Archeage

Vitality

HUSTLE
For those of you with some experience, how sandboxy is this game? I've heard mixed reviews on that front.
Questing and Linear Leveling progression is a bit themepark (Crafting proficiencies excluded), the rest of the game is open world and large scale.

Housing/Commerce/Crime/PVP is pretty deep, and impactful. Protected zones make for less PVP interaction than I'd like, but that's to cater to the not-hardcores.

Sail your merchant ship with 20 packs of high priced resources and get jumped by player pirates and you'll feel the weight of pvp pretty quickly.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ok so I got a few hours last night and got this build to level 12. Here's where I'm sitting -ArcheAge Simulator - Arche-Base

It feels pretty sturdy, but the only thing I'm missing is mana regen and none of the skills actually offer that. The 2 pt passive in Occult is practically useless. 4 mana per second? With 1100-1200 mana at level 12 that is completely retarded. Maybe the Occult OOC regen (5pt passive) is worth something. In any case, mana regen is not a giant issue.

Gonna need a few more levels to really start getting into this build but so far I like it. Shout of Pain + Defensive passives are going to be interesting to test. Chord is pretty decent and getting some cast time redux will be useful.
The knockback(2nd skill) gives mana back. Also 4mana/sec isn't bad, it's obviously awful ooc but in combat you regen is 4, so it basically doubles it. The other passive that increases it a lot ooc combines fairly well and you should be able to heal up with bard so it makes up for it. But yeah mana regen is a bit weird in this and the "drinks" aren't quite as potent as they were in wow. You can make basic potato soup very easily though, need 1potato+1something else for each soup(have to craft 3 by 3 though) and they grow in like 10mins so you can make a very large amount very quickly and cheap, then you can just drink between fights for mana. Spamming newb potions might work too but think it's more expensive and it's also annoying to get mana pots cause they use bay leaves(so you need bay trees and gather from them but it's like 4hours cooldown so it takes forever to build up).

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I have a small question.

I made a pack last night without paying attention to the destination where I had to go to deliver it which was on the other continent and I don't have a boat yet, just the little ferry thing.

Is there something you can do with the pack? Like put it in the bank for later, or something. I would have liked to postpone my delivery till I build my boat this weekend. I couldn't figure out what to do with it.

Is it possible to drop it on my farm and have be safe?

I ended up hitching a ride with someone, but I was wondering if there were other options.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can drop it on your farm and it should be safe there. At least that's how it works with the house so assume it's the same with the farm.

Menion_sl

shitlord
You can drop the pack on your farm and it will be safe there for 6 days from the time of creation. After that the pack will be destroyed. Players cannot remove packs from farms or other properties unless they go unprotected due to not paying taxes.

I swam way out into the ocean. I found a cute island and there were people building houses and they had a lovely farm. I was so happy. I waved at them and danced. They killed me.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I have a small question.

I made a pack last night without paying attention to the destination where I had to go to deliver it which was on the other continent and I don't have a boat yet, just the little ferry thing.

Is there something you can do with the pack? Like put it in the bank for later, or something. I would have liked to postpone my delivery till I build my boat this weekend. I couldn't figure out what to do with it.

Is it possible to drop it on my farm and have be safe?

I ended up hitching a ride with someone, but I was wondering if there were other options.
Your farm is a good place to store a pack yes, the protected land function of the farm counts for placable items as well as plants. It will be good on your farm for a few days.

A word of caution when sailing your goods: There are pirates with radar boats level 50 now. They will indeed fight you for your bananas. So please bring friends or risk losing your resources.

Also: Turning in your packs for Gilda Stars is infinitely better than turning them in for gold.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, thanks for the answer. It will be useful next time.
smile.png

Yeah, I have been turning all my packs for gilda stars so far.

I want to level dammit but I keep getting distracted.
smile.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The knockback(2nd skill) gives mana back. Also 4mana/sec isn't bad, it's obviously awful ooc but in combat you regen is 4, so it basically doubles it. The other passive that increases it a lot ooc combines fairly well and you should be able to heal up with bard so it makes up for it. But yeah mana regen is a bit weird in this and the "drinks" aren't quite as potent as they were in wow. You can make basic potato soup very easily though, need 1potato+1something else for each soup(have to craft 3 by 3 though) and they grow in like 10mins so you can make a very large amount very quickly and cheap, then you can just drink between fights for mana. Spamming newb potions might work too but think it's more expensive and it's also annoying to get mana pots cause they use bay leaves(so you need bay trees and gather from them but it's like 4hours cooldown so it takes forever to build up).
Mana Stars is just ..ok. I tested it with another character and you get some mana back, but it's on a 60s cooldown. If the CD was around 15-20 seconds, It would be much better.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Mana Stars is just ..ok. I tested it with another character and you get some mana back, but it's on a 60s cooldown. If the CD was around 15-20 seconds, It would be much better.
PM in game for 200 mana pots, GG, also level 20 epic staff proc is godlike.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's not like I'm running around OOM all the time. It takes like 10-15 mobs kills in a row to go OOM. But I'll still take those pots!

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
So I havent gotten to play yet cause exams are this month and buying this would make me fail them all.

But I have to know, how bad is skill spam is it like wow with a hundred abilities on your bars? Like ESO/GW2 where its fairly limited? Like WoW Classic where its a fair number but not insane?