Archeage

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm used to queues for mmos. Though, I personally am used to them around prime time. I encountered a queue when logging in this morning at 4:50 est to chop my trees and replant before work.

I guess I just have never played on the absolute highest pop server in a game.

Oldbased

> Than U
smile.png

There's a double reason not to log out.

#1- You won't be able to get back in and play again for a long time.
#2- Most importantly, you don't earn any Labor Points (as a F2P). If I was playing as a F2Per, my computer would literally be running like a Chinese Bitcoin mining operation this first week until things got settled.
Stating a shitty event is not complaining however. That would have included a 2 page neck beard rant filled with Marvel fans and cheetos in a profanity laced novel of why it sucked.
I opted to simply go to bed instead.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Man reading some of the people here, you would think its their first MMO instead of people who have been playing them for over a decade. I mean still bitching about queues, yet if there were 20 servers and in a month 75% of them went to "Low", you would bitch about needing transfers/mergers(mergers just dont work here), it's like reading the official forums.

To me its much better for every server to have a queue for the first week and a healthy population later, then a bunch of low pop servers later.
So much this. Every MMO launch people bitch about queues only to bitch and moan a month or two later, when the developer inevitably caves, about server merges. Queues are better for the games health that adding a bunch of ghost town servers for immediate appeasement and mega-servers aren't an option due to the nature of the game. People need to suck it up for a week or two so that the hundreds of hours they spend playing the game after that are worth it rather than have instant gratification and a dead game three months in. This is even more critical in a game like ArcheAge, which has no instances, relies on character interaction for the majority of gameplay, and will be a fucking nightmare to merge servers if it ever comes to that. Yeah, it's sucks that I spent half my headstart in a queue and I'm sitting in one right now, but I'll take that over more servers and a dead game come month two or three.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I used to think a server merge would be impossible, but honestly I think it'd be exciting. You'd log in to find a mailbox full of all the bullshit you planted and all the land would be unclaimed. It'd be another free for all except this time you have max level characters with all the plans and resources to plant stuff.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I used to think a server merge would be impossible, but honestly I think it'd be exciting. You'd log in to find a mailbox full of all the bullshit you planted and all the land would be unclaimed. It'd be another free for all except this time you have max level characters with all the plans and resources to plant stuff.
TBH, high level land wars should have been a thing from the start, housing districts should all be PVP enabled and claims should have owner set windows that they can set themselves for enemy request based vulnerability of property. The housing areas should have been made claimable AFTER release. **Protected land should be VERY expensive to own** It's a dime a dozen right now and absolutely game-dulling.

Most of the population cheesed the fuck out of the land grab with the founder chest gilda stars within the first couple hours of the game. Pretty underwhelming really. Especially for those of us that didn't get our founder items until the second day due to backlog.

Rant rant rant, PRX hurry up and move to a server that matters, thx.

Bruman

Golden Squire
So much this. Every MMO launch people bitch about queues only to bitch and moan a month or two later, when the developer inevitably caves, about server merges. Queues are better for the games health that adding a bunch of ghost town servers for immediate appeasement and mega-servers aren't an option due to the nature of the game. People need to suck it up for a week or two so that the hundreds of hours they spend playing the game after that are worth it rather than have instant gratification and a dead game three months in. This is even more critical in a game like ArcheAge, which has no instances, relies on character interaction for the majority of gameplay, and will be a fucking nightmare to merge servers if it ever comes to that. Yeah, it's sucks that I spent half my headstart in a queue and I'm sitting in one right now, but I'll take that over more servers and a dead game come month two or three.
The PRX TeamSpeak was pretty miserable at times over the weekend. Some people kept bitching and bitching. Some of them got dicked over pretty bad with crashing, no patron status, no founders items, etc - they have every right to be pissed. But unless you're going to get a refund, just deal with it. It's a MMO launch, and it sucks, but the software industry is still terrible (I know because I'm part of it). And if you ARE going to get a refund, then go get it, and quit bitching.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
TBH, high level land wars should have been a thing from the start, housing districts should all be PVP enabled and claims should have owner set windows that they can set themselves for enemy request based vulnerability of property. The housing areas should have been made claimable AFTER release. **Protected land should be VERY expensive to own** It's a dime a dozen right now and absolutely game-dulling.
I agree 100%. And I still haven't gotten any Daru chests on my account, lol =\

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm hoping someone with multiple small house claims will be willing to give one up for me soon (looking at you, Tuco).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm used to queues for mmos. Though, I personally am used to them around prime time. I encountered a queue when logging in this morning at 4:50 est to chop my trees and replant before work.

I guess I just have never played on the absolute highest pop server in a game.
That's my complaint. I'd be fine with queues during primetime, but it's noon on a Wednesday and there's a 2 hour queue.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I have 3 I'm looking to offload onto people who are worthy. I might just get three large farms and be a one johnny fucking appleseed.

Vitality

HUSTLE
It's in the middle of a small PRX family in Hasla, you'd get wrekt constantly.
I wouldn't be so sure. Unless you're in Goodnews' family.

Who am I kidding, I've been getting my ass beat by this login queue, clementine could probably rek me at this point.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Logged in to queue, went and got an oil change, come back and still in queue. If anything it's giving me an excuse to do things I've been putting off.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I needed some charcoal to make my level 30 armor, so I decide to do a solo run to Two Crowns, friend decided to join me. Totally empty of people we each got 15 charcoal...ended up doing 2 more runs since it was so quiet there. I should have 45 tomorrow in my mailbox.

Wasn't at all what I was planning to do, but it worked out well enough.
smile.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My apartment is cleaner than it's ever been. I can't play games because I don't want to bother ArcheAge. This must be what it's like to not be a gamer.

Vitality

HUSTLE
My apartment is cleaner than it's ever been. I can't play games because I don't want to bother ArcheAge. This must be what it's like to not be a gamer.
I've been doing the "Insanity" T25 workout set. And working on my approach timing for a couple upcoming bowling tournaments.

Just bought a
rrr_img_76365.png

Cybsled

Ya, people are just camping freerich and the large farm quest guys. Other ports should be pretty quiet.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
So quest grinding is getting incredibly boring and i'm only level 15. The trade/pvp aspect is what intrigues me the most, is it possible to hit level 50 solely through crafting and tradeskills?