Archeage

sebur

Bronze Squire
I am with you Tuco, I said fuck the weapons and am farming Hasla tokens and plan on just trying to make tons of gold to buy any armor I may need.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Buying lvl44 armor isn't really a good way to get gear right now, as only a few people get to 20k proficiency, and the right proc could sell 200-400 golds depending on which server you're on. You'll spend at least 1400g on a full lvl44 armor which doesn't really have better stats than the questing Hasla / Karkasse one. Lvl50 crafted gear is kind of mandatory right now when people are wandering around with Hasla weapons.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If it's not better than the quested armor, why the hell would it be 200-400 gold? It sounds like it should probably just be sitting in someone's bank until there's a capability to turn it into the next tier.

I plan on doing the same though. Just save up gold and buy it. Let the crafters make tons and sort it out as opposed to trying to proc the perfect set just for me.

Oldbased

> Than U
I keep getting jumped by 4-20 reds mostly level 50 when I am still in my 30's. I try putting up a fight but ya lol. Most of our side hide in camps and just run away. Hoping West grows some balls in that regards. I've seen few willing to put up a fight.
Last night the group that jumped me that I fought back on despite the numbers and extreme level gaps I watched attack 3 more guys leveling. They just stood there till they died, didn't even try to fight back.

Probably just go pirate once I am 50 anyways cause arrrrrr

sebur

Bronze Squire
This is happening a lot to the people that didn't get a chance to level. I have been essentially camping my friends who are behind on leveling and killing any and every enemy that comes by them whether they look like they are going to attack or not. The ones that make the mistake of attacking him, if I find them while leveling I get them low enough where the mob kills them in hopes that the mob getting the final blow they will lose exp, etc. No clue if it actually works that way but not like they can fight me anyway.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's entirely the reason that I poopsocked my way to level 50. Sunday of head start wasn't too bad, but once Monday hit, it started getting dicey. Had issues with the queue, but I was in my low 40's by then. There were lots of fresh 50's running around ganking people levelling early last week. At that point I knew I needed to drop everything else and hit 50 just to avoid the shit storm that was coming.

I really need to get off my ass and finish Hasla farming, because I anticipate that is going to be a nightmare by this weekend.

For some reason that reminded me about yesterday. Hasla just went into the war phase, and I was in the Hasla PRX village. Some red around lvl 35 decided to throw an attack my way. Not even sure what it was, because it didn't put a dent in my insulating lens. I thought about just shrugging it off, but I was pretty annoyed that this asshat was probably looking to knock out people that were afk or not paying attention. Was pretty satisfying just obliterating him.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Tips for leveling:

1. NEVER LEVEL ALONE
2. NEVER LEVEL ALONE
3. NEVER LEVEL ALONE

Aside from that, here's some other tips

1. Never level alone - find a buddy. Make a buddy. Go back to quests you've finished, and oh noez, you might have to help them catch up to you.
a. Most gank squads just want to an easy solo kill. Even having 2 or 3 buddies will sometimes deter people enough
b. It can suck on some OA quests to be in a group, but suck it up. Most quests are kill quests go sooo much faster with multiples
c. Things dying faster = you getting hit less. You'll have more HP if you get PVP attacked
d. Things dying faster = you don't have to use all your fancy cooldowns every mob to not die. You'll have more tools if you get PVP attacked
2. Overachieve the fuck out of everything. Do it. Now. I think I've skipped maybe 2 or 3 quests total (now 48) from OA'ing. Most you should do it. Why?
a. You're already there killing/clicking shit. No time lost moving between hubs
b. You're in your group right? Safety in numbers. Again, no time lost finding buddies
c. You'll be that much higher for later zones
3. As ganking gets worse, fight in lower zones you haven't done yet. Go in order. Silent Forest -> Yny -> Halcy -> Hellswamp -> Sandeep -> Rockborne -> Windscour -> Perinoor -> Hasla -> Karaksaraifawiefar
a. You'll be higher level than the regular shits in the zone. You'll want any advantage you can get for gank squads
4. If at all possible, hunt in peacetime zones. This is why zones go to peacetime - so gankers can't completely stall people leveling
5. Level in crafting. There are crazy awesome ways to level crafting/gathering, but you do NOT have to get fancy. Vocation pot (cheap on AH I hear, or marketplace) + mining, or making easy shit (logs -> lumber, stone -> stone brick, ore -> bars) will get you a little over a level per hour typically.

So, yeah, gank squads suck ass, but you can still make progress at almost any time. After that, play smarter. No, it's not the WoW model, and the world is semi-EQ/UO in that it requires you to be social and embrace the MM part of MMO. It's not for everyone.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
any tips for actually getting into the fucking game? i survived the queue once and when i did it wouldn't let me create a char of any race or faction

Bruman

Golden Squire
Do you have two characters somewhere else? It's restricted to two characters game wide, I think (without a marketplace purchase).

Edit: And just to double check - they did fix the afk character select sitting, didn't they? Or did I just hit some bad luck? Was in this afternoon (40 person queue), played for an hour, went to dinner, came back to a 900 person queue.

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
haha so i cant play with my guild because the server is full? After 1 week of queing I'm done. Not even gonna try

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It's probably been said but I imagine it would be a pretty hard choice to quickly add servers to fix the queue problem when they are probably getting a metric shit ton of money from people upgrading to patron to get a better spot in line.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tonight PRX engaged in a large battle with the West. They formed two full raids and invaded PRX Village. We rucked up and engaged them, defeating them on the open field, pushing them into the Nui Shrine, then pincering their counter attack. Finally we pushed them off our land and created a human chain to block the invaders.

One of them was streaming, the fights in Ynystere start a 46 minutes in:
Pace22 - Pace-Lv50 OCEAN/LAND PVP (KYRIOS) - Twitch

4PhFery.jpg

KXQmeS8.jpg

WE8iiFe.jpg

Gc12KX5.jpg

xCVOxRU.jpg

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
Tonight PRX engaged in a large battle with the West. They formed two full raids and invaded PRX Village. We rucked up and engaged them, defeating them on the open field, pushing them into the Nui Shrine, then pincering their counter attack. Finally we pushed them off our land and created a human chain to block the invaders.
Like a Boss.

lol, nice one!

Bruman

Golden Squire
I'm really curious as to how PVP is gonna play out on our server. Reds so far seem to be pretty big cowards, even when they outnumber us 2 to 1. When Hasla went peacetime tonight, they outnumbered greens 4 to 1.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Eh I wouldn't pass judgement too quickly. Red rolls us in Halcyona every night I hear.