Archeage

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
So I havent gotten to play yet cause exams are this month and buying this would make me fail them all.

But I have to know, how bad is skill spam is it like wow with a hundred abilities on your bars? Like ESO/GW2 where its fairly limited? Like WoW Classic where its a fair number but not insane?
I'm only level 11 but fairly certain the answer to your question is the last one: like WoW classic.

You only get 23 points to purchase skills and some of those points will be spent on passive skills. So 23 minus #of passive skills you buy is how many purchased skills you will have on your action bar. You have some basic skills you start with as well.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So I havent gotten to play yet cause exams are this month and buying this would make me fail them all.

But I have to know, how bad is skill spam is it like wow with a hundred abilities on your bars? Like ESO/GW2 where its fairly limited? Like WoW Classic where its a fair number but not insane?
I currently use 5 heals and 5 damage attacks and a few buffs/debuffs/dispel and potions (roughly)

A bar for weapon swap macros, a bar for pets/mounts/boats/glider, a bar for pots and buffs, a bar for heals, a bar for dmg/debuff/movement abilities.

I fucking love bars.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah you generally end up with 16-18abilities or so, which is a solid amount but not too much and relatively similar to GW2/TESO when you count both weapons. It's cooldown rotation based, you use stuff in order because there's combos between skills(skill A stuns, skill B knockdowns if you use it on a stunned target, skill C does 50%more damage on knocked down targets), so you don't use shit randomly, but once you're done dumping your cooldowns you generally have a filler ability you can spam all the time.

There is also potions, mounts which you might want multiple of since mounts have skills, so some are useful for different situations, like donkey to do trade route quests, horse to do long distance travelling, tiger to do pvp, ugly ass chinese mount to use the crappy stealth, clickable items like "pvp trinkets" which are actually cloaks in this and so on. You'll generally fill 2 bars or so and have a 3rd with shit you don't use often but still want somewhere like mounts/combat pets/buff potions/food/recall etc.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah you generally end up with 16-18abilities or so, which is a solid amount but not too much and relatively similar to GW2/TESO when you count both weapons. It's cooldown rotation based, you use stuff in order because there's combos between skills(skill A stuns, skill B knockdowns if you use it on a stunned target, skill C does 50%more damage on knocked down targets), so you don't use shit randomly, but once you're done dumping your cooldowns you generally have a filler ability you can spam all the time.

There is also potions, mounts which you might want multiple of since mounts have skills, so some are useful for different situations, like donkey to do trade route quests, horse to do long distance travelling, tiger to do pvp, ugly ass chinese mount to use the crappy stealth, clickable items like "pvp trinkets" which are actually cloaks in this and so on. You'll generally fill 2 bars or so and have a 3rd with shit you don't use often but still want somewhere like mounts/combat pets/buff potions/food/recall etc.
I saw most of the (or maybe it was just the highest level ones) PVP weapons, necks, shields, etc... all had clicky effects too.

gox_sl

shitlord
Game seems to change a ton at 30 and feel more like normal pvp server mmo leveling and is a lot more fun post 30. Only issue so far for me is most games at level 20 you are basically put into the world and out of the starter arc. In archeage that level is 30. So 1-19 is alright because its standard newbness and l2p, and you have the farms, tradeskills and runs to play with and leveling is quick. Then at least in the west you have a good 10+ levels of just solo bear assing it just to get into the main leveling action. Then 30+ its better, there is a reason to group and the experience is just better.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just got 31 myself, and getting ready to try the trade run to Austera for the next scarecrow. Should be fun!!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah they could have shortened the time it takes to get in the pvp zones, but I guess they wanted enough zones to have a decent array of safe trade routes to use. On the other hand, leveling is pretty quick, like one of the faster mmo to level in. Think it's like 1h30 per lvl at 35 or so, which is fairly short, generally it slows down considerably especially in korean games.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah they could have shortened the time it takes to get in the pvp zones, but I guess they wanted enough zones to have a decent array of safe trade routes to use. On the other hand, leveling is pretty quick, like one of the faster mmo to level in. Think it's like 1h30 per lvl at 35 or so, which is fairly short, generally it slows down considerably especially in korean games.
No joke. I was level 10 before I was even done with dinner my first night. I have played 3 days (just playing about 4 hours a night for 3 days) and am lvl 26 I think and that is a lot of putting around, writing stuff down, messing with farming, getting lost and even fighting a little bit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
No joke. I was level 10 before I was even done with dinner my first night. I have played 3 days (just playing about 4 hours a night for 3 days) and am lvl 26 I think and that is a lot of putting around, writing stuff down, messing with farming, getting lost and even fighting a little bit.
Yeah I was still doing 3-4levels a day without playing hardcore and while doing farming shit and stuff, it's definitely not too grindy and while I haven't played it, I've seen 40+ and it seems to be the same too. However 51-55 is super grindy I think I read, but don't think they'll be patching that in though. Shit the start is like take a quest walk 3steps, talk to another guy, congrats you're level 2. I assume if you just rush leveling and ignore all the other shit, it'd be around 3days /played to cap or so, but these fucks don't have /played so it's hard to tell for sure.

Crafting also seems like it's pretty good xp, with the problem that you'll run out of labor points if you do just that.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah I was still doing 3-4levels a day without playing hardcore and while doing farming shit and stuff, it's definitely not too grindy and while I haven't played it, I've seen 40+ and it seems to be the same too. However 51-55 is super grindy I think I read, but don't think they'll be patching that in though. Shit the start is like take a quest walk 3steps, talk to another guy, congrats you're level 2. I assume if you just rush leveling and ignore all the other shit, it'd be around 3days /played to cap or so, but these fucks don't have /played so it's hard to tell for sure.

Crafting also seems like it's pretty good xp, with the problem that you'll run out of labor points if you do just that.
It only really takes 20-25 hours to max out. AE pulling is pretty good xp with the right spec to supplement fast clears of Quests. Also using teleports and recalls cuts down on travel time pretty decently. Especially in a duo quest situation where you can take someone elses portal to the next quest area or quest turn in. Cuts down on hereafter stone usage.

Not to mention ae grinding knocks out the hidden mob kill quests in various areas and also stacks you up full of armor/weapon/jewelery crafting dusts/crystals.

Level time gets pooped on by the addictive nature of the housing and crafting system.

Who would've known the 3D version of Farmville would be so fun.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm I thought it took longer but you might be right I haven't really timed anything and it's just how it felt, plus I got sidetracked a lot and wasn't too serious about leveling since it's getting wiped and the lag annoys me a lot. Aoe grinding with an aoe spec is definitely a lot faster but you kinda need to run specific stuff for it to be efficient, at least solo. Basically I think you kinda need sorcery and devotion. Occult+devotion is decent aoe but you run out of stuff to cast quickly and it doesn't finish shit, sorcery you can kill mobs fairly easily but it kinda lacks burst and you definitely want some healing. In theory fast leveling would be all 3, but that doesn't sound very good once you're 50 so you then need to grind some other shit and you run into the same issue, grinding with non optimal stuff. If you duo though it's probably fine since you can combo off each other and cooldowns aren't as much of an issue.

Is there a way to know who jacked your shit? I laid down a fuck ton of pigs in my mini pig farm and all of those fuckers were skinned alive. Would be great if there was a way to determine that and you could put a bounty on the dude.
Sorry just read this its not funny to have it happen to you bro, but at the same time if the shoe was on other foot it is funny that scum would do this?
For the player that said did you check for footprints was that trolling or can you really do that and report them?

Labor points regen right how fast?

skylan_sl

shitlord
I have a lot of travel coming in the next month. Is this the kind of game where you're screwed if you start late? I'm debating dropping the $ but don't want to play a game I have no hope of achieving anything in because I'm constantly getting ganked.