Arkham Horror: LCG

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This is fantastic if you enjoy LCG's. Fucking amazing design with regard to campaign progression, and branching storylines, differing results, and as usual with FFG's Arkham suite, the flavor/story/theme is superb.

Highly recommended, and I personally can't wait for each and every single future expansion, going to gobble them up.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Planning on picking it up for our boardgame group as a once-per month psuedo-RPG thing.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got an update CSI got it back in stock, sorry Amazon, giving up on waiting for you. (I'd drive out to CSI in this case if I wasn't feeling god awful today in fact being that they're like 45 min away)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How's replayability looking for it? Any of the encounters structured in such a way that once you know them they're completely trivialized? Or will playing back through with different decks still be fun.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Replayability looks to be top tier for anything that has a structured campaign/scenario style. As I mentioned before, there are branching decisions within each scenario, multiple possible resolutions, not to mention the randomness of the decks themselves (some scenarios even call for a random encounter set, so you'll end up with a different scenario deck sometimes). This is all apart from the well differentiated classes, so how you approach a given scenario will differ based on your hero/deck.

This is just a 3-scenario intro campaign, if the 8-scenario (plus optional ones like the PoD werewolfy thing they released at Arkham Nights) campaign coming out is anywhere near this good, the game will be fucking amazing and VERY replayable. IMO.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Played a little last night of the tutorial, enjoyable but holy crap did we get bent over - clearly we were trying to rush too much, lol.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone played through the first three missions solo? If so is the game worth playing solo? I know I will never get my group to play this on a regular basis.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I have, but I two-hero'd it, which I've never found to be too terribly annoying and usually quite fun. I've heard plenty of people have issues soloing the first campaign with certain heroes, and other heroes do quite well. I think Skids is the solo champ so far.

If it were me, I'd just play two investigators.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You don't need someone running this do you? If you have two people you can both play investigators I assume?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Man, this game can be brutal sometimes! They nailed the Arkham "this ain't gonna be easy" feeling, IMO.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played through it true solo using the Roland deck from the rulebook and didn't use any exp upgrades. I made some poor decisions but the game was fun and beatable. Highly recommended.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you have Tabletop Simulator there is a mod for it. The game is 100% co-op. I enjoy it because the cards all feel like a story. As you advance the story by doing in game actions (or taking too long to do them) you get new bits of story. The base set comes with 3 interconnecting adventures. There are two stand alone stories currently out. The next cycle which is a campaign of 10 inter connecting adventures over 6 small packs and one big box (out this week) will be released over the next 6 months.