Archeage

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't get it, I still have too much to do. I have to stop myself and give myself a couple goals over time and a couple daily goals so I don't feel like I am just floundering trying to do or think of too much.

AngryDwarf

Trakanon Raider
I thought I would give this a whirl.

Installed, patched, logged in, realized there is no option to invert mouse, logged out, uninstalled.

Oh well.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
62wAcur.jpg

LQGMlPL.png

so...am I a patron?

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Regarding the missing Patron. Here is what Scapes said:

"Adventurers,

Since ArcheAge's launch, we've been working to identify and resolve known issues as they appear. This forum thread will be updated to list the latest developments on these issues.

Missing Patron Status
We have reissued the missing 30 days of bonus Patron Time to all Patron and Founder accounts that made purchases before September 21 as previously announced.
As for reoccurring subscriptions, if our system charged you incorrectly, we'll definitely reverse the charge. Our Support Team has been alerted to this issue and are eager to make this right. You can either submit a help ticket tonight or wait for the live chat to open in the morning: http://support.trionworlds.com"

It seems they fucked up again. Here is the link:http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...7-00-AM-UTC%29

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I heard this rumor. Have you seen any proof?
Beyond some posts on Reddit and Ownedcore, I have not - beyond one incident. I've talked to a few people in the REing scene that are working on ArcheAge and they said it may be possible as the LUA function that sets the clientside variables has parameters of success chance, destruction chance, and downgrade chance. This information is also sent to the server from what I understand.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It's funny how much fun this game is when you like PvP and sandbox games, and how confusing it is when you want your hand held on what to do and how to do it.
tldr; for MMO PVP to be worth a shit, someone has to be getting fucked. No one gets fucked in Archeage and no one gives a fuck about trade packs.

I think AA is missing a very essential factor before you can properly call it a PVP/Sandbox game. There is practically zero opportunity cost or loss in this game. It makes everything feel fake and ridiculous. Yes -- you can gank someone with trade packs but honestly who gives a shit, what function of his net worth is a trade pack? At no point in the game is death substantially more grievous than WoW and for that I resent it.

If AA unfucked its brutal PVE item grind and then made high-echelon gear drop or destroy on death ala Eve, I'd be intrigued enough to give it another go. As it stands, AA gives me all the logistical headaches of MMO PVP but none of the thrill of risk versus reward. Like Draegan said: if I want to PVP it's just more expedient to do that in LoL instead of "get my hand held" in Archeage. To be clear: PRX is already offered to hold my hand but the game is just pointless aside from the general merry times of doing shit with an expanded social group. PRX could have fun playing a Facebook RPG if they did it "in force". No one gives a shit about anything in Archeage because nothing cool happens, and castles aren't a fucking answer. The way you have described Kyrios indicates that no one is even going to bother trying to take your castle.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How are people not having fun playing this game?? You know what's more fun than fishing? Camping the harbor and ganking people's fish as they come in to turn them in. You know what's even MORE fun? Watching someone get ganked for their fish, then immediately swoop in and kill the usually weakened ganker, and turn in the fish yourself. My friends and i reverse ganked like 5 different groups and made something like 100g in the span of 20 mins or so.

Re: post above me- if you swipe someone's fish that's 100 (nearly 1 hour) of their labor, maybe a gold or two of lure, and easily 15-20 mins of their time wasted. And you ask who gives a fuck about that? If that happened to me a few times I'd be pretty goddamn pissed. Especially with how labor starved I usually am

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Agreed, time has value in this game. Having a blast so far in Ollo...and for the first time in a mmorpg since shadowbane the core of my small quild hasn't quit yet.

Cutters w a clipper scout on the open seas are a lot of fun.

How are people not having fun playing this game?? You know what's more fun than fishing? Camping the harbor and ganking people's fish as they come in to turn them in. You know what's even MORE fun? Watching someone get ganked for their fish, then immediately swoop in and kill the usually weakened ganker, and turn in the fish yourself. My friends and i reverse ganked like 5 different groups and made something like 100g in the span of 20 mins or so.

Re: post above me- if you swipe someone's fish that's 100 (nearly 1 hour) of their labor, maybe a gold or two of lure, and easily 15-20 mins of their time wasted. And you ask who gives a fuck about that? If that happened to me a few times I'd be pretty goddamn pissed. Especially with how labor starved I usually am

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The number of people not giving a fuck about losing a tradepack is in my opinion very thin. When you're doing Falcorth -> Rookborne and you get mugged right before the last bridge after a steady 10mins airship / swimming / donkey traderun, it's just impossible someone would be like "oh I just lost time and gold and my run was almost worthless, let's not give a single fuck about it welp". If they're here, doing traderuns in the first place, they do give a fuck.

When some guild run a 40 tradepacks merchant run and gets killed and robbed by another guild, screened and filmed about it, I'm quite convinced they're giving fucks at full force. Of course, stealing a tradepack won't change your life; it's about pride. I mean, you're getting killed and robbed with your friends, your killers are gonna have a laugh about it and they'll eventually post a vid / screenshot, celebrating their hit. If you don't give a fuck about it maybe you can't have feelings, like Terminators or redheads.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finally managed to pick up a TS log for a decent price and craft my farm cart, followed by largely solo-farming a Hasla bow from scratch in a single night of debauchery. Still un-guilded on Ezi but having a blast taking advantage of all the idiots partaking in this server's economy. It reminds me of that South Park Wal-Mart episode: "You see, Stan, it's simple economics....I don't understand any of it".

Edit: Has anyone found a work-around for the glitch via Trion that won't allow you to add another payment method? (I.e. to a labor bitch account I want to put my card on for a patron sub?) Or am I going to have to sit through the CS queue at work?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The number of people not giving a fuck about losing a tradepack is in my opinion very thin. When you're doing Falcorth -> Rookborne and you get mugged right before the last bridge after a steady 10mins airship / swimming / donkey traderun, it's just impossible someone would be like "oh I just lost time and gold and my run was almost worthless, let's not give a single fuck about it welp". If they're here, doing traderuns in the first place, they do give a fuck.

When some guild run a 40 tradepacks merchant run and gets killed and robbed by another guild, screened and filmed about it, I'm quite convinced they're giving fucks at full force. Of course, stealing a tradepack won't change your life; it's about pride. I mean, you're getting killed and robbed with your friends, your killers are gonna have a laugh about it and they'll eventually post a vid / screenshot, celebrating their hit. If you don't give a fuck about it maybe you can't have feelings, like Terminators or redheads.
This has everything to do with what server you play on then, because on my server this shit just doesn't happen with any sort of frequency to give a damn. It is a rare fucking site to see any sort of coordinated trade run that does not take advantage of peacetimes. Even out on the sea, you don't see things like blockades and fleets of pirates just hanging out waiting for merchant ships on any regular basis. What you're talking is large scale stuff where yea, you would give a damn but most you see is a bunch of farmcarts travelling roads during peacetime. My guild did a shitload of traderuns over the weekend from Solz to Ysentere, in the middle of the day on Saturday. Did not run into one pirate ship (or any other ship for that matter) was the most boring thing you can do is just sit on a ship and watch the waves go by. And all we were was one galleon with 15 people on it. Rolled right up to the enemy dock with 15 reds standing right there, couldn't do a damn thing because as soon as they start the attack they were dead by guards. We told all our people not to attack, we didn't and turned on all our packs without one death and ported out. Did it 5 times in a row with no incident.

I've never seen a game where PvP is supposed to be the centerpiece of the game and most of it's players find ways to bypass it in anyway they can. I can't tell you the last time I saw a farm cart come through a zone that wasn't in peacetime.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Me personally, I don't want to bother the guild so I don't even ask for help with normal tradepack/farm cart shit like you describe. I have 2 farms where I make tradepacks in peace time and drop them off in an always peace time zone for later delivery.

That being said, we aren't a big guild but we do try to cause some havoc. We have flipped merchant ships to make them despawn and grab the packs (while they are in port trying to turn in). We use the merchant ship to scout fishing boats and kill them and take their packs (enemy or even sometimes same faction). We almost nightly find some spot to go camp and try and catch people running packs and ganking them. We usually come away with 20-40 tradepacks that way every night. In reality unless you do things like the despawn once someone makes it to peace time there really isn't much you can do. I would wager most people only run during peace time due to not wanting to lose their time invested which is my case. I only play a couple of hours a day and i'll be damned if somebody is coming and taking my shit because I want to make 1 extra gold a run. Not worth the possibility of losing packs for me, however, I will camp those routes and try and take packs.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
If they're here, doing traderuns in the first place, they do give a fuck.
I dunno man, if the newb tears are enough to entertain you then I'm not judging. I am just a crybaby because I've wanted Eve gameplay in a conventional "walk-around" RPG for a decade and this is not it. Regardless of if the newb is sad he lost his tradepack that he ran through a war zone (?), it honestly isn't worth shit -- it's not the type of activity I could talk to a friend who doesn't play and get him excited about.

Hypothetical conversation:

Me: ("My friends and I totally ganked these newbs last night; they were trying to run trade-packs through a war zone and, unfortunately for them, they stumbled across us. It was awesome, man!")
Friend: ("Wow -- what is a trade pack? What can you do with it?")
Me: ("Carebears make trade packs using their resources, I can steal it and trade it for gold.")

Then my convo breaks down because it really doesn't matter. Ganking newbs is skillless, and only newbs are running trade packs through a hot zone. The gold I recovered from said newb-ganking is pointless; if I had wanted gold I may as well been doing something else.

I guess this is quite similiar to low-sec PVP in Eve, but there is something about Eve that just feels much more... real. I'm having a hard time explaining it. I just perpetually gave zero fucks in AA; nothing bad ever happened to me, if I got ganked too many times I would go else where. Winning is as simple as finding more numbers. I'd rather just call up the crew and play a 5v5 (in LoL).

I understand wholeheartedly why you guys with good guilds are entertained; my friend says the same thing about R99 and that is equally as dumb (from my perspective). 'Oh, you totally killed some people while they were raiding? Awesome job, I bet that was so hard.' Archeage and R99, as games, are crap. But even a crap game with a good guild can be fun.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
tldr; for MMO PVP to be worth a shit, someone has to be getting fucked. No one gets fucked in Archeage and no one gives a fuck about trade packs.

I think AA is missing a very essential factor before you can properly call it a PVP/Sandbox game. There is practically zero opportunity cost or loss in this game. It makes everything feel fake and ridiculous. Yes -- you can gank someone with trade packs but honestly who gives a shit, what function of his net worth is a trade pack? At no point in the game is death substantially more grievous than WoW and for that I resent it.
DAoC, Darkfall, EvE, Shadowbane, etc. What did all of those games have in common that ArcheAge does not? The fact that the vast majority of people looking to play those were actively seeking PvP at all levels asap from launch, where in AAge the vast majority of people seek to avoid PvP at all levels and to build peaceful communities of harmony.

Now I'm not talking about the PRXs of the community; guilds who's entire existence revolves around PvP and as much conflict as possible. I remember reading various forums before this game had a NA publisher announcement and all I kept reading was the huge amount of players wanting to fish, fly, sail boats, play flutes and pianos, go to the shopping malls, ride the cutesy mounts, all that typical mmo stuff and they went nuts waiting for the game. Then word slowly leaked out to those people that there was PvP in it, but people didn't think it was as huge a factor... "Surely, they have safe zones and peace times so no need to worry".

Fast forward to now, and all those people who thought it was a PvE world with fringes of PvP are waking up to the shock they've spent $150 to what probably seems like Darkfall to them (kill me and take my stuff? no way!), and they are trying to do everything they can to avoid the PvP and play it like they thought they hoped it was; farming, playing lutes, dancing in towns.

I think PvPers can login, take 15-30 mins of prep time to go to run packs/organize battles and be cool with dying 5 minutes into that and then repeating, whereas PvEers would look at all that time as wasted and would instantly log out or wait until it was safe to come out of the hidey holes.

That's the flaw of AAge as I see it; it had the wrong community playing it from the start that was destined to either play it not as intended (it's really meant to be feudal-based PvP, not some ATITD sandbox) or to leave it in a few months.

edit: Oh, and this what Paste said:

"Re: post above me- if you swipe someone's fish that's 100 (nearly 1 hour) of their labor, maybe a gold or two of lure,and easily 15-20 mins of their time wasted. And you ask who gives a fuck about that? If that happened to me a few times I'd be pretty goddamn pissed. Especially with how labor starved I usually am"

Cybsled

I can't tell you the last time I saw a farm cart come through a zone that wasn't in peacetime.
Because the RvR isn't worth it. Even using poop fuel, carts are slow as hell and have low HP. However, I have seen clever people use ingame mechanics to bypass peacetime. For instance, peacetime when the crimson rift bosses are still up, I've seen people stealth and wait for the bosses to kill carts, at which point they scoop up the packs. I've also seen peacetime blockades where they try to mass raid invite...if a person accepts, they snatch the packs off the cart at the blockade.

There are plenty of ways to bypass peacetime. Especially for oceans, that is the BEST time to snag ships coming cross continents.

moontayle

Golden Squire
This is where having a populated server comes into play. There's all sorts of shit going down on Kyrios if you take the time to look.

I maintain fishing has the best random PvP. Hit a sailfin spot last night and two minutes into it a west guild shows up with a Junker. We spent the next twenty minutes chasing them down, killing them, then destroying the Junker. Just because.