Archeage

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Meh. 25. Had crash > queue issues last night and by the time they implemented the fix, it was past 10 and I had 2+ hours of queue time. Just went to bed instead. Still planning on rushing the questing over the next few days and I'll probably hit 50 sometime next week. Not too worried about it.

Cybsled

I had a dumb question: can someone standing on a piece of land block it from being placed?

The reason I ask is, I want to switch out my small house for my scarecrow farm (provided I even can right now without pissing off PRX, and I'm still saving up lumber), but they're on different characters. I'd hate to loose my land in the ~30 seconds it'd take to demolish, switch characters, and place the new one. I'll want someone else there either way of course, in case I crashed during character select.
Nope. In fact, if you plant a house on a char, they could become stuck inside it lol.

My RL friend is a slow poke at MMOs and i would like to "play an alt" with him and keep his pace. Would it be viable to say, have my reaper as my main and when RL slow poke bud logs on, to level an archer or whatever switching my skillsets? Or will i be forced to start a new char basically unless we wanna level by AOE/mob grinding? (Which i dont think will sit well with him)

Libra_sl

shitlord
The official launch date is today (9/16), right? I didn't purchase anything (no founder, nothing) and it says "You don't have the right entitlements to play this game (Error# 2028)". Are the login servers just screwed up because it's launch day, or am I doing something wrong?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I bought the $150 founders pack but won't be able to devote any serious time playing AA until football season is over. Anyone know if it's possible to go ahead and create a F2P account and then switch over to patron status from the founders pack a couple of months down the road?

Bruman

Golden Squire
My RL friend is a slow poke at MMOs and i would like to "play an alt" with him and keep his pace. Would it be viable to say, have my reaper as my main and when RL slow poke bud logs on, to level an archer or whatever switching my skillsets? Or will i be forced to start a new char basically unless we wanna level by AOE/mob grinding? (Which i dont think will sit well with him)
All the quests will be done already for you.

The official launch date is today (9/16), right? I didn't purchase anything (no founder, nothing) and it says "You don't have the right entitlements to play this game (Error# 2028)". Are the login servers just screwed up because it's launch day, or am I doing something wrong?
Not until 10 PST.

I bought the $150 founders pack but won't be able to devote any serious time playing AA until football season is over. Anyone know if it's possible to go ahead and create a F2P account and then switch over to patron status from the founders pack a couple of months down the road?
My understanding is that Founder's pack started when head start launched, but maybe the clock only starts ticking when you log in. Did founder's pack give you a code? If that's the case, you could *probably* just wait to apply it. Although I think they're changing what the packs are named, but it's still supposed to be the same basic thing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So how's everyones gold amount looking in game? I'm at 75 liquid, 45 in investments, ~100 in property.
I can't figure out if this is some kind of sarcastic post, or if there's a portion of the game I'm still oblivious about. What is gold into investments and property?

I believe I've got about 55-60 gold right now, but I just bought the 50g mirage horse yesterday. I've also spent like 40 gold on expansion slots, since I didn't want to blow credits on them. I think I'm at 130 inventory and 80 warehouse.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't figure out if this is some kind of sarcastic post, or if there's a portion of the game I'm still oblivious about. What is gold into investments and property?

I believe I've got about 55-60 gold right now, but I just bought the 50g mirage horse yesterday. I've also spent like 40 gold on expansion slots, since I didn't want to blow credits on them. I think I'm at 130 inventory and 80 warehouse.
Its just a vitality post :p You get used to it.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Geez, how do you have so much gold already? Quest rewards, or selling farming mats on the AH or something? Something else?

Also - how do you buy expansion slots for gold? People buying them on the cash shop and listing on the AH?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Investments: Gold tied up in commodities (iron/stone/wood/mushrooms/lunarite etc) purchased for arbitrage (market flipping)

Property Valuation: Common asking price for a large farm plot in my region.

Just trying to get an idea where everyone's at financially.

Edit: I'm particularly surprised at how cheap Moonlight Archeum is currently.
Edit 2: I've made most of my money from coin purses and mining sales.
Edit 3: Mysterious Garden Powder > Lunarite conversion is a ~80% profit venture. (If you can sell the lunarite)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
75g. Bought 50g mount. All my resources not being used to create my gear, farmland or boats are sent to our guild crafters.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Geez, how do you have so much gold already? Quest rewards, or selling farming mats on the AH or something? Something else?

Also - how do you buy expansion slots for gold? People buying them on the cash shop and listing on the AH?
Yes on the second question. I got 6 scrolls for 1g65s yesterday cause someone didn't put their bids right.

Now if I could only get sunlight archeum in bulk. I am so jealous of armor makers, they have such a easy path to skill up.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yes on the second question. I got 6 scrolls for 1g65s yesterday cause someone didn't put their bids right.

Now if I could only get sunlight archeum in bulk. I am so jealous of armor makers, they have such a easy path to skill up.
I've gotten some Regrade gems this way, for 1s no less lol..

Try sniping some junk weapons people toss up on the market and evenstone them. Managed to get a decent stock of Sunlight this way.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Quest rewards and coin purses. Neither provides a lot, but over time they add up fast. In beta I got to level 47 and had something like 150g.

You can buy the expansion scrolls on the AH, yes. They're a marketplace only item (300 credits), but apparently people are flipping them pretty regularly. Can buy them for 4-5g. I feel like that's a pretty crazy price, personally, since you're essentially valuing 60 credits as 1 gold. Or, another way, 1g as $0.35. That seems like way undervaluing credits to me.

Edit: Cinge, what craft are you doing? I'm doing alchemy and I feel like it's got to be the most painful to level up. I'm at 2104 skill right now but it's been grueling. Then I see all these other people in the guild with 10k+ skills already and I'm like wtf?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
These games really bring out the worst in humanity. Had a guy follow me like 15 separate times last night trying to grab the fortuna vein spawning after my iron vein. He never succeeded. But it makes me laugh that being an asshole is just an expected way to behave. It'd be like finding the last sale item at a walmart, then have someone at the counter standing behind you just lifting it into their cart.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quest rewards and coin purses. Neither provides a lot, but over time they add up fast. In beta I got to level 47 and had something like 150g.

You can buy the expansion scrolls on the AH, yes. They're a marketplace only item (300 credits), but apparently people are flipping them pretty regularly. Can buy them for 4-5g. I feel like that's a pretty crazy price, personally, since you're essentially valuing 60 credits as 1 gold. Or, another way, 1g as $0.35. That seems like way undervaluing credits to me.

Edit: Cinge, what craft are you doing? I'm doing alchemy and I feel like it's got to be the most painful to level up. I'm at 2104 skill right now but it's been grueling. Then I see all these other people in the guild with 10k+ skills already and I'm like wtf?
Weaponry. It's pretty bad.

Alchemy will speed up once more large farms are online and you can bulk produce even faster and easier when people can do bundles. Alchemy is just boring as you make thousands of the basic stuff. As for others, some crafts can be upped pretty fast(quicker if they are using alts to burn through labor pots). Things like mason/tailor/metalwork are pretty easy to mass skill up.

These games really bring out the worst in humanity. Had a guy follow me like 15 separate times last night trying to grab the fortuna vein spawning after my iron vein. He never succeeded. But it makes me laugh that being an asshole is just an expected way to behave. It'd be like finding the last sale item at a walmart, then have someone at the counter standing behind you just lifting it into their cart.
Just mine in a pvp zone and flag and kill him :p

sebur

Bronze Squire
I hit 40 the other day and I have completely given up on questing. It has slowed down entirely too much and I made the mistake of mining for an hour straight with a vocation potion and I never want to quest again now. Sooo much more efficient to mine than questing. Fuck questing in this game past like 30+.