Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Ahhhh man I tell you guys what, Im back in the routine, and theres nothing quite like coming home from a grueling leg workout and treating yourself to a medium rare 16oz steak w/ sweet taters.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I feel like Brahma, I had some dude spot me on militaries, and he tries to make me rack the bar after the first rep of 225. He absolutely lost his shit thinking I was going to wipe, going down to the middle of my Adam's apple. it kind of ruined the set, but I did three reps, no pain.
Do standing you pussy.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
You both either suck at tightening your glutes/abs/lats or you're falling apart.
I've never like standing military presses, even when I was younger. I've only done them at gyms where there was no military press bench. How can I work my shoulders to the max, if I'm worried about my lower back giving out?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I've never like standing military presses, even when I was younger. I've only done them at gyms where there was no military press bench. How can I work my shoulders to the max, if I'm worried about my lower back giving out?
Dont you deadlift a fuckton? Shouldnt be an issue i wouldnt think if your keeping up with everything. I only do standing press (up to 185x5) but i deadlift once a week so havnt had any issues and im pretty happy with how my shoulders look and feel. Maybe i aughta trade out every other week for a while and see how it feels putting up some more weight.

I do a lot more shoulder work after presses though so maybe not killing them is a good thing.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Dont you deadlift a fuckton? Shouldnt be an issue i wouldnt think if your keeping up with everything. I only do standing press (up to 185x5) but i deadlift once a week so havnt had any issues and im pretty happy with how my shoulders look and feel. Maybe i aughta trade out every other week for a while and see how it feels putting up some more weight.

I do a lot more shoulder work after presses though so maybe not killing them is a good thing.
It's a lot easier when you have a spine

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly sounds like you might be using too much weight my friend. Also, ohp is a compound movement, not an isolation movement, so something will fatigue before something else eventually. How often does your chest tire out before your shoulders or triceps on bench press? Same thing.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dont you deadlift a fuckton?
Back when I was powerlifting, my lower back couldn't handle any more stress than it was getting. I've removed deadlifts from my routine, but I'm still heavy squatting and doing lots of heavy back row exercises. I'll stick to my seated overhead press, and I won't lose any sleep over that.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Back when I was powerlifting, my lower back couldn't handle any more stress than it was getting. I've removed deadlifts from my routine, but I'm still heavy squatting and doing lots of heavy back row exercises. I'll stick to my seated overhead press, and I won't lose any sleep over that.
Press aside, why remove deadlifts entirely? Why not just max out at say 225 once a week?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Or just sumo and remove all lower back strain.
smile.png

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Press aside, why remove deadlifts entirely? Why not just max out at say 225 once a week?
I have always been, and will always be an all-or-nothing type of personality. I can't even get motivated to go to the gym if my poundages are lightened 10%. I workout until I get wore out, and then I stop training. Besides, my lower back should be getting enough work with the heavy weights on back rows and squats. And then I have my MMA workouts. My core is getting enough work.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I have always been, and will always be an all-or-nothing type of personality. I can't even get motivated to go to the gym if my poundages are lightened 10%. I workout until I get wore out, and then I stop training. Besides, my lower back should be getting enough work with the heavy weights on back rows and squats. And then I have my MMA workouts. My core is getting enough work.
Whatever works. I couldn't imagine leaving out one of the big three compound exercises.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I go for long stretches without deadlifting. I'm cutting right now, if I deadlift I'll be dead for like 2 days.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Soooo. New diet. Lemme tell you my strength has been sapped. SAPPED. Like a mutha fucker. Yesterday was shoulder day. On the seated should press machine I can usually throw up 400lbs plus. Yesterday, I got stalled on 375 on the 3rd rep. Shrugs are usually 495lbs x10 on that last rep. Could not even get ONE rep.

I need to figure out what is more important to me. Being a big dog, or looking cute in that new shirt.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Soooo. New diet. Lemme tell you my strength has been sapped. SAPPED. Like a mutha fucker. Yesterday was shoulder day. On the seated should press machine I can usually throw up 400lbs plus. Yesterday, I got stalled on 375 on the 3rd rep. Shrugs are usually 495lbs x10 on that last rep. Could not even get ONE rep.

I need to figure out what is more important to me. Being a big dog, or looking cute in that new shirt.
Now, take my advice at face value. Are you a furniture mover? Do you fight professional MMA? No? Then who gives a fuck how strong you are.

Chicks dont care. Other guys don't care unless they are homos. It comes in handy every now and then to be really strong, but you know what else comes in handy? Not dying of congestive heart failure.

Chicks do care about looking cute in a shirt.