Archeage

I still dont get how trade runs work in this game, is it anything like eve online? For example in eve, id know an item in area A could be bought cheaper than in Area B, and that i can sell that item for more in Area B, that would be my trade route. Do the price for packs fluctuate with player actions or?

Cybsled

Trade packs work on a supply and demand system. If too many of a certain trade pack go to a certain trader, the trader gives less and less returns to the player handing in.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
So I'm planning on going Ebonsong (archery, shadowplay, songcraft). Is this a decent class for PvP? Emphasis on decent. I don't really care about being the most optimal, I'm just really interested in songcraft.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Finally off work tomorrow and get to download and install, ready to join up with PRX!

Still unsure what fucking class to play.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Right now on Eu-Dahuta server there's already been some low profile guys roaming around doing hit'n'run against early traderun ships. It's kinda fun to read it since most guilds don't really know AA game mechanics about tradepack stealing. Some of them will eventually leave, saying "PvP in AA is unfair" since you can spend hours and money crafting some shit and then getting ganked and robbed like there's no tomorrow. Getting your 16x16 traderun ready just to be ganked 300 yards before NPC by a bunch of gankers could be infuriating. There's already mercenaries selling intercontinental traderuns for money, though most of them will scam and rob you as soon as they get you on their ship.

It's funny to see how people react to PK nowadays. As soon as you establish dominance during rush leveling (like wiping some group 2 or 3 times in a row) they basically refrain to make a move, regarding your guild name (like "hey they're serious business, don't mess with them"). On the other hand, if you're unguilded and / or alone, you're gonna get ganked bigtime. It stirs a lot of "good" drama between guilds, especially when PvP/PK happens on some illegal farm business and depending on guild tag you'll see them getting reinforcements within minutes. People got over the top mad when they actually lose time / money. Most of them are the usual "bigcat" guilds recruiting everyone without proper screening. I had good laughs watching those big guilds' players getting raped during leveling just because they're mostly into PvE business and/or can't play without a proper 50 people zerg operating on voicecom under some guy's orders. Game's definitely gonna be fun for some months, depending on which server you are.
Yeah, the server is packed right now with founder's people, so you'd think they'd know what the hell they're getting into. Apparently not. I believe a lot of people are going to be in for a rude awakening when the 30s hit.

I'm looking forward to the system though, because it really enforces the social aspect of a MMO. Get friends, or get fucked. Too bad the quest hub system still sucks for grouping compared to other options, but it's doable.

Did a Banana run this afternoon. I think there were ~12 of us with packs and 2 others for support. I was pretty lucky to be one of the two that actually made it on land to hand in. So I uprooted my house in hasla and put down the large farm. Pretty happy with my spot too. I'm only lvl 26 though. I feel really far behind in levels. I think I'm gonna get killed a lot in the 35+ zones taking this long. Farmville is just more engaging than killin random bandits. Gotta make those shrooms.
Yeah, I only got to 30 last night
frown.png
. I definitely feel behind the curve, but on the plus side I know there's a bunch of other people in my level range as well. But the later zones will most likely have quite a lot of time spent PVP'ing (which will hopefully be awesome fun), but it'll just slow down leveling even more. The leveling has already slowed down noticeably, plus being during the work week now, meh, it's just how it is. Maybe I'll be able to poopsock again this weekend and get with a steady group of people and chow down my way to 50.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Oh and - F2P opens today. Most people looking for a WoW style MMO experience will definitely clog up queues again some (although hopefully not as much on the PRX server, where there's zero land and already the worst NA queues), but I still don't see as many of those players sticking around once it gets to 30+ zones.

moontayle

Golden Squire
That would be shitty for anyone who didn't buy a founder's pack but still planned on subbing once they opened the gates.

Made it to 27 last night. Would have gone further but wife got the bug where no characters showed up on character select after her storyline quest bugged out and she decided to see if that would fix it. With a two hour queue and it being 9:30 at the time she said fuck it and I went to go mining for a bit. It's amazing to me that the character select bug even exists on a game that's technically over two years old.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I had a dumb question: can someone standing on a piece of land block it from being placed?

The reason I ask is, I want to switch out my small house for my scarecrow farm (provided I even can right now without pissing off PRX, and I'm still saving up lumber), but they're on different characters. I'd hate to loose my land in the ~30 seconds it'd take to demolish, switch characters, and place the new one. I'll want someone else there either way of course, in case I crashed during character select.

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
Haven't they tried and failed because Amazon is a fucking beast and is built for that type of traffic? Also what the fuck is the point of DDOSing a gaming company. Aren't these fucking nerds the type of people that play these games? Go DDOS the fucking government or FCC or something.
Yes. DDOS attacks against Amazon are frequent. It has been years since one had a visible customer impact.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Attack an even level enemy player thats nearly dead. He looks tanky, so i figure easy kill. Nope, seems like everything i do does 1 damage, and then he gets in melee range and nearly oneshots me. PVP.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I only got to 30 last night
frown.png
. I definitely feel behind the curve, but on the plus side I know there's a bunch of other people in my level range as well. But the later zones will most likely have quite a lot of time spent PVP'ing (which will hopefully be awesome fun), but it'll just slow down leveling even more. The leveling has already slowed down noticeably, plus being during the work week now, meh, it's just how it is. Maybe I'll be able to poopsock again this weekend and get with a steady group of people and chow down my way to 50.
I'm 43 and I feel behind the curve too. We've got over a dozen 50's in PRX now. I've been able to keep ahead of the masses for the most part (although Hellswamp on Sunday was fucking packed with reds), and I think that's what matters the most (especially when it comes to quests with bottlenecks). I feel kind of bad for the people that will be leveling 30+ through this weekend. They're going to get ganked hardcore as the new 50's have nothing better to do.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll be 50 by the weekend, and fully intend to spend my time coming to assist the lower people. Need everyone to 50!!!

Vitality

HUSTLE
So how's everyones gold amount looking in game? I'm at 75 liquid, 45 in investments, ~100 in property.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
PRX recruitment is now open. Read ourCode of Conductand if you agree to its termsfollow this processto post an application. Note that you are from Rerolled and if your desired name in ArcheAge differs from your forum name, please post it. If I know you I will respond to it vouching for you.