Archeage

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Queues on every server is pretty stupid, who thought less than 10 servers was a good idea?
No one outside of Trion.

To be fair, they've always planned on having more servers, just not for headstart. See, originally they said that they wouldn't put all of the servers online for headstart, and people didn't like that, so they said they would put all of them up. Then it was "we're doing headstart with the OB servers, we'll have more to put online if needed". Which they won't, until the 16th, which was the original plan. Shady shit.

They keep saying this "We're paying very close attention to server population this weekend to determine if more servers are warranted."
And this "We're continuing to monitor the Head Start servers to determine if more servers are needed."

Because all 6 servers having multiple hour queues does not seem to warrant adding more servers at this time.

(This message brought to you from position 2246 in the fucking queue)

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Do you think that when they open these new servers everyone will leave your super packed server and you will no longer have a queue? Even if they have 10 new servers on Tuesday everyone will be joining the 2-3 full servers. It is the same shit in every mmo EVER. Fucking deal.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If they don't add more servers in soon....I guess I'll just continue to wait...but I'll be thinking really hard how I wish I hadn't bought the damn game.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Do you think that when they open these new servers everyone will leave your super packed server and you will no longer have a queue? Even if they have 10 new servers on Tuesday everyone will be joining the 2-3 full servers. It is the same shit in every mmo EVER. Fucking deal.
The entire point is that they should have had more servers to begin with, you fucking noob.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
People would still be on the same 3 servers Mr. Grump.
Yeah, everyone would crowd onto the full servers where there's no land available. Gotcha. Not like thousands of established 50's jumped ship in Alpha when Omega opened. That would never happen.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
1. Our avatars are adorable.
2. Alpha, people didn't give a shit.

Legit question, do you think that the lack of land will dissuade players from joining a full server? Not rhetorical. I think that most players will pick the busy server over the one with available land. Taxes will not be paid, people will quit and land will open up. What use is a house and a farm if it's on the moon?

Saban_sl

shitlord
Give it a month and you'll start to see plots open up all over, soon as the taxes stop getting paid. Just gotta be ready to snipe whatever does come up.

When it comes to shearing a goose, do you do it as soon as the option is available or wait a bit for more yield?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
1. Yes, I was noticing that.
2. You're wrong. If they didn't give a shit, why bother moving to a fresh server and starting over, knowing it was all going to be wiped and they'd have to do it again at launch?

All the servers will be busy, at least for the first few months, so it doesn't matter. People already want to move servers based on the lack of land, there's just nowhere to go. Go read the official forums, and come back when you're a little more informed of what's actually going on.

Bruman

Golden Squire
The big guilds on the most populated servers (aka, Kyrios or however you spell it) won't go anywhere, but there's plenty of small guilds and non-guilded types that haven't poopsocked that much (either because they're not losers like us or just too much queue/error/crashing/etc), that would easily say "fuck this" and move to a fresh server with open land.

I'm the type that, if I lose even 5 minutes of playing a game I lose way too much interest in it. But objectively, we're talking 3-4 days of playtime for a MMO. Big whoop. Even if you did poopsock it, just poopsock it again.

But as others have pointed out - in a month, and more and more after that, queues and land and such will not be a big problem. I think the our server is popular enough that we'll still get queues here and there, but 5-10 minute queues, not the 2+ hour queues of launch weekend. Even after F2P launch. I suspect next weekend alone will be a lot better.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This is a niche game. 10 servers will almost certainly be just right/too much in 31 days.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is a niche game. 10 servers will almost certainly be just right/too much in 31 days.
Yep, And the people who move to the new servers will be pissed off and lonely next month. It's the same story for every new mmo.

Cybsled

Give it a month and you'll start to see plots open up all over, soon as the taxes stop getting paid. Just gotta be ready to snipe whatever does come up.

When it comes to shearing a goose, do you do it as soon as the option is available or wait a bit for more yield?
After you feed it and it is thriving, you can trim it for down. No need to wait.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
One thing I'm curious about.

Let's say a guild (PRX) set up shop on some island and got most of the plots. Then some guildies join on the server later (after launch) when the queues die down and they finally can get going. They see that the village that was set-up is all taken with perhaps a ration of PRX:65, Everyone Else: 35.

Are there methods through passive or aggressive play that you could 'encourage' your neighbors to vacate so that you can have guildies move into their spots?

I mean, it sounds like if there was it would be an ideal type of thing to do in this type of game. Understanding PRX isn't a PK guild but...