Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Is it only the shoulder? As in the rest of the arm is complately fine?
Arm is fine. Took some Motrin and the numbness disappeared. Came right back after the pills wore off though. The soonest they can squeeze me in is later this month. In the meantime I have skipped the gym this week. maybe I am over doing it.

Different subject. My gym buddy took the 50+ (think that's the age) natty amateurs in Rhode Island. Now has gone pro. Dude busted his ass. My goal is this guy.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My gym got here ahead of schedule. The Rogue Ohio Power Bar has someseriousknurling on it. The reviews I read that said it was like sandpaper are pretty much dead on. I haven't lifted with it yet (just got it 5 min ago), but I can't say I've ever seen a bar that grips so well before.

I'll probably have to start deadlifting again just to try it out. It will definitely call for some high socks or pants though, as I'm pretty sure my shins will be gone if I didn't.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
My gym got here ahead of schedule. The Rogue Ohio Power Bar has someseriousknurling on it. The reviews I read that said it was like sandpaper are pretty much dead on. I haven't lifted with it yet (just got it 5 min ago), but I can't say I've ever seen a bar that grips so well before.

I'll probably have to start deadlifting again just to try it out. It will definitely call for some high socks or pants though, as I'm pretty sure my shins will be gone if I didn't.
Can't wait to see your calluses ripped the fuck open!

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
I used to not cut my calluses, then one day while doing barbell shrugs one of them tore and bled all over the bar and floor. Never again.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wear gloves when lifting. Still gives me plenty of grip and also negates having sweat on my palms etc. when picking stuff up. Also I don't want to toss chalk around my apartment, so there's that.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why do you have so many fucking negs? I mean I hated you when we played EQ, but I didn't hate you THAT much.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone have any suggestions on jeans not made for normals? My waist is too thin and thighs too large. I was using a brand from American Eagle, but apparently the new batch, the thighs are made smaller now. So when I wear jeans, they hang off my waist, but I can't lift my legs more than a few inches because there's not a enough thigh room.

rrr_img_133644.jpg

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have any suggestions on jeans not made for normals? My waist is too thin and thighs too large. I was using a brand from American Eagle, but apparently the new batch, the thighs are made smaller now. So when I wear jeans, they hang off my waist, but I can't lift my legs more than a few inches because there's not a enough thigh room.

rrr_img_133644.jpg
This sounds gay, but I bought a pair of stretch denim. Best thing I've ever done in my life.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The amount of rando shit going on at the squat rack today was infuriating.

1) Using the squat rack as an anchor for ropes
2) Using the squat rack void space to do planks
3) Standing on one leg bent over with a kettle ball
4) Horrible form crunches
5) As a social gathering zone to talk since group fitness = 10% working out 90% talking

Then once that group left someone took it over to do bicep curls. I had to use the leg press machine and I hate that machine.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The amount of rando shit going on at the squat rack today was infuriating.

1) Using the squat rack as an anchor for ropes
2) Using the squat rack void space to do planks
3) Standing on one leg bent over with a kettle ball
4) Horrible form crunches
5) As a social gathering zone to talk since group fitness = 10% working out 90% talking

Then once that group left someone took it over to do bicep curls. I had to use the leg press machine and I hate that machine.
At one gym I worked out, I had a guy bring in his wife and three daughters, and sit on the power rack an hour, doing deadlifts with just the bar. I remember, I asked him if I could use it to squat my 495 for reps, and he told me no. Most gyms, you'll be kicked out for using the power rack for non-power rack stuff, if someone complains. I didn't want to be "that guy."