Archive 81

Szlia

With this type of stories, it's difficult to find the right balance between keeping things mysterious and moving the story forward. I feel this show makes a pretty decent job at finding this balance. Also, the whole structure works well (some people in this thread did not care for the 7th episode, but I really enjoyed it) and it sticks the landing competently (the nature of this type of stories makes it almost impossible to end in a way that is totally satisfying, but, given this constraint, it's good).

While a second season was definitely possible and I would certainly have watched more, the show being cancelled is not a tragedy as this first season works well by itself. Don't skip this one because of the cancelation.

On a side note, someone earlier mentioned the main actress, Dina Shihabi, made them think of Alicia Vikander because of her voice, but I must say she channeled another actress for me, maybe because of her hair cut and the '90s setting : Katie Holmes. Weirder : maybe because of his deep voice, lean frame and because he played a number of hipster'ish characters, Mamoudou Athie made me think of Adam Driver ! Think Paterson or While We're Young ? No ? Am I crazy ?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
You're not wrong. His nose, voice, and demeanor are all exactly like Adam Driver.

It sucks that this got canceled. The first few episodes of this were as creepy and disturbing as I've ever seen on TV.