Archeage

sebur

Bronze Squire
Any fun builds to play while leveling that include songcraft? I'd really like to do a supporty class but they all seem so hard to quest on.
You could go with Spellsinger but I believe it got nerfed and isn't quite as good currently.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I tried GHA today with some randoms and someone from PRX, and it was awful. The PRX guy kept breaking my CC, and then when he left, the randoms just went with a "rush into giant packs of mobs and hope we kill some" tactic.

I guess part of the problem with having a mega-guild like PRX is that you get people that aren't necessarily MMO vets. Or if they are, they were basically shit and don't know what they're doing. It makes me only want to group with people from Rerolled.

Caliane

Im doing Enchantrix.
Witch/Songcraft/Aura.

low level still, but seems pretty good to me so far.
Witch/song have a nice combo right out of the gate.

songcraft- startling strain, instant 20s cd, 2s stun, and then charmed after stun. +20% faster cast selfbuff for 5s after.
Songcraft- crit discord. 1s cast. strong hit. 2% self crit buff, and consumes charm, to fear target for 5s or so.

Witch enervate. instant cast. 18s cd, medium damage, and mana burn over time, and -50% incoming heals. It ALSO increases stun duration by 30% adding another second to startling strain if you want.
And if used on a stunned target adds an additional medium damage over time.
So, you can startling strain, enervate, crit discord combo.
Alternatively, you can strain, crit discord, THEN enervate, as, enervate ALSO will deal +55% damage to feared targets.

CC from earthen grasp/bubble, and the first mentioned fear/stun combo.

All around lots of CC. CC breaks in each as well.

Gearing for int/magic damage, since soloing. which later on you need int/healing power gear for solo, and spirit/healing gear for party play...
Actual buffing is crap, early. seems you have to do one or the other really. Early game, solo damage/cc as noted. late game transition to healing gear, and spaming the performs. with some possible cc/healing intermingled.

Sunspots_sl

shitlord
If your ever relying on a guild tag above someone's head to determine worth you will be screwed everytime. I can't count how many progression guilds I've been in where most guild dungeons run worse than pugs.

lindz

#DDs
I'm playing a paladin at the moment and getting frustrated by the kill speed. Low dmg and high mana costs suck. Still want to play something supportive but with a bit more damage. Maybe I'll give one of those songcraft builds a try.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Any fun builds to play while leveling that include songcraft? I'd really like to do a supporty class but they all seem so hard to quest on.
Ebonsong (archery, shadowplay, songcraft) is what I'm doing know and it seems alright. Definitely not a popular class, but I wanted to play something different anyway. Damage is good with a bit of support as well.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
The connection process could be a bit more verbose. The looping movie, I've discovered, means that it is trying to connect to the logins, but it doesn't give you any indication if it's working or not or if it trying again or just given up.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
As long as you don't get the "Verify username and password" or whatever popup on the intro movie, I believe it's still trying to connect. Today it went through the entire thing (like on day 1) before getting to server select. Once the error comes up though, you may as well restart, because you'll be looping forever.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I had a disconnect, came back alive (amazing!) and got dumped again about 5 minutes later. Was able to get right back to server select, but this time had a queue. I was expecting 69000, but it was only 260. Not sure why I didn't trigger the 10 minute no queue window. That has been working for me this weekend.

Also, I've never had the game outright crash. But whenever a disconnect happens, it doesn't save your settings, like you'd expect of a crash.

It is strangely inconsistent though. Like all day long I've been going through the same few steps every time I log in. Turn quests I want tracked back on, turn on 4th hotbar, change hotbar bindings of x and z and h. After one of the disconnects, it remembered that I had bound H to bar 4, even though bar 4 wasn't even visible. Didn't save anything but that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is it not possible to have fun in this game if you're F2P?
Honestly, I wish I had gone F2P right now. Growing shit has almost become a chore, assuming you're someone who actually has land. And labor points are just something I need to blow a ton of and that's with me being a PRX alchemist, so I've got Kedwyn dumping tons of materials on me. And yet I've still got thousands of labor unspent. And if you really want to grow shit, you can find tons of places for secret farms.

The other advantage was the marketplace which you can buy for a tiny amount of credits or gold. Loyalty tokens so far have been barely worthwhile.

Really, the game shines in group play and PVP. You need absolutely nothing from patron for either.

Edit: I forgot the one that actually really matters right now. The patron queue. That's about the only area where patrons have a distinct advantage; actually being able to play.

Caliane

Honestly, I wish I had gone F2P right now. Growing shit has almost become a chore, assuming you're someone who actually has land. And labor points are just something I need to blow a ton of and that's with me being a PRX alchemist, so I've got Kedwyn dumping tons of materials on me. And yet I've still got thousands of labor unspent. And if you really want to grow shit, you can find tons of places for secret farms.

The other advantage was the marketplace which you can buy for a tiny amount of credits or gold. Loyalty tokens so far have been barely worthwhile.

Really, the game shines in group play and PVP. You need absolutely nothing from patron for either.

Edit: I forgot the one that actually really matters right now. The patron queue. That's about the only area where patrons have a distinct advantage; actually being able to play.
depends on play time. If you play ALOT, you can farm the cash for the APEX.
Playing casual. Not being able to use the AH to trade, and forced to use public farms, or try secret farms really cuts into your ability to even make cash easily. Not too mention the labor thing, also massively cutting into cash potential.

Cybsled

Heh, based on posts from Trion, it appears they tried to have labor gains normalized and dumbfuck XLgames who designs shit for PCbangs didn't like the idea of the US version being different than other countries.

Well duh, that is the whole point of localization you stupid fucks. It's the same reason the pedobear costumes they sell over there probably won't be ported over here: no one wants that shit ;p Well, maybe some troll guilds do...

Cybsled

Basically 2 weeks after planting them if they pay no taxes. Any property which states its status is scheduled for demolition will do as such on the date/time shown unless the person ponies up the taxes.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I tried GHA today with some randoms and someone from PRX, and it was awful. The PRX guy kept breaking my CC, and then when he left, the randoms just went with a "rush into giant packs of mobs and hope we kill some" tactic.

I guess part of the problem with having a mega-guild like PRX is that you get people that aren't necessarily MMO vets. Or if they are, they were basically shit and don't know what they're doing. It makes me only want to group with people from Rerolled.
yeah a lot of times people in instances get lazy. I'm hoping to run some GHA this week and I think a lot of people will too.