Archeage

Caliane

haha. oh man, this game is like 1998 design half the time.

"armies of Castigant" noobie "raid".
Spawns every 2 hours in real time. or 12 hours in game time.
you have to kill 20 minions, that spawn. A boss spawns too. if he dies, the event ends early.

Because its 1998, you only get credit for a kill if you deal damage. heals, buffs. Nah. you get screwed. you have to deal damage.
because its a 2 hour event, a 5 man quest, has 90-100 players around it every time in a raid, or two trying to get tap on those npcs as fast as possible. they all die in .5s. you need to spam instant damage moves to get any credit.

The boss himself is tuned for that 5man and will die in about 2 seconds. If he dies, the event ends early. no one finishes it.
He dies early every time as people tab spam instants to try and get credit for kills.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So it looks like Character Creation is a go for afk timer bypass. It doesn't seem like they fixed char select yet so not sure on how viable char creation will be when they fix it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
haha. oh man, this game is like 1998 design half the time.

"armies of Castigant" noobie "raid".
Spawns every 2 hours in real time. or 12 hours in game time.
you have to kill 20 minions, that spawn. A boss spawns too. if he dies, the event ends early.

Because its 1998, you only get credit for a kill if you deal damage. heals, buffs. Nah. you get screwed. you have to deal damage.
because its a 2 hour event, a 5 man quest, has 90-100 players around it every time in a raid, or two trying to get tap on those npcs as fast as possible. they all die in .5s. you need to spam instant damage moves to get any credit.

The boss himself is tuned for that 5man and will die in about 2 seconds. If he dies, the event ends early. no one finishes it.
He dies early every time as people tab spam instants to try and get credit for kills.
68bJbpv.jpg

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Why use char creation over char select?
I get kicked from char select, when I go afk. It seems their afk detection works for some and others can idle without getting kicked. I am stuck in queue for 6 hours now and had to start from scratch 2 times, because I got disced without a message. So no grace period either. It seems to get worse and worse even.

Oh well, at least interesting games in the Premier League.

Desidero

N00b
I was finally about to log in... chose a server without a queue (!) and then all servers switched to "Maintenance" as soon as I tried to connect. I'm not sure how many more times I'm willing to try to play this game.

Desidero

N00b
There's no refresh button on the server status page and none of the buttons work except "exit game". Do I have to restart the game (which also takes forever) every few minutes during the 60-90 minute restart window or will it automatically refresh on its own?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I get kicked from char select, when I go afk. It seems their afk detection works for some and others can idle without getting kicked. I am stuck in queue for 6 hours now and had to start from scratch 2 times, because I got disced without a message. So no grace period either. It seems to get worse and worse even.

You're not getting afk kicked. The AA client is extremely unstable and also has a very sensitive connection to the server. At this time there is no afk kick timer on Character Select. As for when the servers come up, no idea. They have yet to state a reason for a server reset the day after maintenance.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

I was in char select for about 2 hours this morning with no kick. I finally got kicked due to server maint. So far I'm only lvl 8. Is the goal for a F2P at this point to just keep grinding quests? I haven't figured out how to even specialize in crafts yet.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
"We've increased the capacity of our EU serverspast the recommended limit advised by the developersshortly after launch."

Trion nominated for stupidest fucks in the industry award.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
There's no refresh button on the server status page and none of the buttons work except "exit game". Do I have to restart the game (which also takes forever) every few minutes during the 60-90 minute restart window or will it automatically refresh on its own?
There is a refresh button beside the "Select Server" thingie. I missed it at first aswell, if thats what you are talking about.