Archeage

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
...but at this rate Trion is essentially driving people off in massive numbers. If they don't open more servers in the next few days, I'm pretty sure people will just move onto the next game. Had I not paid for this shit already, I'd just quit at this point.
I don't really see that. Most of the complaints aren't "I played this game and it sucks" it's "I want to play this game, can't, and it sucks." People will want it more because they'll want to get in and see what all the hubbub is about. Even if people say fuck it and don't touch it for a month, they'll be back because they didn't actually get to do anything. When the queues slow down, all these people complaining now (even you) will be back.

Meanwhile, the patrons who actually got in and did shit like Tuco and PRX are going to keep subbing to not lose what they already got. No way most people with a $150 package is just going to walk away after playing for two weeks. So all the F2Pers leave, big deal Trion says. Better yet, they get tired of being locked out as a cheeser and then decide "Fuck, guess I'll have to sub to get a better chance to get in". I think that's part of Trion's thinking as well about why so few servers along with the legit concern of ghost towns. In the end, since a F2Per can't own land, if someone starts as a sub and gets shit, I highly doubt they'll downgrade their sub and lose their edge.

It's funny; you're saying they are 'essentially driving off people in massive numbers' because it's too crowded. Reminds me of that Yogi Berra quote:"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

This game will end up being what it always was supposed to be... niche with a nice, stable population.

Myst

Peasant
So I guess I am out of luck on finding a plot of land at this point? So much for having "Enough for everyone".

Libra_sl

shitlord
Having not kept up on this game, what's the general consensus of the actual game itself? Is it going to have legs or is it going to die off (generally speaking) pretty quickly like most everything seems to do nowadays? Are the mechanics and content pretty solid? How is the PVP?

Scyfi

N00b
So I joined Salphira because it had a small to zero queue before launch day, now launch day comes and it has the second highest queue. And it is slow as fuck so I know I am not in the "patron" queue like I should be.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Sorry to post this here, but with the amount of us "trying" to play this game I know someone has to have a better answer than Trion for this! lol My buddy can't be in game for more than 2-5 mins max before he hard locks, or sometimes he can even hear the game in the background but has a blue or green screen, (Not BSOD) just a single color blank screen and has to reboot his system and try again, as you know back in queue he goes! I have had him do all the usual, new drivers, flipflop DX versions, dumb down graphics, nothing helps. He can load the game, he can make a character for like an hour, but can't play to save his life. *Discalimer he's a gamer, plays everything like the rest of us, this has not and does not happen in any other game (so far lol)*

Anyone else seeing this issue?
A lot of people recommend playing in windowed mode but I had an easier time with less crashes playing in full screen. The only other thing I'd suggest is to just alt+f4 when that happens rather than doing a full restart. With the crash buffer in place he should be able to log back in without hitting the queue.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
So I guess I am out of luck on finding a plot of land at this point? So much for having "Enough for everyone".
Can definitely fit small farms in Windscour. I wouldn't be surprised if you could fit something bigger too, but there's definitely space around the already built houses for small farms. A few of those would be better than nothing.

Scyfi

N00b
No more like there is no separate queue and they are fucking lying to us. I don't see how they upped server capacity 20% and I am still in the so called patron queue, when during the head start the queue maxed at like 300 - 400 did we gain another 5000 patrons?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is something buggy with queues at the moment. My friend who was in a 3500 queue quit out and came back and got in instantly or in a couple mins. He's a patron. Pretty sure they're queue priority stuff is still wonky

moontayle

Golden Squire
No more like there is no separate queue and they are fucking lying to us. I don't see how they upped server capacity 20% and I am still in the so called patron queue, when during the head start the queue maxed at like 300 - 400 did we gain another 5000 patrons?
There's definitely a difference. One PRX F2P got in after 7 hours in a queue, which is about 3-4 hours longer than anything a Patron has complained about.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don't really see that. Most of the complaints aren't "I played this game and it sucks" it's "I want to play this game, can't, and it sucks." People will want it more because they'll want to get in and see what all the hubbub is about. Even if people say fuck it and don't touch it for a month, they'll be back because they didn't actually get to do anything. When the queues slow down, all these people complaining now (even you) will be back.

Meanwhile, the patrons who actually got in and did shit like Tuco and PRX are going to keep subbing to not lose what they already got. No way most people with a $150 package is just going to walk away after playing for two weeks. So all the F2Pers leave, big deal Trion says. Better yet, they get tired of being locked out as a cheeser and then decide "Fuck, guess I'll have to sub to get a better chance to get in". I think that's part of Trion's thinking as well about why so few servers along with the legit concern of ghost towns. In the end, since a F2Per can't own land, if someone starts as a sub and gets shit, I highly doubt they'll downgrade their sub and lose their edge.

It's funny; you're saying they are 'essentially driving off people in massive numbers' because it's too crowded. Reminds me of that Yogi Berra quote:"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

This game will end up being what it always was supposed to be... niche with a nice, stable population.
Well it drove me off, I gave them my $150 and I just now uninstalled the game. It's bullshit, I was basically scammed out of my money. Shame on me and lesson learned. Also, fuck Trion, they won't ever get another dollar from me.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Installed, Qued up, 4201 in line, went to the gym, ate dinner, read a few chapters of a book, 3-4 hours later still in line with 2000 people in front of me.

nothx

ill try again like sunday a.m.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I trained my wife on logging me into the queue.
Well it drove me off, I gave them my $150 and I just now uninstalled the game. It's bullshit, I was basically scammed out of my money. Shame on me and lesson learned. Also, fuck Trion, they won't ever get another dollar from me.
Holy shit you whine a lot.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I trained my wife on logging me into the queue.

Holy shit you whine a lot.
Holy shit, your observation is worthless.

But I guess you're right. I should be happy that I paid $150 for a game that I've been a in a queue for for a total of 22 hours and have had 3 1/2 hours of play time. You're right, what the fuck was I thinking?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
4.5 hours in queue so far. It's almost 9pm though, so I basically will probably farm, burn some labor, and log off. Super.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
If you are playing on Kyrios the queues went much higher than that in head start, if you aren't you have higher queues because of people changing to your server from servers like Kyrios as well as all the new patrons that joined the game after head start. People have this idea that everyone who wasn't in head start is a F2P but there are plenty of people who will pay the subscription but didn't throw down for the founder's packs. So yeah, I'd say 5000 new patrons is low balling it by quite a bit.