Archeage

Saban_sl

shitlord
How has Archeage been keeping people busy in Russia/Korea? for 2 years?

edit: apples and oranges comparison i know, koreans are fucked.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The markets are completely different. Kind of hard to compare, especially Korea.

Archeage has issues that will never be fixed. Despite those, there is at least a couple of months of fun and perhaps more if you enjoy PvP / trading / farming / other classes / etc.. Most of the outrage from alpha / beta is pretty much bullshit except for the queues which are a necessary evil if you want an active server in a month.

Biggest issue from alpha / beta was Archeum dropping and at least so far at launch, seems much better.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Only level 27 here
frown.png
. I'm so far behind!

Cybsled

Last night was interesting. Some dudes with a massive unprotected tree farm (like over 80 trees) asked us for help in defending it from some guild that wanted to chop them down as soon as it matured. Said guild showed up and a couple flagged on us, which resulted in them dying. We were mostly protecting the dudes as they chopped trees, but eventually a bunch of people started to show up and it was a race to chop all the trees. Eventually the guild that wanted to steal them went into QQ mode and one of the guys began to uproot everything. Was pretty fun overall, though
wink.png

Yesterday if I logged to character select, I'd get a black screen so I'd have to log out. But then trying to log in I'll get infinite loading screen. Pretty rediculous. Uninstalling/reinstalling fixed it. I'll have to try that windowed mode now. And not switch characters ever. I'm glad I picked up a 2nd small farm though.

Saban_sl

shitlord
This login server shit failing first thing in the morning is super fucking annoying since its the best time to be playing.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I managed to get to lvl 25 this weekend through all the login issues I was having and a few family events. Not too bad. I'm kind of sad the grinding method tapers off after level 15 though. Xp/mob gets as low as .3%/ea so I'd need to effectively pull 4 at a time to keep up with sub lvl 15 level rates.

On the other hand, really loving the 2h mace setup for my Paladin, I can toss out some meaty heals while still doing great damage. (roughly 15% less dps than a nodachi, but I double my healing output as a trade-off)

I anticipate going 1h mace & shield later on when I transition into AE grinding and pvp.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's a big "if". I only played alpha for around 3 weeks and with the exception of building a castle and guild vs guild sieges, I didn't see anything at end game that would keep it interesting long term. How exactly do you foresee the server community being able to create content?
Last night was interesting. Some dudes with a massive unprotected tree farm (like over 80 trees) asked us for help in defending it from some guild that wanted to chop them down as soon as it matured. Said guild showed up and a couple flagged on us, which resulted in them dying. We were mostly protecting the dudes as they chopped trees, but eventually a bunch of people started to show up and it was a race to chop all the trees. Eventually the guild that wanted to steal them went into QQ mode and one of the guys began to uproot everything. Was pretty fun overall, though
wink.png
I think Cybsled answered this question well. Because 'release' is competitive people will be much more willing to make massive unprotected tree farms, which will create a highly valuable resource that needs to be defended. There are going to be a TON of these to fight over for the next couple months and it's a lot of fun because it's PvP with meaning. Lose the battle, lose your resources, like open world PvP should be. We poached a few huge farms on the west faction last night and it was great, I think we'll be spending a lot of time hunting and attacking secret farms.

Side note: For now PRX has a rule against poaching secret farms that our own faction members make. We're on neutral status with everyone in our faction (and allied with a few others), and harvesting someone's farm is an act of aggression. If we add guilds to our KOS list we will obviously harvest their resources, but how to tell whose farm is whose hasn't been decided yet.

Also AFK mount leveling, buying gold / leveling etc is a bannable offense, so if you're in PRX please don't do it.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Yesterday if I logged to character select, I'd get a black screen so I'd have to log out. But then trying to log in I'll get infinite loading screen. Pretty rediculous. Uninstalling/reinstalling fixed it. I'll have to try that windowed mode now. And not switch characters ever. I'm glad I picked up a 2nd small farm though.
That's shitty. Character Select isn't relegated to the queue so it's the best way to deal with logging out without exiting the game.

Vitality

HUSTLE
That's shitty. Character Select isn't relegated to the queue so it's the best way to deal with logging out without exiting the game.
Pretty sure we get the labor regen rate for being logged into the server if we leave the character select screen up over night as well.

#sploits

moontayle

Golden Squire
Only made it to 24 this weekend. Spent a good portion of time helping PRX people through content I'd already done in addition to dealing with crashing and queues. Goinga lotslower than I'd like, feels like I'm so far behind everyone else.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Only made it to 24 this weekend. Spent a good portion of time helping PRX people through content I'd already done in addition to dealing with crashing and queues. Goinga lotslower than I'd like, feels like I'm so far behind everyone else.
Don't lose hope! Soon we'll all be 50 and together!

In the 30+ level range a lot of people will spend their first 30m-1hr helping a PRX through content they haven't done, because soloing starts to get hard in the 30s. Plus if there's a lot of enemy players (I'm seeing a fairly even distribution in the 40+ zones, we worked really hard to pick a server with a lot of enemies but who knows how it'll play out) you'll want a bigger group and just deal with the collection quests being a bottleneck.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Tuco what are your plans to curb boredom in the guild? Like are you guys going to blockade the seas or something?

Seems a bit tricky to manage.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah a 3 hour queue with no buffer for crashing was rough and where I spent most of Friday and maybe one or two other times on Saturday and Sunday, but all in all I had a fun first weekend. Tuco, the guild seems really great so far. Pretty much everyone doing whatever possible to assist on most anything. Chill and relaxed but obviously competitive. Haven't seen an established group be so welcoming to a bunch of recruits like this. Anyway, thanks for pushing PRX on us here.

Biggest props I can give to the game is I walk around pretty captivated with the world. It's abnormal these days for a new MMO to make me feel like I'm actually part of the server I'm on but ArcheAge does that and it's probably one of the things that will keep me logging in every day. There is also a 'stop and smell roses' quality to parts of the game, where I'll get completely sidetracked bysomethinginstead of just going head down on the normal quest grind. Long story short, it's a neat world and there seems to be a lot to do within it.

I have the same concerns that Tuco lays out up above. What happens in 6 months or whatever when everyone on the server has their crafted items and PVP is the only thing driving everyone. We'll see. Should be fun until then at the least.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco what are your plances to curb boredom in the guild? Like are you guys going to blockade the seas or something?

Seems a bit tricky to manage.
We've got a lot of big plances for when we get established, but right now being bored is the least of our concerns.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I think Cybsled answered this question well. Because 'release' is competitive people will be much more willing to make massive unprotected tree farms, which will create a highly valuable resource that needs to be defended. There are going to be a TON of these to fight over for the next couple months and it's a lot of fun because it's PvP with meaning. Lose the battle, lose your resources, like open world PvP should be. We poached a few huge farms on the west faction last night and it was great, I think we'll be spending a lot of time hunting and attacking secret farms.
Don't expect these unprotected tree farms to last more than a few weeks. The wood supply will exceed the demand pretty quickly. Right now, everyone needs it for their new farms/houses/clippers. Once those are built, the cost of lumber will tank. There used to be a pretty steady ongoing demand, when ship plans were easy to get. 1.2 stopped that cold.

Vitality

HUSTLE
We've got a lot of big plances for when we get established, but right now being bored is the least of our concerns.
Did you guys do much research on what kind of opposition you'd face on Kyrios? Are there any red guilds in particular that are on your guys' watch list? OT and Cohh moved to other servers at release.

Also, do you guys have a timeline for when you might go FFA?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yes. Yes. OT went to the least pop server they could find (thank God) and Cohh went to Salphira which wasn't an option for us. No.

Sorry to be unspecific but we're focused on leveling our characters, building our village and getting our crafters leveled. All this late-game stuff will shape up on its own and we'll respond to it then.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Basically all of the huge twitch stream community is on Salphira East. Cohh, Swiggity Swooty (Towellie's squad). Initial investigation shows that they said they'd go on one server then they did a last minute swap to salphira.

West Kyrios the biggest guild I've seen so far is The White Order, but they're mostly an all chat spam recruit casual guild.

I'll have to get some pugs going in Halcyona when I get that level range to give a more accurate scope on the pvp community of Kyrios. However as it stands there's not much to look at.