Are there any decent web-based turn-based RPGs out there right now?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'm looking for a web-based game that I can play while working, so it can't be graphical and action-based. I'm looking for an old-school web-based turn-based game where you can take a turn, alt-tab to do some work, and then alt-tab back to take another turn once in a while.

Is there anything out there like this these days?

Back in the day, I remember playing games like Legend of Red Dragon that was like that.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Isn’t that Honkai Star Rail thing turn based?
I have it on my phone, and I play it from time to time when I get a second.

The problem is that it still is "action" oriented in that you have to physically run the character from fight to fight. I'm looking for something that literally is click to move to next room, click to search, click to start battle.. etc... something that you can toss a turn in once an hour or once a minute, but not something where you are literally sitting there moving a virtual joystick to play the game.

Izo

Tranny Chaser

• 1Like

Cybsled

The problem is that it still is "action" oriented in that you have to physically run the character from fight to fight. I'm looking for something that literally is click to move to next room, click to search, click to start battle.. etc... something that you can toss a turn in once an hour or once a minute, but not something where you are literally sitting there moving a virtual joystick to play the game.

Maybe some old muds or bbs door games someone put on a browser, like Ursurper or Legend of Red Dragon. You’re probably not going to find much that is newer in the style you are looking for that is multiplayer

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why not go with the tried and true: remote access to your home PC? Programs like Gotomypc can open your computer's desktop through a browser or, a more complicated route: set up your home router to have your very own VPN to dial into, which will give you remote access to your local network. Then set up a local remote desktop access (never done this thought, so don't know what all is involved).

Here is a video of how to set up your own VPN on the UNIFI controller, time stamped to where he starts with the VPN, as an example:

Last edited: