Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep, after this cycle I'm going to switch it up to do that and bump up BBB sets another 5 or 10%
Do as you please, just remember those sets aren't supposed to challenge you from a physical standpoint. You're battling mental fatigue and endurance, so don't get caught up in the #s. In reality, they should remain light so you can drill 50 reps of good technique into your system.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So one thing as I'm diving into a fitness diet. Is realizing how little protein I'm eating compared to the .8 to 1.whatever grams of protein per lb of body weight figures I've read. It certainly causes me conflict with my usual self weight loss diet where I would usually do 1000-1600 calories most days, especially work days, then usually eat less good on weekends. Yoyo 185-205 ish with that over the years. (Goal if I was purely dieting would be 180lbs and stay there for 6'1 height.)

I don't like chicken that much so learning to eat gobs of it is going to be rough as I don't think I want to eat 2-3 shakes a day trying to hit ~150grams of protein. Might work better if I'm dicing it into things rather than any solo pieces. I'd pull a tuco, but spending like $15 for one nights steak doesn't sit well with a budget. (And I've gotten kinda sick of the cheaper cuts of steak that end up either way too stringy or tough even if still bloody) I do have a bunch of tilapia and fish burgers I've never tried in the freezer I need to get to. Like other skinny fat fucks, time to prep is my lazy/short on time enemy. (IE planning of thawing a day ahead of time or wanting to wait 30 minutes just to bake a couple fish patties)

Any fairly simple go to high protein dishes that folk like they can eat day in and out and not be spending a fortune on it either?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So one thing as I'm diving into a fitness diet. Is realizing how little protein I'm eating compared to the .8 to 1.whatever grams of protein per lb of body weight figures I've read. It certainly causes me conflict with my usual self weight loss diet where I would usually do 1000-1600 calories most days, especially work days, then usually eat less good on weekends. Yoyo 185-205 ish with that over the years. (Goal if I was purely dieting would be 180lbs and stay there for 6'1 height.)

I don't like chicken that much so learning to eat gobs of it is going to be rough as I don't think I want to eat 2-3 shakes a day trying to hit ~150grams of protein. Might work better if I'm dicing it into things rather than any solo pieces. I'd pull a tuco, but spending like $15 for one nights steak doesn't sit well with a budget. (And I've gotten kinda sick of the cheaper cuts of steak that end up either way too stringy or tough even if still bloody) I do have a bunch of tilapia and fish burgers I've never tried in the freezer I need to get to. Like other skinny fat fucks, time to prep is my lazy/short on time enemy. (IE planning of thawing a day ahead of time or wanting to wait 30 minutes just to bake a couple fish patties)

Any fairly simple go to high protein dishes that folk like they can eat day in and out and not be spending a fortune on it either?

I do pork man...

Sludig

I do pork man...
Other than going full crazy keto and a ton of bacon.... anything in particular? Back in the day I loved pork loins with saute green pepper and onion. But for whatever reason, I've really started to despise pork as much as chicken unless it's heavily sauced or like crazy tender/juicy bbq.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay couple of problems here. First of all, those numbers are based on kg weight, not lb. You don't need as much protein as these idiots would have you believing, keep in mind they're always selling you something. You're probably taking in more than enough.

Second, 1000-1600 calories a day? Ideal is 6'1 180? Dude I'm barely 6 feet and weigh 205 currently eating around 4000 calories a day and my abs very much protrude. Trust me, you don't want to be a hungry skeleton. Pack on some muscle and THEN taper some weight off. I'm not saying you have to be a psychotic powerlifter like myself, but 6'1 180 is pretty skinny man.

Third, the trick to lower end cuts of meat is to marinate them my dude. Also, you can buy family packs of 90/10 ground beef at Shop Rite for around $4.50 a pound if you're okay with that. One of my go to meals is just some rice, ground beef, and avocado. Carbs, protein, fats. Hit all three in one fell swoop, just be sure to add lots of onions, peppers, garlic, etc. to the ground beef. Add a little side bowl of broccoli or some other green and you're set.

Also, shrimp is typically sold in 2 pound bags around $7-8 a pound for the jumbo ones (don't buy anything below jumbo please, unless you're making some sort of fucking stew or something).

As Brahm said, pork is also an option. Slow cook a shoulder and you've got a meal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Did you read the "setting up a fat loss diet" series that I posted earlier Setting Up a Fat Loss Diet: Protein | RNT Fitness

Ignore Itlan Itlan and his terrible advice, if you're a beginner/relatively untrained then you can build muscle whilst losing fat (for a short period at least, provided you're training and eating properly). If you're skinny fat then eating excess calories to build muscle is only going to make you fatter lol

You don't have to stick to lean cuts of meat.

My current macros at 5'11 and 178lbs 190g protein, 250g carbs and 75g fat. Breakfast today was a double cheeseburger (the burgers are made with cheddar) and I put two slices of mozarella on) and butter on the bun, then lunch and dinner I had 160g supermarket chicken with rice. Admittedly I was 10g over on fat today but that breakfast was majority of my fat intake.

You could eat salmon, chicken thighs, steak at one meal a day and still have room for additional fats.

Read that series, establish your calories and macros, nail your training and you will build muscle and lose fat.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Did you read the "setting up a fat loss diet" series that I posted earlier Setting Up a Fat Loss Diet: Protein | RNT Fitness

Ignore Itlan Itlan and his terrible advice, if you're a beginner/relatively untrained then you can build muscle whilst losing fat (for a short period at least, provided you're training and eating properly). If you're skinny fat then eating excess calories to build muscle is only going to make you fatter lol

You don't have to stick to lean cuts of meat.

My current macros at 5'11 and 178lbs 190g protein, 250g carbs and 75g fat. Breakfast today was a double cheeseburger (the burgers are made with cheddar) and I put two slices of mozarella on) and butter on the bun, then lunch and dinner I had 160g supermarket chicken with rice. Admittedly I was 10g over on fat today but that breakfast was majority of my fat intake.

You could eat salmon, chicken thighs, steak at one meal a day and still have room for additional fats.

Read that series, establish your calories and macros, nail your training and you will build muscle and lose fat.
Sounds like you are over 75g of fat there

Sludig

Okay couple of problems here. First of all, those numbers are based on kg weight, not lb. You don't need as much protein as these idiots would have you believing, keep in mind they're always selling you something. You're probably taking in more than enough.

Second, 1000-1600 calories a day? Ideal is 6'1 180? Dude I'm barely 6 feet and weigh 205 currently eating around 4000 calories a day and my abs very much protrude. Trust me, you don't want to be a hungry skeleton. Pack on some muscle and THEN taper some weight off. I'm not saying you have to be a psychotic powerlifter like myself, but 6'1 180 is pretty skinny man.

Third, the trick to lower end cuts of meat is to marinate them my dude. Also, you can buy family packs of 90/10 ground beef at Shop Rite for around $4.50 a pound if you're okay with that. One of my go to meals is just some rice, ground beef, and avocado. Carbs, protein, fats. Hit all three in one fell swoop, just be sure to add lots of onions, peppers, garlic, etc. to the ground beef. Add a little side bowl of broccoli or some other green and you're set.

Also, shrimp is typically sold in 2 pound bags around $7-8 a pound for the jumbo ones (don't buy anything below jumbo please, unless you're making some sort of fucking stew or something).

As Brahm said, pork is also an option. Slow cook a shoulder and you've got a meal.

Those calorie goals I had were while I was being sedentary as my normal weight loss. 180lbs being again considering I have no good muscle mass on me. I'm all for a heavier weight but if it's muscle not blubber. I'm certainly going to have to eat more is what I'm getting at, which I'm unused to. (I mean of course I could hit taco bell but getting quality calories to add up to what I need is new to me.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
but 6'1 180 is pretty skinny man.

1avf97.jpg

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Can you explain this a bit?

Mental as in my fatigue is mental, or rather ,subconcious, or mental as I'll just have to

Subconscious. You probably were thinking it's be harder since your calories are down at some point.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I read less than half of your posts to be honest considering how retarded you are.

"Admittedly I was 10g over on fat today but that breakfast was majority of my fat intake. "

Ok cuckface, any time you want to upload progress pics then be my guest

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
"Admittedly I was 10g over on fat today but that breakfast was majority of my fat intake. "

Ok cuckface, any time you want to upload progress pics then be my guest
I don't take half naked photos of myself and I sure as hell don't post them online.

Please continue to workout for no other fact than you have zero persnaility and you require it, along with a terrible attitude towards women, to even have the courage to approach them. Also, keep on curling bro, gotta make sure you add more size to those arms instead of your legs.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't take half naked photos of myself and I sure as hell don't post them online.

Please continue to workout for no other fact that you have zero persnaility and you require it, along with a terrible attitude towards women, to even have the courage to approach them. Also, keep on curling bro, gotta make sure you add more size to those arms instead of your legs.

lay off the Soy products