Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been lifting for 25 years, with a 5 year period of sitting on my ass when work got insane. Been beating the shit out of myself for the last 2 years trying to reclaim my youth. 2 months ago I finally pulled the trigger and got a full blood workup and lo and behold, I qualified for TRT. Been on it for 5 weeks and I gained 10 lbs and lost 3% bodyfat. 43, 6'1", 225, 11% bodyfat. Life is good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Been lifting for 25 years, with a 5 year period of sitting on my ass when work got insane. Been beating the shit out of myself for the last 2 years trying to reclaim my youth. 2 months ago I finally pulled the trigger and got a full blood workup and lo and behold, I qualified for TRT. Been on it for 5 weeks and I gained 10 lbs and lost 3% bodyfat. 43, 6'1", 225, 11% bodyfat. Life is good.

Any side effects?

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
225 and 11% body fat? Holy shit you must be a fucking monster.
I'm 6'1", so I'm not that big, at least I dont see it in the mirror. 46" chest tho.
me.jpg

I suck at selfies.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any side effects?
NO negative effects. I began aromatizing more Test into Estrogen early on, which resulted in nipple sensitivity. DR upped my estro blocker and that went away. I am retaining a small amt of water tho. Otherwise, everything has been positive, muscle gain, fat loss, energy gain, mood has stabilized, sex drive up.

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyway, the reason I posted this was to tell guys around my age, if you have been consistent in the gym and you arent seeing results, your energy levels are down, somewhat depressed, sex drive in the toilet, etc....go get tested. It will change your life and you will feel 10-15 years younger.

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Feds advocates hormone therapy? Vanessa Vanessa you might be in for a treat (sorry, couldn't pass up this joke guys).

But holy shit you look ripped, escrima escrima . How old were you again?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
NO negative effects. I began aromatizing more Test into Estrogen early on, which resulted in nipple sensitivity. DR upped my estro blocker and that went away. I am retaining a small amt of water tho. Otherwise, everything has been positive, muscle gain, fat loss, energy gain, mood has stabilized, sex drive up.

once you go on TRT then you're it on for life?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I used to be hardcore into endurance sports. I did triathlons and marathons galore. Despite being a big guy. Once I hit 32 running got a LOT harder than it used to be so I stick to weights and biking more.

At 6'3 I've maintained 215-220 lbs since I was 18. Only now that I hit my 30's and started weights over nonstop cardio have I hit 235-240. Thankfully Texas is full of bike races or I'd go insane. Weights are pretty awesome to do for 5x a week morning stress relief though.

I haven't touched a weight since 2005 until... 2019... which is crazy to me.

God damn we're getting old fam.

• 1Solidarity

Wurstsalat

Silver Knight of the Realm

It's in Pre Jym and I use it.

Oh, boy...
Jim Stoppani is most likely one of the worst fitness youtubers out there. He seriously is a fucking retard.

If you want some solid information about fitness and your only source is youtube. Check out Jeff Cavaliere, Jeremy Ethier, Joe Delany, Jeff Nippard or James Linker.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I used to be hardcore into endurance sports. I did triathlons and marathons galore. Despite being a big guy. Once I hit 32 running got a LOT harder than it used to be so I stick to weights and biking more.

At 6'3 I've maintained 215-220 lbs since I was 18. Only now that I hit my 30's and started weights over nonstop cardio have I hit 235-240. Thankfully Texas is full of bike races or I'd go insane. Weights are pretty awesome to do for 5x a week morning stress relief though.

I haven't touched a weight since 2005 until... 2019... which is crazy to me.

God damn we're getting old fam.

That pretty much sums me up about 15 years ago. Hit about 32 or so, and hit a wall. I would do my daily run. Hit my bike. Play my ball. I just stopped cold turkey one year. Gained about 30 lbs...looked like shit. Started lifting. Once I hit 40 or so, the no cardio caught up, and I slowly started gaining weight.

You're getting old. I AM old...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Contrast MRI on left should tomorrow, depending on results ill go back weightlifting or surgery.