Archeage

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm completely with you on #3. I like that sea is a 24/hr PvP zone but the incentive to do more then fuck with fishing raids has plummeted since launch. I don't think PRX has done a large sea raid to jump merchant ships and steal their stuff in a long while.
I think a big part of that is because of #2 also. Everybody who is shipping packs around for $$$ is doing it intracontinental and sticking to safe zones. Gilda star runs to Freedich are rare enough that getting ~20 people and guarding freedich just isn't worth it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Looking forward to the results post
Yeah there's been very few news updates the last few weeks (partially because I've been traveling and moving and partially because the game has somewhat stabilized and posting trade pack runs and fishing raids is meh). The only funny thing going on now is the war between The White Order and GankBus. I'm not going to comment on it except that it's more funny because of how petty it is rather than being major.

VERY IMPORTANT: a Call to the West!!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I swear, the market for certain goods is just so fucked it boggles the mind; stone bricks are 20s yet hereafter are only 25s? Don't get me wrong, it makes for an everyday cheap commodity, but you'd think even the most basic logic / arithmetic would kick in and make people realize "oh wow, this is stupid".
When you think about it, it's not all that surprising. Hereafter stones are one of the easier ways to level up, so the demand for the raw materials, either bricks or raw stone is still high enough to warrant a price compared to the finished product.

The Blackrose_sl

shitlord
Any insight to what the deal is with the drone strikes? Is that just their word for initiating PvP or does it have a deeper meaning?
A number of their players claim they are ex-mil. It's one of their recruitment talking points. Although in this case, it's a bunch of false bravado.

Also, every PvP guild that has an inkling of political sense saw right through TWO when they started playing to the Halcyona crowd. Mostly because whenever you see Sorcerer shouting in all caps to come join them on whatever bullshit glory he's peddling, you know something's up.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You know the story about an eagle and a whale ?
I'm still waiting for an explanation from you on that!

What exactly is going on with your server and the castles? Is it all west or east controlled or is there some goofy inter-faction alliance?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What exactly is going on with your server and the castles? Is it all west or east controlled or is there some goofy inter-faction alliance?
Most of the fatcat guilds made truces and alliances "hey let's take castles but please no PvP during the process" so it's getting quite stale. Yeah, most of them call themselves "hardcore PvP". Not so much hardcore when you have something to lose, heh.

EDIT : This kind of shit :Auroria Agenda - Google Docs

Vitality

HUSTLE
A number of their players claim they are ex-mil. It's one of their recruitment talking points. Although in this case, it's a bunch of false bravado.
Sounds like an entire guild full of Rescorlas. "What's the difference between a 2 hand staff and a 2 hand sword guys??????"

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
ScreenShot0081.jpg

Full report later...

MH got Marcala
TWO got Heedmar
Dark Ascension/Gankbus got Nuimari
PRX got Calmlands

We were able to keep out TWO and Dark Ascension/Gankbus from the mines, but they were able to buy all their pebbles from Inoch, haha.

The Blackrose_sl

shitlord
Fairy Tail backstabbed Cats in Pajamas and a few other guilds. Ended up selling their pebbles to TWO instead of using it to get CiP a castle.

Nice job on Calmlands.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice, Grats. I love being stuck in meetings, even logged out in prep spot but just got home.

Gankbus is scary for their size. They are great players plus they all seem to have full delph(or close to it) already and never pvp without full consumables(about 50g every 30 minutes in consumables).

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
I heard this launch was a clusterfuck, with D/C issues and all of the land completely gone within seconds of a zone being claimed.

7632ad9ec5.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I heard this launch was a clusterfuck, with D/C issues and all of the land completely gone within seconds of a zone being claimed.

7632ad9ec5.jpg
Yep. Any group not affiliated with getting a castle/pebbles was focused on getting land and a lot of groups executed really well.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, not sure why ppl are not surprised land disappeared so fast. The guilds trying for castles would stay close to the pack to protect it until complete, then spread out to plant property. The rest of the population doesn't care about castles and were already spread out just waiting for claim to pop and so they could plop property and considering how cheap 16x16 house is/was and taxes are not a big deal if they are selling property, these property people probably had 10+ house plans on them ready to go.

Should read the forums, if they are to be believed, then there was a army of hackers in auroria and they took every piece of land there was.

I am sure there were people using 3rd party house programs, but people don't seem to get that there was also probably hundreds stealthed with their plan ready to click right away and it only takes about 1-2 seconds(if that) to plant a plan if you don't care about positioning. So just hotkey your plans and click away and you could probably plant 5 easily in less then 10 seconds if no one gets in your way.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cinge, you are partially correct. MH and Deathlaw were trying to place after we did our castle, so I went and tried to place something. There were massive amounts of people. Probably 4-5 people per "plot" of area. That said, people in PRX were reporting that they saw houses go up before the server announce even happened.

Plus, when you see people selling 8-10+ 16x16 plots right next to eachother, there's no possible way it's anything but hacking.