Archeage

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
How do you have so much gold wtf?
I'm wagering that prices of raw materials drops soon. I've been selling everything. I think a lot of people are hoarding resources and doing Gilda routes trying to get a house set up. I'm betting that will be a cheaper endeavor in a few weeks; in the meantime, I'll sell logs and stone to them.

I haven't had any luck planting secret forests, trees are so visible. I have a much better success rate with plants and stealing peoples secret trees.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just ran a dungeon with a Bard healing and dps'ing while I tanked, some powerful fuckers.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Just got done DL'ing for shits and giggles. Do i need to be on a certain race/side to join the guild or?

Fangz ingame, think I picked the one with reduced recall as far as races go.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so 3 people can wipe a whole raid in seconds with one attack. seems like nothing would ever get done.

#YOGO (The Anti-Zerg) - YouTube
Not sure what a scorch bomb is, but looks like 3 of them all cast right into the center of them and they all looked like they were fighting some raid boss. Looking at it closely looks like the bomb is some item you pick up off the ground around that arena(you can hear the guy telling the other guy to pick it up ) and you can see the hotkey for it above all the rest to the left(something that usually pops up when its not a usual move but a event/item etc).

I'd say that's what happens if you all sit in one enclosed space, tightly packed, without scouts on the outside.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm almost lvl 20 with my paladin on the east and it is packed with people. I had to do some porting around just to find a spot to put a small farm. Anyone on the west know if it's just as crowded?
The west is not as crowded. Elf farming areas were almost totally empty a few days ago. The Nuian newbie area is fairly crowded for farms.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
The west is not as crowded. Elf farming areas were almost totally empty a few days ago. The Nuian newbie area is fairly crowded for farms.
I'm in my late teens now. First place I could find an open plot on the east faction was the north side of City of Towers. Every single possible location in Tigerspire Mtns was already taken and all the plots on the other sides of City of Towers were also taken. I might have gotten the last available one on the north side.

The 4 day head start in this game is going to be even more of a benefit than head starts in other MMOs.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The thing is the farms in Tigerspine mountains are not good, not by any stretch. They're nice to have early on when you don't know what you need for each quest, but once you do know the quest requirements, it's just as fast to get all your shit done at once then turn in all the quests in one go. There's a lot better spots, such as places with natural trees, places near the water(can build a boat easily, can run an aquafarm), places near teleporters to the other continent and so on. There is pretty much no benefit to the farms that are next to the NPC other than saving you a couple of hereafter stones early on for your turn ins.

My plan is to drop down a farm asap wherever I find a spot, doesn't really matter but preferably in temperate climate, then do tumeric+cotton+bananas right away and grind mines for the stones and do the 4 tradepack quests, plus a few more(probably cotton runs but not sure I still need to check the costs/time) so I get 15 gilda stars, buy a house and go drop that+big farm in a good spot asap(which is not tigerspine), then move my small farm to reserve some more space. I haven't scouted the spot yet nor checked everything but yeah tigerspine farms are actually not very good.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The thing is the farms in Tigerspine mountains are not good, not by any stretch. They're nice to have early on when you don't know what you need for each quest, but once you do know the quest requirements, it's just as fast to get all your shit done at once then turn in all the quests in one go. There's a lot better spots, such as places with natural trees, places near the water(can build a boat easily, can run an aquafarm), places near teleporters to the other continent and so on. There is pretty much no benefit to the farms that are next to the NPC other than saving you a couple of hereafter stones early on for your turn ins.

My plan is to drop down a farm asap wherever I find a spot, doesn't really matter but preferably in temperate climate, then do tumeric+cotton+bananas right away and grind mines for the stones and do the 4 tradepack quests, plus a few more(probably cotton runs but not sure I still need to check the costs/time) so I get 15 gilda stars, buy a house and go drop that+big farm in a good spot asap(which is not tigerspine), then move my small farm to reserve some more space. I haven't scouted the spot yet nor checked everything but yeah tigerspine farms are actually not very good.
I'm of the same mind. The inital farm spots are centrally located and not bad I suppose but I'm hoping to set up closer to an aqua farm spot/boat access spot and I haven't found those yet.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The coastal places will be prime spots, even more so for the non contested zones for the more casual, so they don't have to worry about getting ganked when farming or trying to build their house/farm, or bringing packs from the machine/property to the boats.

But yeah pretty much plant small farm asap and start growing the things you need for the 3 quest and farm your stone, then do all that asap. Going to be hilarious at launch when its pure rowboats all trying to do their banana runs before the bigger boats are in play. Also start getting that lumber asap

Flight

Molten Core Raider
What I don't understand is how the starter farm areas on the Western continent are absolutely vast compared to those on the East.

Presuming everyone knows that farm limits is per character not account, so you can grab four in the starter area in a short space of time. Just a matter of getting the couple gold per character when the server comes up.

For infoz Western continent starter farm areas :

rrr_img_66096.jpg
rrr_img_66097.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Where are the coastal farms?
I know there's one in solz headlands or whatever and one in vilanette, not sure of the spelling of these zones but like the one to the far west of the eastern continent and the asian zone. On the map they'll say if they're coastal housing areas. There's probably more but I noticed these 2 while I was leveling.

For the farm area size, isn't that the newbie zone and not actually the farms next to blue sands? The farms in the newbie zones are extremely big too on eastern side, like where I got my farm setup in Arcus Iris, there's probably 100-150farms in that patch and 10secs further there's another patch that's just as big and another on the opposite side of the road, and those are the close one to the zone to Tigerspine, there's a bunch more further away. The one directly in tigerspine next to the blue sands npcs though are definitely smaller.