Archeage

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
prx is a force to be wreckoned with. Every steamer I've watched on kyrios has been outsmarted and destroyed by prx.
cYrFtGK.png

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Some wonderful person over on he Inoch forums informed me that Inoch and Lyrios share an AH so currency can be transferred that way minus 10% AH cut. Awesome, I hadn't even thought of that. Now to see if husband is willing.

Tuco, let me know what Kv says.
I'm not sure how you plan to go about it but be aware that there are auction bots that will auto buy stuff that's under value. Put up something for 1copper and see for yourself.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Those that are playing, are you seeing longevity here in this MMO ? I have not started, planned too and that time is coming soon. That said, I kinda don't want to get involved unless, well very involved.. a lot going on and enough to keep folks longer term than average... Is ArchAge in that category ?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
During our sea shenanigans, I've never seen us lose more than 1 or 2 players at a time the entire night. I imagine once the majority of us log off, that's when PRX is getting rolled? The fishing raids for PRX are also always complaining about getting ganked. But those of us who are actually trying to PVP have been complaining that for the most part people on Kyrios are carebear or suck too bad to put up a legitimate fight.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I worry about where you get these things.

Those that are playing, are you seeing longevity here in this MMO ? I have not started, planned too and that time is coming soon. That said, I kinda don't want to get involved unless, well very involved.. a lot going on and enough to keep folks longer term than average... Is ArchAge in that category ?
Depends what you enjoy. But there is enough carrots/grind(hi2u rng crafting) that no one will be "Finished" for some time.

lindz

#DDs
I'm not sure how you plan to go about it but be aware that there are auction bots that will auto buy stuff that's under value. Put up something for 1copper and see for yourself.
It would be the other way around. I would put up a carrot for 1000g or whatever on Kyrios, then buy it on Inoch.

lindz

#DDs
Longer than all the other 1 month games I'd say just because there are multiple aspects to this game that there are not in other new releases. It really isn't a hit max level and do the one endgame content type game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
We'll see, it's up to the community to keep this game fun. But really why not just play it for 2-3 months? These games don't have to be a year+ game.

As to PRX winning or losing or whatever, there's nothing magical about PRX. We come in, work hard to make a good fighting force and battle our enemies. That's it. We win some, and unless I'm bored out of my mind we lose some. I never care about what tallys there are on forums, because every time there's an ingame way to determine our success it's always been in our favor. We've got the best village, can stomp our enemies at will, can carry out tradepacks where we damn please and just killed the kraken today. When Auroria opens up we're going to claim a castle and dare anyone to try to take it from us. Does that mean there won't be videos of our groups getting wrekt? No, it's going to happen, but we'll always improve and come back and never break under pressure.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just curious since Prx is so big, how easy would it be for someone to join as a mole, then constantly leak pivotal info to an opposing guild/faction so that guild or an alliance of guilds could always be ready to fuck with their plans

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just curious since Prx is so big, how easy would it be for someone to join as a mole, then constantly leak pivotal info to an opposing guild/faction so that guild or an alliance of guilds could always be ready to fuck with their plans
Since their screening process (the big guilds) is most of the time quite loose, I'd say it's likely. You also almost always have "that guy" who's not happy with current management and spill stuff everywhere to make friends in other guilds, "just in case". That's why most of the big guilds in Archeage prefer to bring numbers rather than anything else : if you have a full raid wandering around every night, unless there's another massive guild running around with a full raid, you'll never get bothered. I call that the "Nameplate Syndrome", in MMOs 15 people stacked together look like they're 30 with overlapping nameplates. in Archeage when you hear "100 PPL X GUILD ZERGFEST AT FREEDICH" it's most of the time less than half. At some point numbers don't even matter, if you're stacked well enough and move coordinately, and / or have a zerg rep, people won't come at you.

That's what I generally resent big guilds, not because "numbers before skill" stupid rule, but because they're deceptive in most people minds. And I'm not even talking about clipping, which can be deceptive in the other way. Yeah I didn't care much about your spy shit to be honest, so I talked about nameplates instead.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's longevity but the game is highly dependent on others playing (namely your guild). If your in a smaller guild and people stop playing, you'll burn out quick unless you join another larger guild . One thing that's distressing is way too many players are playing this game carebear/farmville and I can see larger guilds like PRX grow bored if there is never anyone substantial to challenge them because most don't PvP with any organization anyway. If the castle stuff wasn't coming in, I'd say the end would be coming a lot sooner.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
We basically operate under the assumption that anyone who wanted to have a mole in our guild can get one. This isn't a problem we care about for two reasons:

1. It wouldn't be that valuable. Even if they learned we're doing a pack run at a certain time they'd still have to ruck up enough force to beat us.
2. Much of the population looks down on spying on other guilds, so if there's a well established guild on our server (Say, the white order), who was spying on PRX, the gain they'd get from learning we're doing a pack run would be offset by the number of players in their guild that would be annoyed they were using a 'dirty' tactic like spying. Personally I think it's a completely legitimate tactic.

Radge_sl

shitlord
Ugh, I'm starting to dread entering the City of Towers. As soon as anyone sees that I'm below lvl 30, I start getting spammed with party invites for the Mentee questline.

Also, nice map Tuco. I assume its a level 50 zone.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
You can set those to auto decline.

I think it's 45 or so zone I haven't killed a mob in there in forever