Archeage

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Fuck then i log into a black screen and its stuck there. Fuck me.
That's what happened to me. I left myself at character select while I slept and hit the black screen when I tried to log in. Wish I knew what caused it.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Feels like theres a memory leak going, the longer i play. But i don't want to relog to fix it.
Yeah, my graphics looked like crap, after being logged in for like 8 hours. But, if I had logged, that would have been it for me for the day, considering the queue times.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Didn't make my goal of level 50 before Monday, only got 44, feels bad man =\ Only got like 4 hours of sleep since Friday morning. I guess I shouldn't feel bad, I have 6 properties and clipper plans. Will get my large farm tomorrow probably.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Didn't make my goal of level 50 before Monday, only got 44, feels bad man =\ Only got like 4 hours of sleep since Friday morning. I guess I shouldn't feel bad, I have 6 properties and clipper plans. Will get my large farm tomorrow probably.
Very nice, I didn't get anywhere near the amount of time I wanted to get in game (life has to fuck with me) hoping to get some time in tomorrow and this coming 4 day weekend.

lindz

#DDs
Fuck then i log into a black screen and its stuck there. Fuck me.
Apparently there is a problem with dx11 and fullscreen mode. Try hitting alt+enter and switch to windowed (if you want to stay with dx11) or change to dx9. I haven't run into the problem, but rad that this was fixing it for some people.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I had a bunch of black screen issues after waiting in queue and when trying to actually enter the game.

3 times tonight so I'm freaking raging atm.

Anyway, if that happens to you, you need to launch the game in window mode. Stay in window mode. At least for me when i did this on a server without a queue I was able to then load into the game and when i fully loaded i ended up back in full screen mode automatically.

Edit
Yup lindz

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
so is this a good game?

i like open world pvp MMOs but the game itself needs to be entertaining to keep me interested longer than 3 weeks

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
hm keeps saying 'the gods have disconnected you' after i hit the connect button, and boots me back to desktop.

this is the most chaotic/downtimed launch ive been part of since WoW i think..well rift and the secret world was pretty bad but nothing close to this.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I had a bunch of black screen issues after waiting in queue and when trying to actually enter the game.

3 times tonight so I'm freaking raging atm.

Anyway, if that happens to you, you need to launch the game in window mode. Stay in window mode. At least for me when i did this on a server without a queue I was able to then load into the game and when i fully loaded i ended up back in full screen mode automatically.

Edit
Yup lindz
Already running D9 windowed mode because of random 1sec stutters that were happening, was the only way I found I could get rid of them

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Geez. I slowed down big time. Level 38 right now, and only a small farm. So uh...yeah. And my alchemy is coming along poorly. Think I'm up to like 200ish skill.

Oldbased

> Than U
So, on the actual game.
Is this going to be like Wildstar/ESO/Other recent games where everyone is holy shit it is awesome and 25 days later it is a ghost town or does it actually have potential?

Noticed in Rift pops were down about 50% this weekend and it has a decent expansion coming out early next month, but more curious on the long term of this game.
IOW drop everything I am doing Tuesday for it or keep smashing idiots in RIFT.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got to 40. Got my large farm finished, and still spent plenty of time with my family, so I am pleased with the weekend's result.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From EU's perspective it was a pretty smooth Head Start. Also 16ms latency is really cool after TESO scandal.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So, on the actual game.
Is this going to be like Wildstar/ESO/Other recent games where everyone is holy shit it is awesome and 25 days later it is a ghost town or does it actually have potential?

Noticed in Rift pops were down about 50% this weekend and it has a decent expansion coming out early next month, but more curious on the long term of this game.
IOW drop everything I am doing Tuesday for it or keep smashing idiots in RIFT.
People were super pessimistic about ESO months before release. My crew hated W* because no PvP, so no idea how most people felt cause I didn't keep up with that thread.

This game has legs... if the server community creates enough content for it and keeps it interesting by fighting each other. Many aspects of the game do not facilitate this well enough in my opinion, specifically many of the ways you can fight players in PvP do not give much reward. Unless you're hunting for prey on the open seas to get trade packs it's unlikely you'll be rewarded more than if you just sat and ground mobs. This is a problem that won't be fixed so we'll see how it goes.

But I think the next two months will be very fun either way!

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
People were super pessimistic about ESO months before release. My crew hated W* because no PvP, so no idea how most people felt cause I didn't keep up with that thread.

This game has legs... if the server community creates enough content for it and keeps it interesting by fighting each other. Many aspects of the game do not facilitate this well enough in my opinion, specifically many of the ways you can fight players in PvP do not give much reward. Unless you're hunting for prey on the open seas to get trade packs it's unlikely you'll be rewarded more than if you just sat and ground mobs. This is a problem that won't be fixed so we'll see how it goes.

But I think the next two months will be very fun either way!
That's a big "if". I only played alpha for around 3 weeks and with the exception of building a castle and guild vs guild sieges, I didn't see anything at end game that would keep it interesting long term. How exactly do you foresee the server community being able to create content?