Archeage

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If playing on US from EU wasn't such painful, I'd have already rerolled. The EU Elite Guilds scene is pretty bad right now : it's basically like UN, only everyone playing Switzeland.
Surely with only four castles to go around there's groups that are hungry right?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Surely with only four castles to go around there's groups that are hungry right?
Not really, 3 of the big guilds got their castle, 1 got fucked over and last castle was claimed by some alliance. Since you can bid on your own scrool I don't think we'll see much changes. It's mostly a free gear rollup for most guilds, regarding how much golds having a castle earn each week. It's not really about PvP since castle sieges are awful gameplay wise. Also most of people in those don't really do PvP, their DPS have less than 200 HFKs. I guess those guilds who capped a lodestone will figure there's no real metagame regarding castle sieges, and quit within weeks.

EDIT: also, PvP wise, before rumbling trees the game was quite boring : as a dedicated players guild, 90% of the time we encounter shit tier geared people (GHA with quest weapons) and we roll them like they're lvl30. The other 10%, when they don't flee or stick to safe zones, they would occasionally give a fight, but it's crystal clear they don't want / like PvP. There was no challenge at all. Now wih rumbling trees we encountered people with more gear, but most of the time they're running packs or farming gear.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Weird. I anticipate only 1 castle owner will buy their own scroll on our server. Their turn is next weekend but the other castle owner should have a good fight on their hands no matter who gets their siege scroll.

The siege system in this game isn't spectacular, but on our server at least the cost to buy your own scroll is so high that IMO I don't think it's worth it. There's no real bragging rights if you buy your own scroll and if your net income is zero because you have to pay some 40k gold (or whatever) to buy the scroll it's a wash.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Better gear yourself up before that siege is coming around, then ! On my server 2H Daggerspells are on focus, since they got clipped in a second.

Well, this game didn't turn out all bad for me. Made over $250 selling my shit (2 pieces of land and some APEX). Funded a new GTX 970 pending sale of my old card.

Thanks for your shitty game, Trion!

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
All these whine threads on Reddit and the official forums over siege times being moved up are hilarious. So, you took it seriously enough to prepare and organize for weeks to blitz auroria to ensure you got a castle, but you then thought it was a good idea to put up walls on the second to last week before the originally scheduled siege?

I have a feeling a lot of guilds who don't buy their scrolls are going to lose a castle. Can't wait.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All these whine threads on Reddit and the official forums over siege times being moved up are hilarious. So, you took it seriously enough to prepare and organize for weeks to blitz auroria to ensure you got a castle, but you then thought it was a good idea to put up walls on the second to last week before the originally scheduled siege?

I have a feeling a lot of guilds who don't buy their scrolls are going to lose a castle. Can't wait.
The only bad thing I see from it, is thanksgiving weekend for two of the sieges.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Lawl, did KV really disband someone because they didn't give him their stuff? That's really silly and dumb.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Nothing too juicy. A few people who were on the edge of the guild disappeared and let their properties expire.

Maybe I'm alone on this but when you're a part of a community and just one day disappear it's a little rude. I come to get to know people and think of PRX as my online family and when people fall off the edge of the world without leaving a note saying what's going on it's unkind.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
when your in a game where land is finite, its rude to let it expire. you need to playerauctions that shit.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I've dropped off the face of the earth in more than a few games myself, so I can relate.

I'm like that guy you have sex with that doesn't call you back.