Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
?79 instead of ?349, I get all the tests under the yellow dot.

rrr_img_95032.png

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Lung age? Nifty. A little tip to determine (as well as improve) your lung function at the home: exhale completely and then take a long slow inhale, for as long as you can. Then hold it for 10 seconds. Another test is by inhaling and then doing an exhale as fast as possible, as hard as possible (forced expiratory). These are what we use to test pulmonary function in the hospital.

Let us know the results. I think that's a pretty sweet list of things to get, hah.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Compression is a tricky thing. In some cases it's definitely needed, and is great for allowing an injury to heal properly. The problem starts when you are healed and keep using compression despite no longer needing it. It can actually create what are basically artificial insertions, by keeping tendons and ligaments shortened due to the compression. Compression devices like those used to treat golf and tennis elbows (with the hard plastic cup) are particularly bad in that regard.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ossoi, that's fucking awesome man. Nice find.

Lyrical, you're fat. Sorry to tell you, but that gut is massive and if you don't think you're overweight you have whatever the opposite of body dysmorphia is. I'm not saying there's no muscle, in fact there seems to be plenty. A cut down to 180 pounds or so would do you well.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Ossoi, that's fucking awesome man. Nice find.

Lyrical, you're fat. Sorry to tell you, but that gut is massive and if you don't think you're overweight you have whatever the opposite of body dysmorphia is. I'm not saying there's no muscle, in fact there seems to be plenty. A cut down to 180 pounds or so would do you well.
That's the problem with living in the south haha -- Lyrical is probably slimmer than 2/3rd the people down here. Go compare 5'10 250lb to any height/weight chart and, wtf, no, that can't be right. All muscle, baby!

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I did my clubs 90 day challenge I figured I would share the results here. the before pic is 17.2% body fat. the after is 7.5. I won the club but not the national I made it into the top 30 but some of the guys ahead of me made amazing transformations. I took way too long to see a nutritionist. For you guys struggling all I can say is learning what to eat is at least as important as the time you spend in the gym. I am past age 50 BTW.

Sorry for the pic mods but this is Rerolled and I really do not care to see a pic of myself modified with a dick in my face (not that, that has ever happened here before)

Before: 186 pounds

After: 170 pounds

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It doesn't really make a difference, because you did a good job and likely did lose about 10% body fat, but those measurements aren't even close to accurate.

With that gut in the top picture you're at least 25% body fat. 7% is competition body fat. You'd literally be able to see the striations in your muscles that low. You're probably around 15-16% in the after. At 12%, you should be able to see abdominal definition without flexing. By 10%, you can't grab any lower abdominal fat. Below that and you're in the area where it's basically impossible to maintain for any significant amount of time.

At your age, it's probably not worth trying to get under 12%.

Greyform

Well I am not sure. They used some kind of machine that measured it and we used the same one throughout the competition at all the clubs so I figure it was fair. But everyone had doubts about the accuracy of the machines. You stood on them and held these handles and it somehow measured (estimated) your body fat. So I am not going to vouch for the numbers accuracy.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah you're not 7%. Like Elurin said, closer to 15-16% as I don't see any abdominal definition, although it does vary from person to person. I know I'm probably 13-14% as I have a six pack as long as I don't bloat myself, looking to get down to 10% by August (lol).

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I am not sure. They used some kind of machine that measured it and we used the same one throughout the competition at all the clubs so I figure it was fair. But everyone had doubts about the accuracy of the machines. You stood on them and held these handles and it somehow measured (estimated) your body fat. So I am not going to vouch for the numbers accuracy.
Oh, I know what you're talking about. Those things are highly inaccurate lol.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Just don't get caught up in the particular numbers, you look great and that is a huge transformation in 90 days. Grats.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Our exercise/phys lab had a Bod Pod, that's the way to go if there is somewhere near you that has one. Its what they use for the NFL Combine since forever, and they are highly accurate.

Bod_Pod3

Greyform

I'm with the guys above I really do not care about the numbers. I do want abs though so that's been my goal since the challenge ended. I bench and squat a ton (not going into max numbers if I can ever video it I will) but I really was not doing a lot of ab work because my trainer pretty much nixed all the one I knew since he said they were actually bad for my back. So doing more medicine ball stuff. being from MN I still have time before it's beach weather. My biggest problem is eating the amount of protein I am supposed to. Well that and I freaking love frozen yogurt...

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The numbers actually don't matter. As long as you use the same measuring device under consistent conditions, that's kind of where their worth comes in. So if it says you're 30% and you're really 20%, and then you drop down to 25% and it says 15%, it's pretty insignificant. It just gives you a bad starting number.

I just wanted to make sure you didn't really think you were 7%, because that's an insane number. Adjusting your weight in the 14%+ range is pretty simple (despite the world telling everyone that dieting is hard). But when you start going below 12% it becomes incredibly difficult.

I've been able to drop 1.5 pounds a week for the last month with no issues, and I'm hovering around 12% right now. Shit's really easy if you can just track your calories accurately. I've done the 12-18% range twice now, up and down, and it's really just calorie manipulation.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did the same myself, but will probably never go above 15% again unless I really destroy myself on a prolonged vacation.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm with the guys above I really do not care about the numbers. I do want abs though so that's been my goal since the challenge ended. I bench and squat a ton (not going into max numbers if I can ever video it I will) but I really was not doing a lot of ab work because my trainer pretty much nixed all the one I knew since he said they were actually bad for my back. So doing more medicine ball stuff. being from MN I still have time before it's beach weather. My biggest problem is eating the amount of protein I am supposed to. Well that and I freaking love frozen yogurt...
Just a note here, but doing abdominal stuff will only really make your abs look better once you can actually see them. The bigger/more toned your abs are under the fat just means the fat layer sticks out that much more and makes it look like you have a gut. Just keep lowering your bodyfat percentage and they'll probably start showing up. You can't really target the abs specifically as an area where you want to lose the fat, so just do whatever you are doing and you'll see them soon enough. Good job, man.