Archeage

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've got 5k labor saved up, what should I spend it on for fast experience? I don't have a farm. I have a shit ton of coin purses I never opened up, should I just do that?
Buy raw stone, buy merchant shop item to make hereafter stones. They're 50 labor a craft and sell for cost+ on AH.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Tuco, how screwed are you guys if all the castle slots are grabbed by teleporters? Assuming Trion doesn't revert or rollback, can you assault right away or is there a waiting period?

As an aside, I'm REALLY hating the Trial chat change. Half my entertainment while doing this horrid leveling process was reading the trials, especially the explosion of hate-gasm any time a PRX member was on trial.
Yeah it's freakin lame. That was probably the thing I enjoyed most in Archeage, trolling the fuck out of the trial chat. I could get people so butthurt I swear they were probably almost crying IRL.

They do need to add one thing to this game though. Any bots/exploiters that GM's find, and flag for action, should be brought to public trial as well, with the max sentence being perma-death or bans or whatnot. Yes everyone would just perma-ban everyone, but it would feel oh so good hearing "so and so is on trial for hacking" and having the players deliver that perma-ban or perma-death.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They do need to add one thing to this game though. Any bots/exploiters that GM's find, and flag for action, should be brought to public trial as well, with the max sentence being perma-death or bans or whatnot. Yes everyone would just perma-ban everyone, but it would feel oh so good hearing "so and so is on trial for hacking" and having the players deliver that perma-ban or perma-death.
Yes because it'd be so fun using actual game mechanics on people who don't give a tapdancing fuck about them.

EDIT : google your own hacks.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I went to 14 land grabs this weekend and had no luck. A fellow with the wonderful name of poodoo got the lions share of them (if he was there he got it), always logging out immediately after. The poor cs folk coming in to work on monday will probably have 1000 reports on the guy.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I went to 14 land grabs this weekend and had no luck. A fellow with the wonderful name of poodoo got the lions share of them (if he was there he got it), always logging out immediately after. The poor cs folk coming in to work on monday will probably have 1000 reports on the guy.
Yeah there's a hack to spam claim packets and claim it while it's still burning. All you can do is hope that nobody shows up with that.

They'll probably never be able to fix that though, it's just packet injection. All they could do is make it so the server prevents the client from claiming until after it's done burning, but even then they'd have an advantage.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not on my Kyrios! (You gotta get while the gettings good)
10/5/2014 7:12am
stone brick: 18s
hereafter stone: 19s

I had forgotten that you use 3x stone bricks to make 3x hereafter stones, rather than 1 hereafter stone.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Jesus Christ, I hope they're working on this shit. It's like I finally find an MMO I like and it's getting ass raped by hackers.
To fix the problems would mean rewriting both the client and server from scratch. Guess what the likelihood of that is?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah there's a hack to spam claim packets and claim it while it's still burning. All you can do is hope that nobody shows up with that.

They'll probably never be able to fix that though, it's just packet injection. All they could do is make it so the server prevents the client from claiming until after it's done burning, but even then they'd have an advantage.
This is something that may ultimately drive players away. Its frustrating enough there isn't land but also fighting hacks whenever land opens up is something else. What sucks is if they can't stop the method of how its being done, they may alter game mechanics to fight it (limiting the amount of unfinished properties you may own).

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
After playing for almost 3 weeks I am extremely bored. I am convinced this game should have been on android/iOS with their shitty labor system.

I log in, cut my trees, re-plant, go farm hasla tokens and maybe do some fishing... Snooze fest, my server population has dropped drastically in the past week (inoch) going from a jampacked full server with people all over doing their thing and now... mostly barren with about 30-50 people in hasla and thats about it. Theres maybe 1 group of east players camping the austera docks and thats about it, sometimes I've done runs and nobody is even there, the sea is empty of people. Quite a few are doing trade runs, but only during peace time.

Made a new character last night to try something new, was daggerspell now im trying out primeval and holy shit, you thought WoW's quest grind was boring? Try doing Archeage quest grind without the launch craziness and everything being new, it will break even the most enthused player.

My biggest gripe was, yeah you can re-spec anytime you want...but your skills are shit til you level them up (fine) but as far as gear, to try to replace or even get somewhere close to the 44-50 quest gear, you're looking at 200+ gold, not counting weapons and if you managed to get uniques or better for your quest rewards, good luck
smile.png
Trying to do GHA with sub-par AH gear is impossible.

Of course, the hacking, botting, gold spammers and general air of discontent with the playerbase on reddit/here and anywhere you can talk about the game doesn't help either.

Considering when I first started playing this game I thought it was the most amazing, badass game to hit the market since Ultima Online. How quickly I am just, not having fun is a mystery to me... Maybe I only liked it because it was new.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
You should try PvP, it's kind of a thing in Archeage.
What pvp? the 1v5's? Maybe wandering around the ocean in search of a lvl 30 getting his large scarecrow? Arena?

Inoch is a shit server. I would try to play on another but that would have to wait til tomorrow for my character to be deleted I just made or fork out some cash that trion doesn't deserve.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
So you do the most boring types of activities in *any* game solo and then complain that your bored...

lol

I agree on the hacking / botting problem though, but unfortunately that shit is now pretty much a given regardless of what MMO your playing nowadays. It's a problem in this game and it will be a problem in the next and I don't foresee it getting any better, most likely only worse in the games to come.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I don't think you understand that this server is 100% carebear. Everyone is doing safe trade packs and farming.

A sandbox is only as good as the players make it. The pics tuco is posting doesn't happen here. The big guilds have a truce and do freedich runs together it's fucking trammel all over again.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
What pvp? the 1v5's? Maybe wandering around the ocean in search of a lvl 30 getting his large scarecrow? Arena?

Inoch is a shit server. I would try to play on another but that would have to wait til tomorrow for my character to be deleted I just made or fork out some cash that trion doesn't deserve.
I do alot of sport fishing with friends, while the fishing itself certainly isn't mind blowing fun I love the shenanigans that can arise when your hauling in a fish on your back that's worth 20 gold. Managing to dodge the red blockades, and then the friendly faction PKs hiding under the water on your way in is alot of fun. Also when a galleon shows up with 20 reds at your fishing hole and all the fishermen band together fight off the reds, board the galleon and proceed to destroy it, awesome fun.

And if you want to make some pvp for yourself try planting a good sized trees farm in a PVP zone, or find someone elses. That will bring you some action.

The game isn't going to hold your hand though and if your solo you will need to bust out that brain of yours to mitigate some of the many disadvantages being solo brings.

I don't think you understand that this server is 100% carebear. Everyone is doing safe trade packs and farming.

EDIT

A sandbox is only as good as the players make it. The pics tuco is posting doesn't happen here. The big guilds have a truce and do freedich runs together it's fucking trammel all over again.
You mentioned 1 v 5's so everyone certainly isn't carebearing it. But that being said once the North Cont opens up its going to be 100% pvp 100% of the time. (There might be some neut guards at gold hubs, not sure) so let the carebears have the south.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Reroll on Kyrios is my recommendation. There's a reason all the big PvP guilds rolled on a few servers. I think Ollo is a better NA server, but Kyrios is the only Oceanic/SEA server.