Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
So my body is falling apart and I'm in a deficit so I've decided to take a prolonged break from powerlifting. Plus, my progress has come to a complete standstill, thinking I need to build a bigger frame before I start trying to move 400+ pounds on my back. Basically I can't get past 385 squat and a 275 bench. I've been doing this for about a year straight with no hypertrophy blocks so I think a change is necessary at this point.
Get lean forget about picking up heavy things doing damage to your body for no reward. Slay pussy. Enjoy the summer.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
6'0, 206-8, prob 13-14%

I was 222 last month which is probably playing a huge role in why everything is so god damn heavy right now.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Unless you're intending to be a competitive power lifter or something, your numbers are fine and I would just enjoy being in shape.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah like I said, I'm taking a break. I have goals that I'd like to achieve (405/315/495) but they can go on the backburner for a bit.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
6'0, 206-8, prob 13-14%

I was 222 last month which is probably playing a huge role in why everything is so god damn heavy right now.
As I said like a month ago, you'd have problems with such a rapid weight loss. If you increased your calories, you'd see it come back in a couple of weeks. Anyone can drop weight (fat and muscle), but it takes patience if you just want to drop fat. Think losing 1 to 1.5 pounds a week safely.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Losing 1-1.5lbs a week at 14% body fat would feel like a living nightmare.
He dropped four pounds a week, and it's almost impossible to keep that to just muscle, unless you are taking PED's. He's complaining about not be able to move the weight he was. Guys look at professional bodybuilders who can drop that much, and forget they are on 5-10 different drugs to spare muscle.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Get lean forget about picking up heavy things doing damage to your body for no reward. Slay pussy. Enjoy the summer.
This is pretty much where I decided to be after a couple injuries and a lifetime of a fucked up back. Plus Florida is like fish in a barrel.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
I'm coming to this conclusion as well. I'm 40 now and lifting heavy is really just making my body cranky. I don't want to get so strict on diet and supplementation that it takes over.

I am about to transition to a compound movement only program with medium weights. Just want to maintain. For the record I am 5'11" and 195. I bench in the 345 range if I choose to max with is very rare. Squats I usually stop going up around 315-345, never really do less than 8 reps of leg lifts never less than 10 on calves.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
He dropped four pounds a week, and it's almost impossible to keep that to just muscle, unless you are taking PED's. He's complaining about not be able to move the weight he was. Guys look at professional bodybuilders who can drop that much, and forget they are on 5-10 different drugs to spare muscle.
Like I said, summer came sooner than I expected! Looking good for summer is more important than my strength right now. I know it will come back, I'm just venting.

This ain't my first rodeo! But cutting a pound or less a week is horrible. Probably doing metabolic damage but... abs!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So I have been dieting for almost 2 months now (Atkins). Lost about 25 pounds thus far. One thing I may have mentioned in earlier posts is that my strength had fallen waaaaay off. IE: Pre diet, Flat Bench 315lbs x10. Current diet 315lbs x6 2 weeks ago. I went to bench last Thursday and I was up to 9 reps on that 315lbs. So my strength is returning and I am keeping the weight off.

What I wanted to let cats know, is that it took me almost a full two months to notice my strength returning while on this diet.

Today is chest again, and I will post again how I did.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's normal Brah. I was 222 last month, 206 yesterday (I'd say 5 weeks of cutting, possibly 6? I really don't remember) and pulling 315 was a bitch, squatting 275 was a nightmare.

Ripped 405 off the ground and squatted 315 3x3 yesterday, so your body really does need time to adjust. Your strength doesn't just dissipate, so I knew it was a matter of time before I felt normal again.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Has anyone used Clen/T3? I was offered this and told it's as safe as it gets. It's in liquid form for both.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone used Clen/T3? I was offered this and told it's as safe as it gets. It's in liquid form for both.
Taking heavy stimulants and thyroid hormones does not sound like a good idea on its face. If you take T3 it'll probably jack up your natural thyroid production for a while until you wean off.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is he on thyroid medication? Yeah if you're already on medication I wouldn't take ANYTHING.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
I have a good friend who always offers me, in his words, "safe steroids that have no side effects besides it makes you want to fuck all of the time". Hes fucking shredded and its really tempting sometimes but I worry about the side effects of taking shit like tylenol so I cant imagine how much of a hypochondriac I would turn into if I actually did. I just have to accept that Im always going to have pancake biceps and no abs no matter how hard I work

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, I just benched 500 today for the first time on the Cybex press. On the one we have, it's pretty close to regular bench (a few rep difference). I'm stoked. I just wanted to see if I could. Not bad for an old man.