Archeage

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
The rumor is they have been working on a translation for NA, and Jake Song wants to have it released this year. I would guess conservatively Q1 2014.
So is that where they spent all the money they got from their last injection of funds? Cause Im pretty sure it was just spent to keep the company able to release in Korea.

I understand that. Was just wondering if this is a complete FFA PVP game or not because if PVP is optional, this may be a hit.
It's not really like that. It's a sandbox game so it's FFA PVP but if you kill someone of the same alignment you end up going to prison and there are major penalties like some kind of stat lowering (something to with blood, I can't remember). So basically it's more faction based PVP and the factions I think may be separated by continents and huge oceans. I think its also like GW2 in that there is specific content for PVP too, like big open world zerg areas, battleground type things too, and ship vs ship battles. So I suspect most people will not want to PVP random people like you. They will be more busy levelling up and then they go and do PVP in specific sieges and whatnot.

jello_sl

shitlord
What is that rumor based on? Interview or something?
Apologies for being dramatic, it's not so much rumor but interview snippets. The 2013 NA release date is based on an mmorpg.com interview in July (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...2/feature/6493), and Jake Song mentioned on his Twitter account that an English version was in the works in December (translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=de&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=tra nslate.google.com&sl=de&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://archeage-online.de/homepage/news-archiv/199-englische-version-von-archeage-in-arbeit&usg=ALkJrhjRoZ5S4SaC-6YQp4PtuyW7yuEQlA). To what extent they are actually working on it who knows but he said it.

Can't speak much about the financial situation, I can imagine there being stiff competition in Korea but it would seem odd that Jake Song would have difficulty getting the attention of investors.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Apologies for being dramatic, it's not so much rumor but interview snippets. The 2013 NA release date is based on an mmorpg.com interview in July (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...2/feature/6493), and Jake Song mentioned on his Twitter account that an English version was in the works in December (translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=de&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=tra nslate.google.com&sl=de&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://archeage-online.de/homepage/news-archiv/199-englische-version-von-archeage-in-arbeit&usg=ALkJrhjRoZ5S4SaC-6YQp4PtuyW7yuEQlA). To what extent they are actually working on it who knows but he said it.

Can't speak much about the financial situation, I can imagine there being stiff competition in Korea but it would seem odd that Jake Song would have difficulty getting the attention of investors.
Would have to ask Danyeo directly about it, but I remember him telling me of their financial issues and that they were blowing money left and right. I'll see if he can clarify. But overall I get the impression that the game is in a crunch to release something asap due to financial issues. They've had to seek out money injections abit more than they should have. Over budget I believe is the nicest way to put it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
More like good ole Kurt got a job in SK and is now successfully running another MMO company. He knows what it takes.

Campa

Trakanon Raider
I really wish a company with the funds & patience to do something like this right would actually be willing to take a chance on such a radically different design. I'll hold out hope they can fund it adequately and get a good US port but history is definitely against them
frown.png

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really wish a company with the funds & patience to do something like this right would actually be willing to take a chance on such a radically different design. I'll hold out hope they can fund it adequately and get a good US port but history is definitely against them
frown.png
Why just kickstarter that shit AND DO IT RIGHT!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Never understood the Trion hate, anyway. Riftwasntsome buggy piece of shit. Retail-Classic was unimaginative, but still... the game worked far better than most of the trash that has its own thread on this forum. To me, XL Games pairing up with Trion means we might, just might, get a polished engine with some imagination with it.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Well looks like Dreagan better get working on ArchAge junkies asap lol.

With Trion adding this would like to see them add Muti game sub ala SoE all access , dont mean it has to be same price, so can play rift, archage,defiance,endof nations and whatever else they have.

Also I feel safe now that Trion even more so then enmasse with Westernize the shit out of this and mean that in good way.
If the patches and Content get to slow, if their Lawyers can work it out , they probally want permisson to long term make more then just minor tweaks to it, even down to line do raid content stuff if game dies off over in the Korrea etc.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
This is great news for people who love open world stuff.

Looking forward to it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Here's the press release I got:

Leading online games company Trion Worlds and renowned South Korea-based game developer XLGAMES have entered into a strategic agreement for Trion to exclusively publish and operate ArcheAge in the West.

ArcheAge is created by Jake Song, best known for his hit game Lineage. The highly anticipated ArcheAge is poised to be the most polished massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) coming out of Asia. Trion will host the game on its Red Door platform in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia and New Zealand.