Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
im actually just skinny fat. i dont need to lose weight as much as i need to redistribute it to limbs and chest from belly.
You can do the basic two part process that I'm doing, which basically consists of:
1. Lifting a bunch of weights and eating a bunch of food for some number of months (bulk)
2. After some number of months, reduce food intake to a caloric deficit (cut).

It's fall, so it's the perfect time for a bulk. Bulk for a few months then cut in early spring and be ready for the beach by summer.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You can do the basic two part process that I'm doing, which basically consists of:
1. Lifting a bunch of weights and eating a bunch of food for some number of months (bulk)
2. After some number of months, reduce food intake to a caloric deficit (cut).

It's fall, so it's the perfect time for a bulk. Bulk for a few months then cut in early spring and be ready for the beach by summer.

Now thats a plan!

Wurstsalat

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am doing intermittent fasting since 3 months now and i really enjoy it. Its tough at first, but you get used to it. I only eat 1 meal in the evening after work and gym. I am avoiding all carbohydrates 6 days a week ( <30gr ) and having 1 refeed-day where i try to eat around 70% carbohydrates.I usually have a deficit around 1000-1500kcal per day. Around +1000-1500 at refeed day. I went from 24% bodyfat to 13% and i lost 8kg fat and gained 4kg muscles. I was skinny fat and i will try the leangain method once i am at around 10% bodyfat. I go to gym 6-7 per week.

I am getting addicted to that lifestyle. It used to be gaming :D

Between these pictures are 3 months - you can do it too. You only need to be consistent.

View attachment 154467

3.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Lol at telling someone who comes in here to lose weight to start eating at a surplus.

Beginners can lose fat and simultaneously gain muscle whilst in a deficit as Wurstsalat Wurstsalat just demonstrated

Araysar Araysar 10-12 calories per lb and weight lifting is the basics

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Lol at telling someone who comes in here to lose weight to start eating at a surplus.

Beginners can lose fat and simultaneously gain muscle whilst in a deficit as Wurstsalat Wurstsalat just demonstrated

Araysar Araysar 10-12 calories per lb and weight lifting is the basics
First, have you seen Araysar? He's a bean pole. Second, Wurstsalat Wurstsalat isn't a beginner, he's always been magnificent.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Tuco, this isn't the fast food thread. I think you got lost

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
First, have you seen Araysar? He's a bean pole. Second, Wurstsalat Wurstsalat isn't a beginner, he's always been magnificent.

I said based on his stats he was skinny fat and he confirmed it.

He needs to eat at a deficit and simultaneously burn fat and build muscle

Telling a fat person to bulk is just lolz, I could explain to you how being leaner would benefit his insulin sensitivity etc but I really can't be arsed to argue with the guy that hasn't graduated from his home dumbbell set up

Or how conventional wisdom is to from 10% until 15% for maximum efficiency of nutrient partitioning

Just lol at telling a fat person to get fatter

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco doesn't belong in the fast food thread. Don't encourage that.
Ossoi Ossoi can we get a top ten fast food meals for cutting?

A few times on keto I had McDonald's grilled chicken with their guacamole, no cheese and no bun, it was pretty good if salty.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I said based on his stats he was skinny fat and he confirmed it.

He needs to eat at a deficit and simultaneously burn fat and build muscle

Telling a fat person to bulk is just lolz, I could explain to you how being leaner would benefit his insulin sensitivity etc but I really can't be arsed to argue with the guy that hasn't graduated from his home dumbbell set up

Or how conventional wisdom is to from 10% until 15% for maximum efficiency of nutrient partitioning

Just lol at telling a fat person to get fatter

ok, im gonna stop listening to Tuco Tuco , you seem more informed

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Lol I will post a pic of last week's dexa scan results to confirm that for you and pics of me

If you're serious about it then happy to give you a more in depth plan

The basics are eating less (10-12 calories per lb) and lifting weights

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You should follow Ossoi Ossoi 's advice exactly, and in a few months we can have a 100% scientific comparison of what happens when two fatties do two different exercise approaches. You with trying to gain muscle while eating at a deficit or near deficit, and me trying to bulk then cut.