Archeage

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Why is it that you're in every single non-WoW thread with oneliners insulting the game?
Max effective trolling. Other games are currently popular, insult them--when WoW eventually burns people out during it's 12+ month content breaks, Itz cheerleads it....He's pretty transparent. If there was a thread denouncing Nazism, Itz would show up to talk about how many discoveries the Nazis made.

Cybsled

Huh, I took his quote as meaning that in a PVP game, no one likes being the victim.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the better lesson is if you allow ways for players to bypass or largely avoid PvP in what is supposed to be a PvP game, a majority of players are going to take advantage of that as much as they can. Also, everyone wants to be a wolf but only if the wolf has clear advantages over the sheep.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I think the better lesson is if you allow ways for players to bypass or largely avoid PvP in what is supposed to be a PvP game, a majority of players are going to take advantage of that as much as they can. Also, everyone wants to be a wolf but only if the wolf has clear advantages over the sheep.
...lawl, it's like you completely missed the analogy so you tried to explain it more but in that case made it make less sense. There is no circumstance in which a sheep has an advantage over a sheep.

"Everyone wants to be in the car, racing the bikes. So long as those bikes aren't faster than the car, that is!"

I agree with your first sentence though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What's the eagle and the whale?

I think fishing has a good balance of risk vs reward for the wolf and the sheep. The sheep in this case are the fishermen who can earn a fairly consistent and tidy profit from fishing in PvP zones and taking the fish to a vendor to sell. The wolves can earn an extraordinarily good profit if they are skilled enough to form a small group and pick off small groups of fishermen, especially if they tag a fishing boat that doesn't have enough guards. But if the conditions aren't right, they aren't skilled or have too many wolves the profit will drop below what the fishermen get. Plus all the fishermen get to know the wolves and will attack them around the world or attack their guild. It really is some nice gameplay, biggest problem I have with it is that it's in water and I hate water combat.

If we had intercontinental trade pack runs for gold we'd probably see the same dynamic. Right now the wolves who want trade packs have to try to blockade them in safe zones and pull them into war zones which is a terrible gameplay mechanic. I guess 1.7 fixes that and makes sea combat much better.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm not the only one who doesn't get the meaning of the story, right? That if you don't find a mate you're going to be eating walrus all day until your brother shoots your husband?

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm not the only one who doesn't get the meaning of the story, right? That if you don't find a mate you're going to be eating walrus all day until your brother shoots your husband?
Ah.. the American Dream. It's a beautiful thing.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's "The Eagle And The Wale", not "The Eagle & The Whale".

Bruman

Golden Squire
It's not just you. I guess I'm a stereotype stupid American or something. I was unable to grok the point of that story.

The Blackrose_sl

shitlord
Hasla T3 weapons is a dick move regarding the game but most people are happy with it, they won't have to see their hopes of getting a nice weapon crushed by RNG crafting, they'll just have to grind Hasla for days / weeks and be 100% sure to get an heroic Epherium weapon for free. Unless you're a serious healer of course.
T3 Hasla is for suckers if you're mage/healer/support. You'll still be needing to find an Epherium club or scepter if you PvP and want to be close to the same level as archers. The real ball kicker is them not releasing the Obsidian weapons.

This is also going to be a real kick in the balls for the armor market. If you're still in Illustrious or GHA, you're going to need to upgrade and fast.

The only real winners out of this are melee (which are pretty much meh until 55 comes out) and archers (who really don't need to be given more ammunition).

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
"The first Lodestone claimed in each zone confers ownership of the zone to the claiming guild and crowns its leaderLord of the zone.(At which point all other Archeum Lodestones in the zone will be deactivated.)"

So, Lord Tuco shortly?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Also as Cinge said, they stated Farm Wagon won't be a Farm Cart Upgrade, I guess they changed their opinion at the last moment. It's not a stupid move and it should allow TS trees price inflation coming to a halt.
Now I'm not sure if this is XLGames or Trion, but there is precedent for anyone pissed at Trion for this kind of stuff. They did things like this inDefiance:

Yet another reason to not trust Trion [Archive] - Defiance Forums

Not meant to have a turret huh?

Maybe they "misspoke" in ArcheAge as well... /shrug

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Vent is the GM of PRX. Whether or not we'll get a castle tomorrow we'll have to see.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ArcheAge Version 1.2 Build 4.14: Patch Notes
AURORIA
* Explore six new lands: Nuimari, Heedmar, Marcala, Calmlands, Exeloch, and Sungold Fields.
* Be the first to claim Archeum Lodestones in Marcala, Calmlands, Heedmar, and Nuimari, each available for building castles.
* Adventure through the Serpentis (Level 50) instance dungeon in Exeloch.
* Fight new maximum-level monsters throughout the continent.
* Learn more!

GAMEPLAY
* Added 14 new recipes for Brilliant Hasla Relics and Eternal Hasla Relics, the second and third Hasla weapon tiers. Crafting these tiers also requires Gilda Dust as a component in addition to Hasla tokens.
* Doubled the cost to repair equipment to make dying a little more significant.
* The Diamond Shores worldgates will now send you to Calmlands because Diamond Shore is not yet available. Worldgates are a type of portal in some major cities. They cost three Hereafter Stones to use. Existing worldgates have already allowed travel between the two southern continents.
* Added Illustrious Storage Chest (80 storage slots) recipe to Regal Carpentry Workbench.
* Reduced vendor sell price of Archeum Tree Sapling from 1 gold to 10 copper.

VEHICLES
* Added designs for the Apex Squall Car, Ezi's Glider, Moonshadow Glider, Red Dragon Glider, and Thunderbolt Glider to Mirage Isle.
* Rebalanced the flight properties of Ezi's Glider, Moonshadow Glider, Thunderbolt Glider, Red Dragon Glider, and Feathered Dragon Glider to match the Ultimate Glider. This is prevent any one glider from being the overwhelmingly best option in almost all cases due to combination of flight properties and abilities. These gliders are now differentiated by their unique abilities which have not been changed.
* Removed vehicle designs from the Honor Points Vendor and Vocation Badge Vendor for rebalancing the cars before reintroducing the designs. Players who had already purchased these designs will keep them but these cars cannot be crafted until they are reintroduced to the game.
* Updated the four-slot Farm Wagon recipe to require the two-slot Farm Cart summoning scroll as a component, making the Farm Cart an upgrade path instead of a separate item.

INTERFACE
* Added the ability for players to report spam in chat. Right-click the character name on chat or use "/spam [NAME]" to submit a report to a Game Master.
* Added a notification to the trade interface when a locked trade changes to an unlocked trade.
* Added a three-second delay before the trade interface's accept button is available when the lock status is changed on either side.
* Removed a duplicate recipe on the Regal Carpentry Workbench.
* Fixed a map issue where two zoom levels were reversed in some areas.

NOTES
* This update is about 150 MB and will be available for download via Glyph during the announced EU and NA server outages. Please visit our Server Status forum for details.
* For the latest developments, be sure to visit our Launch FAQ and Known Issues threads.
Source

Skrigg

Golden Squire
This is also going to be a real kick in the balls for the armor market. If you're still in Illustrious or GHA, you're going to need to upgrade and fast.
Mind expounding on this statement? I'm pretty new and crafting my way up to make some armor. Currently in just hasla quest gear @ 50.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
* Doubled the cost to repair equipment to make dying a little more significant.
why do game companies still think repairs for dying makes it more significant? noone thinks twice because theyll have to pay some insignificant amount if they die.