Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I doubt that was all through body weight only (he also uses chains in the video, does bench press, dips with belt, etc, which obviously makes it not body weight...

Using body weight only your body will pretty quickly get used to the stresses your body can provide...and then stall out.
WHAT

Falkensyn_sl

shitlord
Generally, progressional load in bodyweight exercises is achieved by manipulating leverage. There is, of course, a point where you can no longer manipulate leverage any further, but that is way further than most of us will achieve with or without weights. Having said that, weight training does yield faster strength and mass gain. With weights it's a lot easier to progressively increase load, you can isolate and target specific muscles for growth a lot easier (most BW stuff is by default compound exercises with a large core component) and there's little to no "skill" component. You want to work on handstand push-ups? Shit's hard if you can't already do a stable handstand for 30-60s, no matter how strong your traps and shoulder girdle are.

I switched to a gymnastic based workout routine for my antagonists to supplement rock climbing, and even though I'm progressing a lot slower and feel a lot weaker than I did with weights, it's a much more fun and rewarding experience imo.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Any of use guys use No X-plode or similar products and what's rerolleds general consensus for that type of product? I used it a lot 10 years ago but now it doesn't seem to give me the energy boost I remember 10 years ago. Now I just get a tingly feeling in my arms. I'm wondering if a active ingredient got banned since I used it last.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I was using No X-plode a good deal in the Spring. It is definitely effective, but if I hit it too hard I always ended up getting really queasy. People react differently to different products - I actually really like Cellucors C4. What I'm using now, and it tastes good and no side effects (yet).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
C4 was definitely my favorite out of X-plode and umm D3? Or whatever that one was called. But my body really doesn't like them. Almost even the smallest bit makes me nauseous so I completely stopped.

kudos

<Banned>
Haha, I'd imagine removing the cart would actually make decent cardio.

On a side note, how do you guys feel about body weight routines? This guys gets a lot of love from CT Fletcher:

He's strong but most of his physique is from low body fat. His muscles aren't huge or anything. Bruce Lee had the same thing going and he did light-medium weight/high rep mostly.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Any of use guys use No X-plode or similar products and what's rerolleds general consensus for that type of product? I used it a lot 10 years ago but now it doesn't seem to give me the energy boost I remember 10 years ago. Now I just get a tingly feeling in my arms. I'm wondering if a active ingredient got banned since I used it last.
It mostly depends on whether you can afford it. For the most part, it's just expensive caffeine. Beta alenine is what causes your skin to feel tingly.

In general, I say it's a giant waste of money. But I still use pre workouts anyway. I used to reason it as even if it's not doing much, there's enough of an effect there that the 50 cents or whatever it costs is worth it, even if that's just a placebo effect. I use them now basically because I'm fucking exhausted after work and I'd never have the energy to go otherwise. I could definitely just pop a few caffeine pills instead, but I still like taking the pre workout anyway.

I've been usingWhite Floodfor several years now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My brother used NO X-plode and had to go to the hospital for some heart issues. They weren't sure but said it contributed to it.

I found the best pre-supplement for me was always caffeine.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was he taking anything else with it? Cause NO doesn't mix well with other supplements from what I've noticed.

So with work and school and hectic life, I haven't been lifting during the week. I basically do chest, tris, shoulders on Saturday and back, bis, legs on Sunday and the whole week off? You guys think my body can adapt and I can make gains like this? I have to say, my shoulders are dead by the end of Saturday and my standing OHP went from 135 for 12 to like 95 for 5, just because of physical exhaustion (and you use your delts and shit a lot during chest press, etc).

What you guys think? I just need to sack up and go to the gym at 6 am?

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I never felt like I got as good of results doing chest/tris(especially with shoulders thrown in) or back/bis on the same day. I love to hit bis/tris on their own without being partly worn out already. Maybe try something like chest/back saturday, shoulders/arms/legs sunday if you want to fit it in 2 days and want your shoulders to be fresher. This could be terrible advice so take it with a grain of salt, its been awhile.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know, I do the same. Chest/Biceps, and Shoulders/Triceps.

Although, if I do shit out of order, the amount I can lift plummets. That only really happens on Shoulder/Triceps day though, if the power cages are both occupied. I normally do military press then close grip bench. If I switch, my military press goes to shit.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You really should have a separate arm day. You get a much better workout. No one that I know groups those together is anywhere near me on strength and size.

My goal of my bench 10x 405 is done. Just isn't going to happen without some help, which I just wont do. Kinda depressing.

Also, heads up. Creatine and high blood pressure. So my BP is usually around 140/80 on 3 meds. I stopped the Creatine cycle for the 30 days, and within a week. My BP is 110/65 on the meds. Makes sense, since my BP meds make you piss a bazillion times a day, and Creatine wants you to retain water.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
So I'm going to get serious about getting enough protein. I'm thinking:

1 scoop whey and 1 scoop casein in the morning- fast digesting to get protein to body ASAP and casein for slow digesting protein through part of the day

Work out days - 1 scoop whey post workout

1 scoop casein before bed.

I'm a little concerned that 3-4 scoops protein is a bit much daily but I don't have a lot of time to get high quality natural protein sources that much. Thoughts?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doesn't matter, just hit your macros. Obviously food is better, but such is life, do what you need to.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Make sure you drink a bunch of water for the sake of your kidneys. Your body doesn't know the difference from protein sources, just make sure you're getting all your micro's since you're not getting as much whole food.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm in San Diego for 2 weeks and it has made me appreciate my gym so much more. I normally work out at the base gym. It's tiny, but it has 2 power racks and 2 bench presses (along with 2 regular flat benches). Everything is incredibly packed into a small room, but overall it works. Did I mention it's free?

I went to the Gold's Gym in Point Loma and to start with, it was like $35 for a week guest membership. That's fucking ridiculous, but whatever, it's $5 a day (even though I go 4 times a week) so...fine. They split their free weights into an indoor and outdoor area, which I suppose it kind of neat. But they've got 1 power rack outside, and a squat rack inside. That's it. This place is absolutely fucking PACKED too. I'd say it's probably got at least 5-10 times as many people as my tiny ass gym, and basically the same amount of equipment (they've got a ton of machines and cardio shit though).

Today was my deadlift day, and the chick at the front said the only place to do them was outside since they have bumper plates. Ok, that's cool...my gym doesn't have bumper plates at all. I started putting weights on and realized they only have 1 set of 45's. Fine, so I start putting all the 35's on. Then the 25's. I basically used all but 40 pounds of their bumper plates and it got me up to 375 (did sets at 380). How is it a gym that large can only go up to 415 lbs? Fucking retarded (they told me not to use 45's with the bumpers, and the extra 40's probably wouldn't fit anyway).

I will say the chicks there were banging fucking hot. I don't know if they all had implants or what, but the tits there were all very large.

That was a lot of rambling about nothing, but mostly I just can't believe how such a large gym can have such shit equipment. I swear one day I'm going to open a gym with like a row of 5-6 power racks.

Renault

N00b
I will say the chicks there were banging fucking hot. I don't know if they all had implants or what, but the tits there were all very large.
Welcome to SoCal. There's just as many unattractive girls but the quantity of either naturally hot or surgery enhanced chicks is pretty ridiculous.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm in San Diego for 2 weeks and it has made me appreciate my gym so much more. I normally work out at the base gym. It's tiny, but it has 2 power racks and 2 bench presses (along with 2 regular flat benches). Everything is incredibly packed into a small room, but overall it works. Did I mention it's free?

I went to the Gold's Gym in Point Loma and to start with, it was like $35 for a week guest membership. That's fucking ridiculous, but whatever, it's $5 a day (even though I go 4 times a week) so...fine. They split their free weights into an indoor and outdoor area, which I suppose it kind of neat. But they've got 1 power rack outside, and a squat rack inside. That's it. This place is absolutely fucking PACKED too. I'd say it's probably got at least 5-10 times as many people as my tiny ass gym, and basically the same amount of equipment (they've got a ton of machines and cardio shit though).

Today was my deadlift day, and the chick at the front said the only place to do them was outside since they have bumper plates. Ok, that's cool...my gym doesn't have bumper plates at all. I started putting weights on and realized they only have 1 set of 45's. Fine, so I start putting all the 35's on. Then the 25's. I basically used all but 40 pounds of their bumper plates and it got me up to 375 (did sets at 380). How is it a gym that large can only go up to 415 lbs? Fucking retarded (they told me not to use 45's with the bumpers, and the extra 40's probably wouldn't fit anyway).

That was a lot of rambling about nothing, but mostly I just can't believe how such a large gym can have such shit equipment. I swear one day I'm going to open a gym with like a row of 5-6 power racks.
And I would sign up for it.