Archeage

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, where's a good place to build a boat for east island? It's only the clipper so not a huge deal with only 3 trade packs.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you do buy founder, don't use credits on the Lagomorph mount. Cross a Lion statue from China and Barney the dinosaur. It literally jumps like Barney too. Now I understand why no one uses it. I was jumping around on one and some guy watching me said "im done" and vanished lol.

The rare elk kind of looks like Furion from Dota2.
The stealth it has at mount lv 25 is worth it

Cybsled

The stealth it has at mount lv 25 is worth it
Makes sense it gets stealth, since it's such an eyesore
wink.png

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I've had a blast trying out the different starting areas for the various races. I think I have settled on elf now - still Tomb Warden. Since this beta period ends Monday and I have most of my weekend booked already I think I might look into the founders pack if I don't manage to learn about housing, boating, farming, etc tomorrow.

skylan_sl

shitlord
So I'm a bit confused about all the founders rewards and beta and what not. I'm enjoying the game but that's probably the new car smell. I don't want to drop $150 on a game I'm not sure if I'll enjoy later.

For the $50 founders pack with beta access. It says it comes with 1 month patron status. Do you get patron status in beta, and does that count as a hit against your 1 month? or is the 1 month for release only?

Also, I notice just being in beta without patron status I can't do some of the quests due to not being able to plant things such as turmeric on public farms. Is there anywhere else you can plant these things without turmeric??

Cybsled

So I'm a bit confused about all the founders rewards and beta and what not. I'm enjoying the game but that's probably the new car smell. I don't want to drop $150 on a game I'm not sure if I'll enjoy later.

For the $50 founders pack with beta access. It says it comes with 1 month patron status. Do you get patron status in beta, and does that count as a hit against your 1 month? or is the 1 month for release only?

Also, I notice just being in beta without patron status I can't do some of the quests due to not being able to plant things such as turmeric on public farms. Is there anywhere else you can plant these things without turmeric??
If you get founders, then you get patreon status in beta. AFAIK everything will reset for retail, so you'll still have the month + 2500 credits.

You can plant stuff out in the world, but run the risk of people jacking your grow. The Bluesalt Brotherhood has a quest that gives you a free 8x8 farm and later a 16x16 one.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Also, where's a good place to build a boat for east island? It's only the clipper so not a huge deal with only 3 trade packs.
You can set up your drydock to build a ship pretty much anywhere in the water, as long as it's not super shallow. There's a good place on the coast of Villanelle, Torchfyre bay. Where the land juts out. There's a housing area there with the workbenches you need. they are like 50 meters from the water, and you can place your dock like 10 meters or so from the shore. And it's a safe-zone.

@skylan: The quests that require you to plant stuff (or buy it off the AH) are for the large farm quest chain. If you don't have Patron status, those quest don't matter, since you won't be able to place the farm, and it's untradable, so you can't sell it.

skylan_sl

shitlord
If you get founders, then you get patreon status in beta. AFAIK everything will reset for retail, so you'll still have the month + 2500 credits.

You can plant stuff out in the world, but run the risk of people jacking your grow. The Bluesalt Brotherhood has a quest that gives you a free 8x8 farm and later a 16x16 one.
Thanks for the clarification Cybsled

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
People are awful at hiding their secret farms. There's an alcove spot in Arcum Iris right off the main road where I've seen 5 farms by different people in the last 12 hours. Last night there were 4 of us there to steal this guy's trees as soon as they matured. The guy never showed up.

My brother in law, however, found a pretty kick ass spot. Planted 20 trees there last night and figured no way they would last. But sure enough I got em this morning. It was such a good spot that even jumping straight out with the glider I had a bitch of a time hovering over to see where they were. In fact, I almost didn't find them this morning. Apparently marking your map doesn't persist. So the mark I put there when I planted them was gone when I logged back in today.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
There are some really awesome nook and crannies for secret farms. Places that you'd never think to look for by looking at the map. The world is very large and well designed.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Also you can plant stuff on the slopes of hills that you cannot run up on foot, but if you sprint and jump they become interactable, and when you slide back down the hill your gathering cast bar doesn't break.

#protip

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are some really awesome nook and crannies for secret farms. Places that you'd never think to look for by looking at the map. The world is very large and well designed.
im not sure id call it well designed. a lot of the nooks and crannies are off the sides of the map where land often just drops to sea level in very awkward ways.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How does mentoring in this game work? Like I know one of the quests for PC requires someone 30+ to accompany you. Does it just kill all the exp or something?

Opimo_sl

shitlord
How does mentoring in this game work? Like I know one of the quests for PC requires someone 30+ to accompany you. Does it just kill all the exp or something?
Nope. No XP loss for leveling with someone higher level than you. Player power doesn't scale very high as you gain levels. Its not like WoW where you have no chance against a level 50 player if you're level 30. They have an advantage, but I've killed shit level 50's before as a lower level player. Gear is a larger factor than levels.