Archer

Xevy

Log Wizard
I laughed really hard when the ship exploded the scientist and Archer just didn't care. Otherwise it was pretty much what I expected. Except the April Fool's. I guess they really did have shrink rays.

I really wanted Carol to needle some one to death, though.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Still not finished Archer S5 yet, but I think it's still OK. Sure, it's not as good as it was, but it's not bad (yet). Though I have to say the high point so far was the montage at the end of episode one. At first I thought that was just a cool "what might have been" moment. Didn't realise they were just advertising the rest of the season.

Kriger is my favorite character now, and has been for a while (maybe always?). I will probably watch a season 6 but the freshness sure has left the show.

Cybsled

Considering the end of this last episode, it sounds as though they will go off on another tangent for next season.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I noticed that, but I think they're just fucking with us.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Archer gave a big speech about them being the outsiders and said he had an idea how to make money, but it didn't sound like something that would be as drastic as Archer Vice. More like mercenary types. Or something. Whatever, the problem wasn't so much the concept for Archer Vice as the execution where they changed a bunch of the characters so drastically.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Archer gave a big speech about them being the outsiders and said he had an idea how to make money, but it didn't sound like something that would be as drastic as Archer Vice. More like mercenary types. Or something. Whatever, the problem wasn't so much the concept for Archer Vice as the execution where they changed a bunch of the characters so drastically.
Archer A Team. Archer Team. We all know it's headed this way. Krieger even has the van!

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
It's too bad the show creators have probably already decided on it and begun production. Because they really need to stop what they're doing and make archer A team happen. In the Archer A team, who wears the gold chains and mohawk, pam or kreiger? Mr T was both a scary enforcer and the fabrication guy.

Are there any more Burt Reynolds shows they can use for the basis of the new business? Because, if it's archer's idea, I'm going to guess it's Burt Reynolds inspired.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pam is Mr. T, fucking duh. She's obviously the enforcer. The others are toss ups. Face is the pretty boy who could be either Archer or Ray. Hannibal is the strategy guy so either Archer or Lana. And Murdoch is the wildcard Mechanic so Krieger.... or Archer or Carol.

I kind of wish Ray would take command after he becomes un-crippled. After Krieger he's my favorite character, especially in season 1. Archer is great, but he's best disobeying orders rather than giving them.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I could geek right the fuck out on this tangent, but in the end I think I would just wind up disappointed. So I'm gunna stop now.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BTW can I just take a moment to mention how fucking horrible Carrie Brownstein is? She was the voice for the doctor chick those last two episodes and the delivery was absolutely awful. The first time I've been distracted by how bad a voice is on this show.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
One of my favorite parts in the finale was Cyril talking about crashing the ship and how he's thought about it before. That was obviously written/finalized well before the recent suicide by plane crash but still one of those "oh damn bet they didn't count on that happening" coincidences.

"Now's the perfect time. It's not like you haven't thought about it. Just crash the sub and kill them, Cyril."

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I thought the doctor chick's dialog was intentionally bad. You saying she's just bad?

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Just finished binging on S6, thought it was really good for the most part. They managed to get back to what makes the show good without rehashing the same jokes for another season (although the few callbacks were nice). Felt like the first few seasons in a lot of ways.

Only thing I wasn't a fan of was the miniaturization thing. I could do space, I could do the bottom of the sea, but shrinking? That's a bit much, even for a cartoon Bond takeoff with only a tenuous connection to reality.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I thought the doctor chick's dialog was intentionally bad. You saying she's just bad?
That was my take as well. She's supposed to be really stiff and awkward. It's the pretentious "I'm a scientist!" thing. Know-it-all, matter-of-fact.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She was supposed to be that, and it was supposed to be funny. She just came off as a horribly unfunny pedestrian dragged off the street and told to voice a pretentious know it all doctor bitch.

Awful. To the point I had to go look up who it was. Then it all made sense.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I found her really annoying and unfunny (and also the dude on the bodysuit with the organs on it - I assume he's some American celebrity? not sure what I was supposed to be laughing at or why he was in the episodes), but the voice acting specifically didn't seem to be the problem.

Cybsled

The bodysuit with organs was an 80s joke. There used to be a guy called "Slim Goodbody" that wore that and usually do the general public service announcements of "kids, eat your veggies!" and crap. That's why Archer says that at first.

The actual voice actor hasn't done anything since the 70s pretty much and was meant to just be an ultra obscure cameo.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, now I'm gonna have to buy this...

Amazon.com: Archer Suit Long Sleeves Costume Adult T-Shirt: Movie And Tv Fan T Shirts: Clothing

13zN4Aj.jpg

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That literally looks like someone just did an overlay on a long sleeved grey shirt. Like it doesn't even look real. If that's how it looks, it is going to be Magic Eye brought to life.

edit: also, that model has the fattest neck known to man.