Archeage

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone who played on RU know a decent Apostle build that has more than 8 combos?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
More than 8? Yeesh...

I put a couple together with 7 and thought I was doing okay... Is that many really necessary? I don't even think my fingers could keep up with that many.

Also, will Apostle even be viable in NA release?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I guess I could always do that and jon the sucker club. After all I did save all that money from not donating to Pantheon
biggrin.png
The game is good, the $150 isn't a big thing to me for games. I'd like to support the idea of more sandbox games and less instances or divided PVP games. I'm done with the GW2/ESO model of making a separate space for PVP.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I was talking to a north american KR player who said he was pretty unhappy with the 1.0 patch. They added some obnoxious cosmetics, something about the level cap being raised but only one new dungeon to grind up to it, and worst of all the trade pack piracy formula got changed. When you lose a trade pack to piracy, when it is turned in you STILL get 40% of the profit.

Dunno about Trion, but NA companies tend to err on the side of casual/carebear. Pretty disappointing if this turns out to be the case for NA ArcheAge 1.0
I don't have the link handy, but go search the ArcheAge reddit and some of Hartsman's replies. He goes over what they are doing with 1.0. KR has already released a "fix" that reverted a lot of the retarded shit they put into the game. Trion gets to take the best of both patches.

Flake

More than 8? Yeesh...

I put a couple together with 7 and thought I was doing okay... Is that many really necessary? I don't even think my fingers could keep up with that many.

Also, will Apostle even be viable in NA release?
Hahah no idea. I know a hermit build that has like 30 combos. Guess that's what the alpha is all about =P

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
I don't have the link handy, but go search the ArcheAge reddit and some of Hartsman's replies. He goes over what they are doing with 1.0. KR has already released a "fix" that reverted a lot of the retarded shit they put into the game. Trion gets to take the best of both patches.
Cool thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Did you do that intentionally, or is it just a reality of your tree combinations? Am I gimping myself only having 7-9 combos?

Vitality

HUSTLE
It's more of a reality, I realized that combos are basically really good to have for most of your standard dps and healing situations.

For instance, priming your healing target with your HoT (Resurgence) from the vitalism tree then slamming a Mend (Group Heal) adds a really nice chunk of extra healing from the combo.

Additionally, the Battlerage triple slash can be boosted 50% on two swings + an additional knockdown if you prime your damage target with the Vitalism dispel/slow hybrid debuff.

You can chain together some gnarly Triple slash combos for maximum knockdown duration and damage, because the ability gains 50% more damage on two swings while the target is snared. (Basically it goes, Rush > Triple > Dispel > Triple > Whirlwind > Taunt and most every person who gets caught in that is dead in pvp.

Combos are a pretty big deal, I'd almost say they're big enough to build around. I most certainly am atleast.

Vitality

HUSTLE
@Cinge: I don't feel like commenting on it too much because this isn't the place, without pointing fingers, let's just say we're doing our best to distance ourselves from any sort of fun reducing drama.

I'm sure you can understand.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Is it safe to assume the 11250 credits you get with the $149 founders pack is equal to 11250 gold in game?

Reason I ask is at level 18 I have a whopping 3 gold to my name. Only purchases I have made are for the crafting mats to do crafting quests. No idea how much gold the level 50s have but from a newb perspective having 11250 gold from the start sounds like I will not have to worry about money for the first few months of the game.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Combos are really one of the major factors that lend to viable builds, without the synergistic interactions of abilities you would just end up with some blah flavor-of-the-month tank mage. That having been said I really feel they drop the ball somewhat in terms of cross-tree synergies. I was hoping for some of the elegance seen in the Secret World skill wheel and that is largely absent in this game except in a few isolated places.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Is it safe to assume the 11250 credits you get with the $149 founders pack is equal to 11250 gold in game?

Reason I ask is at level 18 I have a whopping 3 gold to my name. Only purchases I have made are for the crafting mats to do crafting quests. No idea how much gold the level 50s have but from a newb perspective having 11250 gold from the start sounds like I will not have to worry about money for the first few months of the game.
This really depends on how much the cash shop purchasable subscription tradable items are going to be valued in gold. I'd imagine it would be a large amount if bots have their way with the market on release.

With active participation in the market I make about 85-110g per night depending on the prices of certain conversion materials.

I expect this value to depreciate as the population grows.

It's not uncommon to make 10-15g just from leveling up and questing, or selling your days crop of lumber etc.

Mine is an extreme case because I'm funding and brokering for a family of 4 currently.

#daddybuysthebacon

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Combo's are important, but the simulator shows everything that "can" combo, it's very different than what you'll end up using in game.

For example in that build, there are 6 combos that start from a fireball and 7 that start from iceball. You can't pull them all off in a fight.

It may sound cliche, but it's more about quality than quantity.

So far on a few builds, I seem to use about 3-5 combos at best...which tend to be DPS, Control, Survivability which may vary a bit based on cooldown available.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
No credits are the currency for the cash shop, not in game gold.
Oh well seemed to good to be true. I hope the cash shop has items worth the $75. I bet the Daru chests will function just like the loot chests in Neverwinter. The key to open them cost around $1-2. In Neverwinter you can get rare crafting mats in the loot chests so if AAge follows suit, you can just convert the credits to chest keys and sell the keys or whatever is inside the chest for gold. I imagine the rare mounts will be selling for a lot right off the bat.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Combo's are important, but the simulator shows everything that "can" combo, it's very different than what you'll end up using in game.

For example in that build, there are 6 combos that start from a fireball and 7 that start from iceball. You can't pull them all off in a fight.

It may sound cliche, but it's more about quality than quantity.

So far on a few builds, I seem to use about 3-5 combos at best...which tend to be DPS, Control, Survivability which may vary a bit based on cooldown available.
I can back this statement, there are plenty of situational combos, but some of the best ones (triple slash + 50% dmg on movement imparied targets) (Resurgence>Mend>Antithesis +healing combo) are definitely going to be prioritized higher than say: Earthquake>Whirlwind ae knockdown which takes both setup and situational placement.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Oh well seemed to good to be true. I hope the cash shop has items worth the $75. I bet the Daru chests will function just like the loot chests in Neverwinter. The key to open them cost around $1-2. In Neverwinter you can get rare crafting mats in the loot chests so if AAge follows suit, you can just convert the credits to chest keys and sell the keys or whatever is inside the chest for gold. I imagine the rare mounts will be selling for a lot right off the bat.
Don't count out the fact that cash shop purchasable subscription "tokens" are trade-able in game. Or atleast it's rumored they are. This puts a gold valuation on cash shop currency.

Speculative valuation sure, but don't count it out.

Apostolos

The OCD is strong in this one. I saw the pic below in the screenshots section and I instantly began mousing over it looking for the gear icon in a vain attempt to harvest it.

rrr_img_66131.jpg