Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
you've already admitted you don't have the intellect necessary to comprehend my posts, hence keeping the next one at a level you and your male feminist schtick could comprehend
I admitted to not reading your posts, you are too stupid to understand the difference I see.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Hit a wall doing 100mph yesterday with no brakes or seat belt.

Like I said earlier, all body parts 2x a week. Yesterday was chest again. Could NOT get 315 up for 3 reps. I was literally 100lbs heavier just 4 days ago?

Might need to take a week off to recoup. Think this pace is catching up. Also I lost 2lbs in that same time frame. HARD cramps in the morning last couple days.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Week 2 Cut Macros:

Current Training Day Macro’s
Protein: 190
Fat: 65 (DOWN 10g)
Carbs: 250

Non-Training Day Macro’s
Protein: 190
Fat: 65 (DOWN 10g)
Carbs: 200 (DOWN 50g)

177.4lbs to 176.8

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Those calorie goals I had were while I was being sedentary as my normal weight loss. 180lbs being again considering I have no good muscle mass on me. I'm all for a heavier weight but if it's muscle not blubber. I'm certainly going to have to eat more is what I'm getting at, which I'm unused to. (I mean of course I could hit taco bell but getting quality calories to add up to what I need is new to me.
Understood. But if you want to build muscle, you're going to need some calories. You're not all that heavy for your height, and you could certainly lean out while packing on size if you're previously untrained. I have a feeling poor posture and just lack of mass is at work here moreso than any real amount of fat.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Understood. But if you want to build muscle, you're going to need some calories. You're not all that heavy for your height, and you could certainly lean out while packing on size if you're previously untrained. I have a feeling poor posture and just lack of mass is at work here moreso than any real amount of fat.

Question:

If I starting out at 12% body fat, gained 4kg lean mass and 2kg fat over a 6 month bulk. What ratio of muscle/fat gain do you think Sludig Sludig would achieve if he is starting from 20-30% body fat minimum and therefore his insulin sensitivity and nutrition partitioning is going to be less efficient?

You agree with me that he can add muscle whilst getting leaner as he is untrained, so why suggest he eats excess calories to gain weight (most of which will be fat) as opposed to eating at a deficit?

Sludig Sludig ignore Itlan Itlan all the conventional advice is that 10-15% body fat is the optimum window for adding muscle. If you're not in that range you cut, then you bulk up until you get past 15%

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I feel like a child and my parents are fighting lol.

As I go more protein heavy. I thought ive added a lot more veggy, whole grain, etc, and some fiber caplets here and there. Still finding myself more and more backed up. After a glorious 3 sittings yesterday, im back to bound up today.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I feel like a child and my parents are fighting lol.

As I go more protein heavy. I thought ive added a lot more veggy, whole grain, etc, and some fiber caplets here and there. Still finding myself more and more backed up. After a glorious 3 sittings yesterday, im back to bound up today.

Nah, I just don't think Itlan Itlan is aware of what your goals are. Looking back at your original post you don't specifically say, although I can assume that getting bigger/more muscular wasn't the priority. It sounds like you want to get in shape for this upcoming test

The reality is eating extra calories is going to mean you put on weight, this will be fat and muscle. But because you're already "skinny fat" then you're not going to look better, certainly around your midsection is only going to get fatter.

If you follow a good fat loss diet like the one I linked then you'll build muscle whilst also losing fat. After 4-6 weeks of solid diet and training you'll see a radical improvement, 8-12 weeks then you'll probably be very happy with how you look.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eating a surplus and suggesting eating more than 1600 calories are two different things. This is also the weightlifting thread, I'm assuming he wants to pack on size. The weight loss thread is somewhere else and that place is fucking scary.

Sludig

For police academy technically, passed the test already but its easy. I don't care about looks but just general conditioning and strength training.

Did just find out that the academy mainly usesa cross fit program and a ton of running. Shifts me to primarily worried about multiple mile runs and pullups/upper body in general.

Last edited:

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I've told you in the past to focus on the specifics of their requirements. If they require you to run, do pull-ups, and do push-ups, focus on those aspects. Dieting a bit will help you drop weight if you're currently overweight (I personally think you're under, but it's not my body/I don't know how you look). You need to just find a basic body weight routine imo, and continually push yourself when it comes to your mileage, whether it's reducing time for a completed mile or increasing the distance. Just my two cents.

Sludig

Yeap I hear you and been started on it. Any excersizes I could do to help pullup muscles if most of the week I don't have a proper pullup bar? Most things are improving with repetition, but pullups going quite slow, unassisted I'm doing one or two or the other day none when I seemingly had no strength in that manuever.

Got my weight rack for bench press etc and my bench setup. Have 15lb kettle and I think 2 10lb handweights then all the plates. A big challenge for me is proper form which the trainer is helping with. I'm awful at remembering names of any of the shit she has me do.

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
Yeap I hear you and been started on it. Any excersizes I could do to help pullup muscles if most of the week I don't have a proper pullup bar? Most things are improving with repetition, but pullups going quite slow, unassisted I'm doing one or two or the other day none when I seemingly had no strength in that manuever.

Got my weight rack for bench press etc and my bench setup. Have 15lb kettle and I think 2 10lb handweights then all the plates. A big challenge for me is proper form which the trainer is helping with. I'm awful at remembering names of any of the shit she has me do.

Buy a doorframe pull-up bar for home. I have mine in the doorway from the office to the kitchen and I do a few pull-ups every time I walk through that doorway.

Sludig

I
Buy a doorframe pull-up bar for home. I have mine in the doorway from the office to the kitchen and I do a few pull-ups every time I walk through that doorway.
Always heard those damage the frame or apt to fall down. Being so tall I don't know if that matters to it working well.

Does make me think outside the box, maybe my arbor or dillapidated deck steel frame that long since lost the canvas might be options. I know theres some micro play grounds somewhere nearby i need to go find.

Today is fun, can barely get out of chair my inner thighs hurt so bad from the huge amount of various squat like excersizes wednesday.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I

Always heard those damage the frame or apt to fall down. Being so tall I don't know if that matters to it working well.

Does make me think outside the box, maybe my arbor or dillapidated deck steel frame that long since lost the canvas might be options. I know theres some micro play grounds somewhere nearby i need to go find.

Curious...what exactly is your goal? Strength? Size? Cutup?

Sludig

Curious...what exactly is your goal? Strength? Size? Cutup?
Couple replies back to itlan, but overall conditioning/performance as far as doing well in police academy and beyond. So besides running, probably a little bit of everything is used in arrest control. Wrestling folk down and cuffing. So basically practical reasons not the sesex appeal or bragging of sick lift #s.

I used to be in better shape at my old job a lot of running around and wrestling patients into restraints.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I

Today is fun, can barely get out of chair my inner thighs hurt so bad from the huge amount of various squat like excersizes wednesday.
You can add padding until it doesn't damage the frame. Especially if your door frame is not a piece of shit like mine.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Assisted pull-ups are the best way to get better at pull-ups. You need to be able to activate your lats and forearms properly, so engaging them constantly is the biggest hurdle. Negatives (where you start at the top and simply fight against gravity all the way down) are also a great way to increase your pull-up strength.

As far as gym work? Just hit a ton of rows and pulldowns.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I had a lot of success personally with doing 5x8 pullups, where I would do as many of those 8 repititions as pullups, and then did negatives to get to 8.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had a lot of success personally with doing 5x8 pullups, where I would do as many of those 8 repititions as pullups, and then did negatives to get to 8.
This seems like a very reasonable program with fairly simple linear progression. Itlan approved.