Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Quick question: I ride an reclining exercise bike 6 days a week, is that enough to give my calves a good workout or should I do some calf raises to supplement?

for that matter, is that enough to give my entire lower body a good workout? My legs are usually worn out afterwards so I think I’m getting enough use out of the muscles

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Youre feeling more muscle fatigue than you are feeling muscle growth. Lifting tears your muscles and causes growth. Youre getting a good cardio workout but as for muscle building no. Look at pro cyclists, they dont even have jacked legs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Youre feeling more muscle fatigue than you are feeling muscle growth. Lifting tears your muscles and causes growth. Youre getting a good cardio workout but as for muscle building no. Look at pro cyclists, they dont even have jacked legs.

Depends which form of cycling they do

Homsar

I don't know if there is a thread for physical therapy but I'm getting very annoyed with shit going on with my body.

Essentially I broke my my fibula, fractured my Tibia dislocated my ankle and broke/fractured a back rib.

Now from sitting and laying for 3+weeks now my entire lower back is in crazy amount of pain more than anything.

Will getting a massage gun or anything help? I hang do any exercises lower or upper pretty much

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
bike ppl i know nothing about bikes, decided we needed a bike in our home gym, i wanted a smart trainer

i was just gonna get a nordic track smart trainer but it has very poor compatibility with any of the programs, so i got this
5d762f805d77abe2f2a031dae897f642.png

and the cheapest road bike on amazon
000d1496538e8c782d854f1ba52965db.png

(i'm never gonna ride it)

i'll be using either zwift or rouvy or both, help?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
We already have a couple bikes we really like, so we just wanted something to use them indoors in the winter. We have this:

It's fantastic and I recommend it to anyone looking for an indoor trainer without spending a huge amount of money.
- It's pretty quiet. It makes noise, but not much. We can watch TV while using it without cranking up the volume. We have it in our basement directly under the baby's room and it's never caused him to even stir.
- It's portable. We don't have a ton of space, so it's great that this can be collapsed down and shoved against the wall when we want to use the room for other things. It takes about 30 seconds to pop the bike off and collapse it down. Setting it back up is just as easy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
We already have a couple bikes we really like, so we just wanted something to use them indoors in the winter. We have this:

It's fantastic and I recommend it to anyone looking for an indoor trainer without spending a huge amount of money.
- It's pretty quiet. It makes noise, but not much. We can watch TV while using it without cranking up the volume. We have it in our basement directly under the baby's room and it's never caused him to even stir.
- It's portable. We don't have a ton of space, so it's great that this can be collapsed down and shoved against the wall when we want to use the room for other things. It takes about 30 seconds to pop the bike off and collapse it down. Setting it back up is just as easy.
since you know about bikes and have a trainer stand too, can you tell me if this is simple to do for a person w/ 0/10 bike skill? (i won't say i'm mechanically inept, i've done all my house repair and car repair apart from rebuilding a cvt, i just have never touched a bike)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if there is a thread for physical therapy but I'm getting very annoyed with shit going on with my body.

Essentially I broke my my fibula, fractured my Tibia dislocated my ankle and broke/fractured a back rib.

Now from sitting and laying for 3+weeks now my entire lower back is in crazy amount of pain more than anything.

Will getting a massage gun or anything help? I hang do any exercises lower or upper pretty much
Look up McKenzie Method workouts and stretches for your lower back. They actually help. Just laying on your stomach and propping yourself on your elbows, and arching your head and back up just a bit really helps to move discs into better position.

• 1Like

Homsar

Look up McKenzie Method workouts and stretches for your lower back. They actually help. Just laying on your stomach and propping yourself on your elbows, and arching your head and back up just a bit really helps to move discs into better position.
Will look into it

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jre has this knees over toes guy on

so i ordered his book and i'm gonna get a sled and i ordered cement molds for weights (this is gonna be in my backyard and i don't want real weights to rust, so why not just make weights)

i really appreciate that he came to the podcast super prepared, he pre uploaded 6 instagram videos giving more info and heres that too

oh heres the link to the book if you want it too, Knee Ability Zero Paperback – November 1, 2021

anyone heard about this dude?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
jre has this knees over toes guy on

so i ordered his book and i'm gonna get a sled and i ordered cement molds for weights (this is gonna be in my backyard and i don't want real weights to rust, so why not just make weights)

i really appreciate that he came to the podcast super prepared, he pre uploaded 6 instagram videos giving more info and heres that too

oh heres the link to the book if you want it too, Knee Ability Zero Paperback – November 1, 2021

anyone heard about this dude?
I watch his YouTube

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Penalty Penalty

Ask here about muscle gain, not the cuck weight loss thread

Any advice for putting on muscle? I went from 220lbs of a fat pos to 150lbs in the last year. 6ft for reference. I thought I'd be happy once I got skinny but in reality in a bony skeleton who is weak as shit. So.. time to hit the weights I guess.

2400 as a TDEE for 150lbs and 6ft is not that high. As a comparison, at 5'11 and 155-165lbs, working out 5x a week and doing 15k steps a day my TDEE is probably around 3k-3200

Since the start of this year I've gone from dieting to photoshoot levels of body fat to increasing calories with the aim of getting stronger and adding muscle. I started at 2400 and have increased week on week to 2700 and I'm still not gaining weight - so far the only weight gain has been glycogen/water weight, and that's by dropping down to 4 workouts a week and only aiming for 10k steps a day (some days do 8k, some days do 12k+) but I don't beat myself up over not hitting 10k.

If you want to gain muscle, in order of importance, you need calories, protein, carbs and you need a good program with the aim of progressive overload. I'm using Lyle Mcdonalds generic bulking routine.

My macros are 190g protein, 292g carbs and 90g of fat, but I will keep increasing until I hit the desired rate of weight gain per week.

Also, you will gain body fat at the same time as muscle. Trying to eke out the smallest calorie surplus in order to minimise fat gain is only going to slow your progress down. The key is to increase cals to aim for 1%-1.5% of body weight per month.

If you are uber skinny with little body fat then you can be fairly aggressive from the start.

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I remember looking at beginner weightlifting programs and the synthesis I took from them is squat every minute of every day of your life until the sun burns to a husk.

About a year and a half later my OHP is at 140 and my squats are at 490, send prayers

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So if the gym you went to encouraged you to wipe down equipment after use, would you do it for this?

881A4C18-7BB6-4D3C-99B8-2724802DD817.png

I usually do but today I didn’t and someone went out of their way to ask me to come back and do it

if the only contact points of equipment are hands and knees, I don’t see why it’s a big deal: can’t remember the last time I saw someone go out of their way to wipe down dumbbells or a bar bell or handles on a pulley system

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'd only wipe it down if I did it late in my workout and dripped sweat on it. But I also wouldn't go Karen on someone who didn't

• 1Like

Animosity

I usually wipe down most the time weather it’s sweaty or not. It annoys me if some sweat fat hog doesn’t wipe down but I’ll never comment on it. I’d tell that loser to shut up.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So if the gym you went to encouraged you to wipe down equipment after use, would you do it for this?

View attachment 395976
I usually do but today I didn’t and someone went out of their way to ask me to come back and do it

if the only contact points of equipment are hands and knees, I don’t see why it’s a big deal: can’t remember the last time I saw someone go out of their way to wipe down dumbbells or a bar bell or handles on a pulley system

Probably just to shame you for having to use the counterweight

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users