Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
So what does everyone take pre/post workout?

Right now I am not taking a pre workout stim (may change in the future). During my workout I drink BCAAs (Extend) and afterwards I always do a protein shake with organic 1% milk.

Previously, when I was at my biggest I took RPM pre workout... and I'm not sure I can deal with the raging boners or jitters again.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I used superpump and NO Explode for the longest time, because those were the 2 the snackbar at my gym offered. They worked good for awhile as I'd swap back and forth, but after about 2 years I had to get something else. Not to sure of the name off the top of my head, but will look when I go tonight.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't take any pre-wo. Post I just take a whey with whole milk and BCAAs/Glutamine. I'm pretty simple lol.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I've noticed I use more leg than most people when doing deadlifts. Don't get me wrong, my lower back definitely gets a workout and I push myself to my limits, but I definitely use my legs a lot more during the lift.

I think I did it subconciously when I first started, mainly because I was scared of lower back injury.

Anything wrong with using a bit more legs?
Most people use too much back, so you may be actually doing it perfect. If you're using too much leg, you will have to push the bar out as it goes over your knee. The bar takes a kind of curved path up. If you're not getting that problem, if the bar is going in a straight line up and down, you're probably doing it just fine.

So what does everyone take pre/post workout?

Right now I am not taking a pre workout stim (may change in the future). During my workout I drink BCAAs (Extend) and afterwards I always do a protein shake with organic 1% milk.

Previously, when I was at my biggest I took RPM pre workout... and I'm not sure I can deal with the raging boners or jitters again.
Jack3D is the godliest thing ever. I credit at least 50% of my progress to that alone. The old formula, that is. The new version gets rid of the DMAA which seems to make it useless.

I used to use NO xplode. There is no contest. Jack3D rapes it. allstarhealth still has the old formula, and it's only like $24 a can.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I've been usingCrazelately as a pre-workout stim. It's gives me great focus and energy whilst working out but a mad headache afterwards. Might stop using it soon but maybe it's just me

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Jack3D is the godliest thing ever. I credit at least 50% of my progress to that alone. The old formula, that is. The new version gets rid of the DMAA which seems to make it useless.

I used to use NO xplode. There is no contest. Jack3D rapes it. allstarhealth still has the old formula, and it's only like $24 a can.
http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/usp_labs-jack3d.htm

This the old formula? I teach athletic PE for 3 hours daily, but with all of the responsibilities I have taken on at the school (head football coach, head wrestling coach, assistant track coach), I find it hard to find the energy to lift as well as keep the kids focused on the task at hand. This would be amazing for me.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Yep that's it.

There are no "I don't feel like going to the gym" days when you have that stuff. You are tired and unmotivated, just take a scoop and stay off your couch for 10 minutes and you'll be bouncing up and down ready to go.

Fuckin' Geraniums!
tongue.png

tongue.png

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Time to order myself a couple tubs!

And Lemon Lime + Orange Ice are mine!

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I remember meatheads in college always talking about "SuperDump." I always wondered if it was true, but I've never tried it.

My friend wanted me to stack SizeOn and SuperPump but I never did.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
My philosophy is if the FDA isn't sending out warnings to manufacturers and linking the product to two dead people, the supplement is for pussies.

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Clear shot as my preworkout. PA always offer quality products not to mention always ahead of the supplement game a long before anyone 'discovers' them.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I remember meatheads in college always talking about "SuperDump." I always wondered if it was true, but I've never tried it.

My friend wanted me to stack SizeOn and SuperPump but I never did.
It will definitely provide a super dump the first couple of times you take it. You basically piss out of your ass violently.

For hard gainers: I just took a bottle of Chaotic Labz Mayhem. It basically makes you hungry 24/7 and help you put on weight; afaik it's not a pro-hormone.
I went from 165-181 with all lifts going up substantially in about a month and a half.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Lots of text about recent experiences and habits:

Started seeing a trainer at our local gym about 10 weeks ago. Going three days a week at 6am, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. On Mondays and Thursday I do Yoga in the afternoons. Think I'm the worlds worst morning person and hate to admit that I'm loving the morning workouts. Gym is empty, roads are empty, and get a boost of energy to start the work day. Thursday is a long day with 6am weights, work all day, then 6pm Yoga. Main goal was to gain weight. I'm 5' 8.5" and started off about 139 - 142 lbs. Now I'm a pretty steady 150 lbs. So about 10 lbs in 10 weeks. Would probably like another 5 - 10 lbs and settle in to a comfortable, maintainable weight.

Basically let the trainer take care of the 'program' or what our morning routine will be. Some weeks it is pull day and push day, some it is front and back day. We also do circuits or tabata, and he's started to incorporate a little more cardio, but really only once a week. We also do not do much isolated bicep or tricep, which is fine with me. I'm seeing gains in strength and size regardless. Stabilizing the higher weights (dumb bell) on squats, flat bench, fly, etc... tends to work my arms at this point anyways. Oh he also sprinkles in abs / obliques at the end of the workout. We'll do hanging leg raise, planche stuff, and other fun things. He is extremely focused on correct form in every exercise. Always provides an example before the movement and helps me focus on where the effort should be coming from. Really makes a difference and is appreciated.

Been wearing a heart rate monitor during workouts to track calories burned. He's been on my case about eating enough, which has honestly been the hardest part of the last two months. I've started tracking everything with the MyFitnessPal app on my phone and website. If I had to guess, prior to tracking and working out, I was probably averaging about 1600 - 1800 calories a day, and was doing Yoga twice a week and some light running other days. Now I have been trying to net about 2300 a day. Typical morning workouts are probably a little over 600 calories burned in 50 - 60 minutes. Thursdays with Yoga it is a little over 300 in 60 minutes. It took me about a month to learn how, but now it isn't too bad to hit 2800 - 3200 calories a day depending on what was burned. Wake up at 4:45 and eat a decent sized breakfast at 5:00 - 5:15, so about an hour before working out. Protein shake after workout. Small snack at about 10:30 and then lunch is a PITA because there's nothing but trash around the office. Really considering bringing my own in. Probably have another small snack around 3:30 - 4:00. For dinner my fianc? and I have been usingeMealsfor the last year+. We switched the the Paleo diet for two about 4 months ago. We do home cooked meals each night, with lots of variety, for about $70 a week in groceries. Usually we veto two meals and only end up cooking 5, it's hard to cook when we get home from yoga at 7:30pm.

tl;dr: Loving the last two months, gained about 10 lbs and have noticed gains in body. Eating habit was probably the hardest part. Would like to gain a little more and then maintain.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Days like today I am thankful I have a place to blow off steam. Nothing like weights to take the edge off...

Whatwhat_sl

shitlord
Dabamf, you sure it's a good idea to do squats? If your knees are fucked up, squats have a much greater likelihood to re injure them than to actually strengthen them. There are safer ways to strengthen the muscles around than knees. Squats fuck people up, and aren't necessary. At least from all I've experienced and gathered from others. Seems a bunch of top dudes are saying the same thing nowadays. Or maybe I'm just stupid (HIGH PROBABILITY).

Come join the pussy brigade on leg machines. We may look like pansies using them, but we get results.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Squat till you drop!

I do deadlifts and squats same day, then another day of legs and MORE SQUATS.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any of you guys ever do the Stillman diet? I was thinking about trying it for a few weeks. I've been eating like shit and want to drop a few fast..

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think I'm the worlds worst morning person and hate to admit that I'm loving the morning workouts. Gym is empty, roads are empty, and get a boost of energy to start the work day.
Enjoy it while you can. January is going to be a motherfucker. I always hated going to the gym for the first 4-6 weeks of the new year. Everyone and their god damn resolutions. Don't worry though, by mid-February they'll all be gone. Guaranteed.