Archeage

Kroad

Trakanon Raider
Out of the shadows for this game. Level 18 so far and for some reason the ez-mode quests are quite comforting and the easy leveling makes the opportunity cost of crafting/ farming/ etc. not too bad from a time perspective. I've tried to do some exploring and am a little disappointed that there aren't more hidden interesting sites (at least so far). Enjoyed that aspect of GW2. Couple quick questions for those with experience:

1) Anyone using a Naga Hex? I can't for some reason get the game to recognize the extra Naga buttons. Tried linking it up to the .exe for both the launcher and main game with no luck. Obviously not critical given the limited number of abilities but it would be nice to have.

2) Have I missed the ability to disable the profanity filter? Its really breaking my immersion.

3) All the city farms are staked out with scarecrows, are there places in the wild where you can lay these down or if you cant find a plot do you just have to keep looking or chance it?

Syzygy on the Eastern side if anyone wants to group up or chat.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So the good gamer in me want to spec Occult + Auramancy + Defence and play as a beefy AOE initiator, and I probably will...

But what's healing like in AA? I'm looking at Vitalism + Auramancy + Shadowplay and imagining the possibilities of a blinking/leaping extremely mobile healer with stealth and single target burst potential. This is something I've always wanted from a healer, but is it stupid?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Healing at low level is painfully shit. Once you get the 5x hearts heal(lvl 40 iirc) it seems to be a fuckton better but until then you have a really bad regen and a cast heal with a cooldown. Can make it instant with auramancy shield, which is great, but the shield is 30secs cd so it's not that often and overall it feels like you can't heal for fucking shit, until you get to that level for the better heal.

Other than that in general terms, it's a typical heal bar thing. Plays like any old school healer, like old school holy priest in wow pretty much.

Your issue with that build would probably be leveling, shadowplay is kinda meh on its own for killing shit(the melee stuff is pretty poor damage without battle to setup and the archer stuff is pretty crap without archery buffs) and vitalism itself is fairly awful damage, and so is auramancy. If you group though that'd be fine.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
2) Have I missed the ability to disable the profanity filter? Its really breaking my immersion.
Definitely a way to turn off the language filter. I was trying to figure out how to use my treasure map and "sextant" was a naughty word in chat till I found the option to turn the filter off.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Be less greedy please Trion, I'm not paying 150 ? to play an alpha.

How does the actual pvp work, is it free-for-all like UOs Felucca, or is it restricted to certain zones?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Zone restricted as in, some zones are tagged as "safe" and you can't pvp in them(well you can attack enemy faction if they're running around, but they can't attack anyone that didn't attack them first). Once you're out of these zones though, it's faction based with the option to murder people of your own factions, kill enough people/steal enough shit and you end up getting kicked out of your faction and become a pirate, which is basically a FFA faction.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So the good gamer in me want to spec Occult + Auramancy + Defence and play as a beefy AOE initiator, and I probably will...

But what's healing like in AA? I'm looking at Vitalism + Auramancy + Shadowplay and imagining the possibilities of a blinking/leaping extremely mobile healer with stealth and single target burst potential. This is something I've always wanted from a healer, but is it stupid?
Despite my initial complaints I'm actually enjoying healing quite a bit now. Once you get enough points in to Aura to grab the 2x Inspire buff keeping Inspire up isn't that big of a deal. At 3 stacks the cool down on Antithesis is manageable and makes you feel more capable (even if you don't necessarily have to use it all the time, at least you have a heal to cast). The AE heal isn't bad but I haven't really used it too much in the 1st two dungeons.

I'm Occult for a DPS option, the first pew pew ability works well enough with the occasional offensive Antithesis. I'm a lazy DPSer though and don't put much effort in to it. The AE combo is pretty nice with Circle of Spears + Crows + Hell Spears, I can do 3-4 mobs at the same time pretty easily if they're all up.

Right now my biggest dilemma is where to go with skill points. Questing in contested zones makes me want to invest more in the Stun Break, Reflect, Blink, Immunity style stuff rather than the heal / buff utility stuff.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Be less greedy please Trion, I'm not paying 150 ? to play an alpha.

How does the actual pvp work, is it free-for-all like UOs Felucca, or is it restricted to certain zones?
In fairness, the Alpha server is packed. I think its less greed and more making sure the infrastructure is ok.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
In fairness, the Alpha server is packed. I think its less greed and more making sure the infrastructure is ok.
The Eastern continent is packed, the western one is not too bad...lots of Nuian and their starting is fairly packed, but the elf area is deserted. Almost all the farming areas are totally empty.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Out of the shadows for this game. Level 18 so far and for some reason the ez-mode quests are quite comforting and the easy leveling makes the opportunity cost of crafting/ farming/ etc. not too bad from a time perspective. I've tried to do some exploring and am a little disappointed that there aren't more hidden interesting sites (at least so far). Enjoyed that aspect of GW2. Couple quick questions for those with experience:

1) Anyone using a Naga Hex? I can't for some reason get the game to recognize the extra Naga buttons. Tried linking it up to the .exe for both the launcher and main game with no luck. Obviously not critical given the limited number of abilities but it would be nice to have.

3) All the city farms are staked out with scarecrows, are there places in the wild where you can lay these down or if you cant find a plot do you just have to keep looking or chance it?

Syzygy on the Eastern side if anyone wants to group up or chat.
1. Don't use it.

2. No idea.

3. There are mapped locations (that actually show up on your map) and MANY more unmapped locations that do not show up on your map. On top of that you can put down seeds, saplings or whatever in any place that fits your fancy but if it's not in a public or private farm then anyone who happens upon it can take it. This means that the "secret" areas in this game are generally other players hidden farms in crazy/remote locations. If you hang out in the chat channels you'll probably see people occasionally bragging about finding and looting someones hidden farm. That is your reward for exploring.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some people suck at hiding their farms though. Yesterday I ran into a banana plantations, next to a quest area. He tried "hiding" his banana trees inside bushes and shit. I was completely baffled that 1) he actually thought this was a good idea 2) the trees were still up even after they had grown to full size and bananas were harvested once already, even though there were dozens of people in the zone. I looted all that shit because why not, was like 30logs from cutting it down.

There should be plenty of room for farms still, I know the cat people area had farm areas with what looked like empty spots when I was trying to find the animal farm yesterday. They also had temporary farm spots, where you can have a farm for up to 7days only, which seemed good enough to get the starting shit done.

Some people suck at hiding their farms though. Yesterday I ran into a banana plantations, next to a quest area. He tried "hiding" his banana trees inside bushes and shit. I was completely baffled that 1) he actually thought this was a good idea 2) the trees were still up even after they had grown to full size and bananas were harvested once already, even though there were dozens of people in the zone. I looted all that shit because why not, was like 30logs from cutting it down.

There should be plenty of room for farms still, I know the cat people area had farm areas with what looked like empty spots when I was trying to find the animal farm yesterday. They also had temporary farm spots, where you can have a farm for up to 7days only, which seemed good enough to get the starting shit done.
Can any farm not be protected meaning you can rob it, take all the resources like you just described?
I have yet to build my farm and house, would like to know that unless you put it somewhere farr away basically its going to get looted and plundered UO style?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Why would you want to steal bananas?
Cause they're used for the 4th trade quest which gives the larger farm and are fairly valuable I assume, I haven't checked the price but they take like 12(16?) hours to grow.

Can any farm not be protected meaning you can rob it, take all the resources like you just described?
I have yet to build my farm and house, would like to know that unless you put it somewhere farr away basically its going to get looted and plundered UO style?
Your farm is always protected, people planting shit in random places is not protected at all and anyone can steal it. You can report them which increases their infamy, but you lose your shit. The thing is your farm is a very small area, at least the newbie one, that's why people are often tempted to grow more shit in unprotected areas. It's a risk/reward thing, you can grow safely but slowly or take the risk of planting a lot of shit but it's unsafe and you might lose everything and have nothing to show for it(unless you like camp it, but shit takes so many hours).