Archeage

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
FYI ZOS implemented some anti-botting/gold seller measures in TESO several weeks ago and it's been extremely successful. I have not gotten any gold seller email spam in well over a month. The swarms of botters camping bosses has also disappeared. Two things I know that have been done are 1) put a cool down on ability to loot bosses (think its 1 hour) and 2) you are only allowed to delete 3 characters per day. The first measure got rid of the swarms of botters perma camping bosses. The second measure got rid of the botters who would create a character, run them thru the starter area and loot/sell everything, then delete the character and do it all over again 24/7. In combination with that, the vendor sale value of all looted crafting mats was reduced to zero. End result is botters can't make easy gold anymore so they have disappeared.
It also might have to do with nobody playing that shitty game anymore.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
It also might have to do with nobody playing that shitty game anymore.
I knew someone would say this.
When was the last time you logged in? No way anyone who posts here has accurate information on TESO subs but anecdotal observation indicates that there are a lot more people playing TESO now compared to a couple of months ago (availability on Steam and returning players who jumped on the Wildstar bandwagon are most likely cause of population increase).

Using Tuco's metric, there are almost two fully locked Cyrodil campaigns during primetime and most of the others have multiple population bars. The crafting stations and banks (which AFAIK are not instanced) are significantly more populated as well.

This isn't the TESO thread though. I just pointed ou how a MMO can successfully combat botters and gold sellers. If you choose to believe that the lack of players in TESO is the real reason for the complete disappearance of the botters/gold sellers, then feel free to believe whatever you want to believe.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's not my metric. After the first content patch the Cyrodiil populations were dead everynight. Then a few days later mysteriously a bunch of them went full. It's possible this is because the community finished the new content and went back to Cyrodiil but my guess is they adjusted the population ranking to be on a curve in an effort to always show good population numbers during primetime. My metric would be going to a populated campaign at primetime and if there aren't huge 40 vs 40 fights going on then the population doesn't support Cyrodiil anymore.

However, I agree with your point. If a company makes an effort and puts fighting bots/gold spam in their budget they will be able to stifle gold farmers. For a gold farmer the profit is equal to the revenue of farming - the cost of it. This means that a company banning more bots and banning merchant/marketing accounts (and banning the accoutns they're connected to) increases the cost dramatically. However the month a new games come out the potential revenue of selling gold from farming, bots and hacked accounts is huge. Plus the team is scrambling to make the game playable rather than fight bots. So the first month will always be shitty especially for a gold-based game like AA (compared to ESO where gold doesn't give you much).

Sumi_sl

shitlord
For the beta I'm on whatever server has the "O" name. I think I'm going to just freelance. Fishing and composing could be enough to hold my interest for some time.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
This isn't the TESO thread though.
That's all you had to say.

I had asked this before CB2 and no one answered. I'm on Naima though.
Pretty sure most are on alpha server and are just waiting for the release at this point. I think a few may have tried the new beta servers just to experiment with land rush tactics.

I have 2 extra keys for tomorrow's closed beta, if anyone wants one PM me.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Random fuckfaces :

ZXTf0Vc.jpg

W1jKEu5.jpg

UM96XX2.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So apparently servers kept ticking during this latest down time. All patrons should have 5k labor saved up. But it also means all your land probably requires tax certs.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So apparently servers kept ticking during this latest down time. All patrons should have 5k labor saved up. But it also means all your land probably requires tax certs.
Patrons still accumulate labor while offline, so it probably calculates when you log in. Tax time should be unnaffected, just like last CB.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My taxes shouldn't have been due for at least 4 or 5 days if it had been paused. And between CB1 and CB2, no labor was accumulated as far as I know.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My taxes shouldn't have been due for at least 4 or 5 days if it had been paused. And between CB1 and CB2, no labor was accumulated as far as I know.
Not sure about tax, but labor did accumulate(for patron at least).

Sumi_sl

shitlord
So I did a little research on fishing- do you really need the large farm to get the grubs in order to fish? There is a lot to do in this game, but their seems to be a lot of steps to doing even the most basic things.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Got to level 10 last night during a brief moment where I didn't have shit occupying my time. While quest hub-ish at least at the initial part they keep you moving. I think it's cute that they've injected "story" into the process but I've escaped out of every single cutscene because I really DGAF.