Archeage

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
We conducted our first banana run today. We will be regularly holding intercontinental trade pack runs in the future, easing our ability to trade goods, build farms and begin our war machine.
1991151.jpg

1991152.jpg

1991153.jpg

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
i usualy get to play 20-30min the DC. then its 50/50 if i can log in to 1-2hours of queing up or getting stuck on intro loopbug and us Eurofags havent even gotten our founder pack stuff

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Every killer war machine starts with a few good banana runs. Enough with the ddos'ing Prx , cut it out already!

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Forgive my ignorance if this sounds wrong, but I am trying to wrap my head around this. If they DDOS someone and it results in their service being taken down then they can't even connect to do their grabbing of login credentials at that point right? Not asking for you to go in to great detail around this obviously , but I am trying to understand it.
The symptom is a denial of service and most people just fight the symptom. The cause of the attack may not be as understood.

Most likely it is brute force password attempts - spamming the system as fast as possible.

Could also be more advanced such as TCP sequence number attacks or TCP/IP hijacking placing the attacker between a legit client and the server. UDP is especially vulnerable to these attacks and is often used for game data.

I won't go into detail on how the attacks work but you can google them. They have been used very successfully in the past and many modern apps are ignorant of them or sacrifice security for performance. Largely why they are increasing in occurrence.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So tuco when is PRX opening up recruitment? right after headstart ends with a level req?
Not sure when, but if I had to guess we'll have a level requirement of 50 with some level of gear requirement. We actually have much higher membership than we expected (some 150 on atm) so the appetite to bring new people in is low.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Yeah you guys are fucking everywhere.

I'll be getting into the pvp zones pretty quick so if anyone else in Kyrios has a guild, im open. Nyrrukette.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I'd play but the game won't even let me in. Still says I don't have the right entitlements to play the game. If it's a free to play game, why the fuck do I need entitlements? :|

Saban_sl

shitlord
I'd play but the game won't even let me in. Still says I don't have the right entitlements to play the game. If it's a free to play game, why the fuck do I need entitlements? :|
Did you buy a founders pack? Its currently in headstart until the 16th, then F2P launches.

sebur

Bronze Squire
The symptom is a denial of service and most people just fight the symptom. The cause of the attack may not be as understood.

Most likely it is brute force password attempts - spamming the system as fast as possible.

Could also be more advanced such as TCP sequence number attacks or TCP/IP hijacking placing the attacker between a legit client and the server. UDP is especially vulnerable to these attacks and is often used for game data.

I won't go into detail on how the attacks work but you can google them. They have been used very successfully in the past and many modern apps are ignorant of them or sacrifice security for performance. Largely why they are increasing in occurrence.
Crazy part is I actually knew that but was totally have a lapse at the moment and couldn't think of anything else. I was also assuming the kids were just trying to take shit down and not steal anything.

In other news, any of the PRX members make it to 50 yet? Who has the highest level? Just curious where I stand vs PRX.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Trying to get a code from streamers is such a huge pain in the cunt. "giveaway in the next few min guys, give or take 2-3 hours", "No, I know it's in my stream title and I 100% put it there for views but I am tots going to bitch and moan whenever someone asks about it."