Archeage

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was watching a stream, with a guy and his 3-4 buddies were sailing around the oceans playing pirate. They would search and find other players that were either traveling or doing shipments(supposedly like a quest, ship x goods and receive y). They would kill the player then steal his boat and make the shipment themselves, getting the reward. Didn't get to see any ship vs ship fighting.

So far from what I have seen the pve is par for the course. It's the rest of the game that looks interesting(at least to me). Will be good to read about wars/guild fights on the north continent when its unlocked.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
the review doesn't really talk about the point of pvping outside of pirating. what do you gain from killing another player in open world other than a lame penalty?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From what I read the main pvp is when they open up castle sieges(that review says they are not open yet). When your guild builds a castle/city and other guilds can destroy it(and I assume build in its place, probably finite building spots). No clue if there is a benefit to have the castle itself.

I don't know if players can destroy personal houses or steal crops/cattle etc.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
the review doesn't really talk about the point of pvping outside of pirating. what do you gain from killing another player in open world other than a lame penalty?
The penalty comes from killing a player of your own faction. PVP against other factions is full loot FFA AFAIK.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really full loot?

The pirate outlaw faction would be a interesting thing to tinker with and see how fun it i.s

Elrar_sl

shitlord
Howdy Rerolled community
smile.png

I'm James "Elrar" Nichols, Community Manager at Trion for RIFT & ArcheAge. While I'll likely be a lurker most of the time I did want to say hello to let you know we're here!

Looking forward to hearing your questions, answering the ones I can, and introducing you all to ArcheAge as we prepare for its release here in North America, Europe, & AU/NZ
smile.png

smile.png

smile.png

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Howdy Rerolled community
smile.png

I'm James "Elrar" Nichols, Community Manager at Trion for RIFT & ArcheAge. While I'll likely be a lurker most of the time I did want to say hello to let you know we're here!

Looking forward to hearing your questions, answering the ones I can, and introducing you all to ArcheAge as we prepare for its release here in North America, Europe, & AU/NZ
smile.png
Welcome Elrar..

Do we have a time frame when this will go live in NA?

smile.png

smile.png

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd be more interested in what "Westernization" they will do. From what I have seen/read, the leveling process is easy as hell and pretty quick, so I don't see any changes needed to exp gain. I have no clue how loot works or gearing out characters, so not sure how this(a lot of eastern games have horrible drop rates so they get increased for the west).

At this point I can't really see anything besides translations.

Also do you have any say at all as a publisher? Or is it merely "well our players want this or that" and you just send that to XL and they decide yes/no.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Howdy Rerolled community
smile.png

smile.png
As you can see from our posts here, most of us have a good grasp of the English language and can make decent beta testers, keep us in mind when you hand out keys!

My only question is how is looting and death in PvP handled?

smile.png

smile.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Fuck, I didn't know you were doing AA James. Nice. I'm shooting you an email now, I just emailed Lance to ask who was heading up the project.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Howdy Rerolled community
smile.png

smile.png
Rift raiding sucks a fucken cunt.

smile.png

smile.png