and the like, and never got over it. Never got into a group, never went on a successful raid and was laughed off the server. Rep mattered back then.

Really dude, let it go. You sound like a very bitter old man.

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
So my wife and I both sat down at the same time to play. I blast through the premade character appearance choices and get right into a 75 minute queue (#2850). By the time she finishes dithering on the appearance choices, I am down to 65 minutes (#2400). She hits create, selects her character, hits Start and... boom into the game. I double-checked and she is definitely on Kyrios.

My queue now says 90 minutes and she is questing away. FML

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So my wife and I both sat down at the same time to play. I blast through the premade character appearance choices and get right into a 75 minute queue (#2850). By the time she finishes dithering on the appearance choices, I am down to 65 minutes (#2400). She hits create, selects her character, hits Start and... boom into the game. I double-checked and she is definitely on Kyrios.

My queue now says 90 minutes and she is questing away. FML
Hahaha

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Honestly game devs screw up queues very often for some reason. This one seems to be pretty functional now that they've made everyone a patron.

Vitality

HUSTLE
lvl 10 in the time between this post and the last one - seems they added some dropable gear to mob kills - 85 purses
rrr_img_76092.jpg

Significantly more archeum in the bags obtained from this set of mobs.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's going to be so much juicy nerdrage from this land grab fiasco. My buddies and I got exactly where we wanted, coastal next to merchants in solis. The people gunning for the prime spots got screwed by the chest randomness

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I was spamming login as soon as servers came up and ended up in the opening video loop twice. Got into queue which lasted about 100ish minutes.

After that it went mostly smooth. Ran into the Talik bottleneck, but after that I did decent. Ran all the story quests with Tuco and got my small farm in PRX village, but I don't have a house placed at all.

Got to level 22 and my game just locked up. Been in a queue for around 45 minutes now, with another 33 minutes estimated.