Archeage

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well when a MMO comes up with HackShield you can be pretty sure hacking / exploiting / botting will be rampant unless they hire an army of GMs to fight it. In Archeage right now you can check AH and figure whether or not there's something going on.

Vitality

HUSTLE
The question is why would they have that client side? How did they not see hacking coming?

And the biggest question is will they be able to fix or change it?
This is XL Games, the company founded by the guy that made the original Lineage we're talking about bud...

Good luck with that.

The original planetside had a bunch of this stuff coded client side and with simple memory editing setups you could change your crotch into a Tank Cannon and dick on fools. It's hardcoded into the game and extremely hard to fix.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Whelp, hopefully they find a way to crack down on it before it has a hugely bad effect on the game.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The most saddening thing right now is, you can't rob fish boats cargo.

Fix1Lpp.png

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Heh on Ollo the same guy has gotten 4 of the house rots I've been to.
According to the official forums there is a hack for that as well with video.

I think what shocks me the most about this shit show is Trion has video evidence on their forums. Some of which are streamers, using hacked clients and third party tools to teleport / speed hack / other obvious abusers and they've done nothing.

I guess they are so desperate for a cash grab they'll let anything slide.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess they are so desperate for a cash grab they'll let anything slide.
I think it's a very childish "X company is EVIL" thought : Trion iscurrently hiringCSRs for Archeage and getting bad PR because of bots / hacks is pretty damaging in a market where consumer trust matters. I do think they don't hire enough people to fight it (mostly because it's expensive to hire people banning bots / hackers and recovering stolen accounts all day long, MMO wise Payroll isn't a small expense at all) but I have to disagree with you about the cash grab. They can't really do anything themselves, they have to ask XL Games, and korean developers are pretty clueless about security (remember Aion launch). Right now Archeage is a mess, thanks to XL Games, HackShield is useless, there's a lot of stuff you can edit client side and there's no server side check for most basic things aka XP / time or character movement. Trion didn't code Archeage. They just have to hire legions of GMs to take care of the clusterfuck XL Games created. They'd rather force the koreans to update / change their goddamn client security than having to hire an army of banhammers to do the job.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
It seems pretty bad, a quick search turned up a paid and free auction house plugin for the popular bot program that spans multiple games. Leveling bots don't bother me nearly as much as AH bots/scripts do.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Kedwyn, you could blame Trion for the shitshow hacks when Rift was released, but not for Archeage. You should know better.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The hacks and exploits are terrible in this game and trion seems to have zero ability to stop it.

Radar, teleport trade packs, no fall damage, unlimited glider, speed up attack speed etc..
They're actually banning a lot of players for it. I did some research on it because the Russian server castle claims were done by a lot of teleporters and yeah, teleport hackers are getting hit.

I'm sure they could do more and I'll never understand why MMO companies don't have volunteer guides to act on this stuff.

uBcaeZG.jpg

owiiWCN.jpg

b2XI1S0.jpg

Radge_sl

shitlord
Tuco, how screwed are you guys if all the castle slots are grabbed by teleporters? Assuming Trion doesn't revert or rollback, can you assault right away or is there a waiting period?

As an aside, I'm REALLY hating the Trial chat change. Half my entertainment while doing this horrid leveling process was reading the trials, especially the explosion of hate-gasm any time a PRX member was on trial.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The good news is that we have enough contacts that we could raise some kind of fuss over it, but who knows if they'd come through. With how afraid people seemed to be of getting banned I'd be really surprised if someone would risk the 2k gold and other stuff. It's not like it's something that could fly under the radar easily.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What happens when we have drunken PvP nights:

The captain was drunk out of his mind.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Jesus Christ, I hope they're working on this shit. It's like I finally find an MMO I like and it's getting ass raped by hackers.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I've got 5k labor saved up, what should I spend it on for fast experience? I don't have a farm. I have a shit ton of coin purses I never opened up, should I just do that?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've got 5k labor saved up, what should I spend it on for fast experience? I don't have a farm. I have a shit ton of coin purses I never opened up, should I just do that?
Buy Iron Ore, smelt it ad nauseam, sell Iron Ingots. Take a Vocation Potion too for double xp.