Arknights

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, it kinda depends on what your operator pool looks like. Silence is probably the best overall choice, but if you already have badass healers like Ptilopsis and Warfarin, you're better off with somebody like Projekt Red or Pramanix. If you want to drop some screenshots of your operator pool, I can make a suggestion.

Yeah I can post an updated one later. Nothing has changed that I can think of from the other one except levels and having Grani now. Can post a picture of my squad set up also.

Just finally made a strategy to Auto Deploy GT-3 so going to run this for a minute and then see if I can move past GT-4. **EDIT: Ah nice was able to Auto Deploy GT-4 now. Also went ahead and E1’d Grani.

How do you get the currency for purchasing Cuora? Think I have like 8 at the moment so she’s way too expensive for now.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I just downloaded this a few hours ago and working my way through the tutorial. Just unlocked the base building. Any tips for a newb?

Sent out a few friend requests. Mine is Vatic#8639

I don’t have any tips for you, hah! Just stumbling my way through with trial and error. Based on feedback in the thread I’ve only done enough of the story to unlock the event stages. Seems to be most suggestions are to focus there for resources. There are a few good YouTube videos that show completing content with 2* and 3* teams so don’t discount the lower star guys. I’m right now just getting the hang of the different unit types and abilities so that’s helped me do GT-4 and GT-5 today (those are the event stages). There’s a lot of overwhelming menu and tutorial stuff at first it seems. Keep in mind it is a Tower Defense game so there is micro required such as pulling out early units, replacing with higher cost, and possibly redeploys at the end for extra support.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Oops tries to edit last post with this gif but ended making a new post.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm no pro but I beat all the content using eyjaf pramanix istina exusaiai and some 3 star healers/defenders. Pramanix is soo under rated.

Question though

Worth grinding eyjafjalla tokens for potential? I'll e2 her when event is over got everything but the tokens ready

I'm assuming you mean is it worth grinding the shop vouchers for the epic caster tokens? If so, they are limited quantity. So, you can only add potential to her once from the shop. If you meant should you keep ripping open bags for Eyja, that'd take some serious fucking whaling. Captain Ahab levels of whaling. But, if you're going to do that, definitely wait for her banner.

I just downloaded this a few hours ago and working my way through the tutorial. Just unlocked the base building. Any tips for a newb?

Sent out a few friend requests. Mine is Vatic#8639

1. Definitely get your friends list full asap. You can check reddit or the Arknights discord. Plus, there are a number of people here that have posted their names - mine is SecondStage #6462, but my friend's list is full atm. This will allow you to collect friend "credits" each day. Go to your friends list and "visit" bases of other friends who have a clue exchange active (it'll give you 30 credits if they have one, repeatable x10 a day). You'll also get gifted credits at the shop each day, after reset. You can use those on shop items. You can also "save" up to 300 credits per day to carry over into the next day if there isn't much good in the shop (resets daily). Always spend down to 300 or less though, as anything over cap gets taken from you after daily reset. Doing this will get you a good headstart on material farming, LMD, exp tokens, etc. Definitely start with buying the stuff that is discounted and if you're unsure on other items, I'll link a spreadsheet that gives items sanity value. So, if you're waffling between a couple choices or don't know what to spend your credits on, this can help you.

Sanity Values

2. Start working on feeding exp/materials into around 2 of each class "role". 2x vanguard, 2x defender, 2x guard, etc. 3* are vastly underrated and some of them are extremely powerful, enough so to carry you through all current content. Obviously, higher * ratings are typically better, but don't neglect your lower rarity units, especially if that's all you have for the given role. After that, you need to start leveling more "specialized" roles like AoE damage, slowers, offensive guards, defensive guards, DP on kill vanguards, defensive vanguards, etc. If you post some screens of your team, I can give you some advice on who to start working on.

3. Start getting as far into the story as possible. Don't worry too much about 3 staring the stage yet (that'll take additional sanity that is at a premium). This will get you to unlock specific stages that'll be good for material farming later and also progress you to the point that you can have your base start generating currency while you do other shit (like work IRL). And on the topic of the base, I'd really go with 3 power plants, 4 factories, and 2 trading posts. There are some suggestions out there for a 2/5/2 strategy, but that sacrifices max level on certain buildings and also requires a ton of micro-management that I don't feel is worth it. If you're a hardcore min-maxer, you may want to look into it, however.

4. Before you recruit any units, especially while you have a ton of recruitment passes, make sure you're inputting the tags you get into this generator first. That way you know what tags generate which units. After a while, you won't need the generator much as you'll start to learn the tags. The game does a really bad job of explaining this and I let a Senior Operator tag go on my 2nd day.

PS. Last but not least, as soon as you get a solid team fully leveled, really try and do the event going on currently. Even if you can only clear the 1st or 2nd stages, the currency and materials it'll help you farm will be immensely valuable to you as a new player, even if you came into the event late and can't clear the shop. Honestly, once you can clear stages 1, 2, and/or 3, I'd spend all your sanity on that for the next week and a half or so.

If you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer them.

How do you get the currency for purchasing Cuora? Think I have like 8 at the moment so she’s way too expensive for now.

Sometimes it is given out as prizes, from events, etc. But, the main way to farm it is the AP-1-5 stages. The same area of the "combat" screen where you farm EXP tickets, LMD, base materials, etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Kirun Kirun I'd buy you a beer if I could. Thank you for the detailed explanation!

No problem at all, bro. I'm happy to answer questions as I love the game and the community surrounding it. It's strange, because I'm normally a guy who fucking loathes mobile games (mostly due to their predatory practices). However, Arknights is without a doubt the most F2P friendly mobile game I've ever played. Especially amazing consider that at its heart it's a gacha game. Hopefully that doesn't change, but everything we've seen from the CN side of the game indicates that it won't (they are many months ahead).

Oh, anther tip I'd recommend is saving your Originite Prime for the level "packs" you can buy in the shop every 5 levels (you get a "free" pack, but there is also an additional one you can purchase for OP). They are amazing value as you get an amount of Orundum equal to the OP cost, but on top of that they throw in a ton of free shit (materials, LMD, exp tickets, etc.). They are without a doubt about the only thing you should be sinking OP into as a F2P player.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Kirun has basically covered all of these but here they are in video form with on screen examples:

There’s still a ton of questions about efficiency that I’ve got but until I’ve finished story mode or need to focus on farming I’m just going to focus on the event and bank all that stuff.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There’s still a ton of questions about efficiency that I’ve got but until I’ve finished story mode or need to focus on farming I’m just going to focus on the event and bank all that stuff.

The google doc I linked covers material farming efficiencies. It tells you which stages are best to farm for which materials based on average sanity costs per drop. In a lot of cases, it's more efficient to farm a "lower" tier material and convert it up to its higher level version in the base - this has the side benefit of giving you potential "bonus material" mats during conversions.

Also, great job ignoring all that for now and just going hardcore on the event. It may seem boring or a sense of "what will I possibly do with all this loxic kohl!?", but you'll be so fucking glad you did it once you start getting into E2s, skills 7+, etc.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The google doc I linked covers material farming efficiencies. It tells you which stages are best to farm for which materials based on average sanity costs per drop. In a lot of cases, it's more efficient to farm a "lower" tier material and convert it up to its higher level version in the base - this has the side benefit of giving you potential "bonus material" mats during conversions.

Also, great job ignoring all that for now and just going hardcore on the event. It may seem boring or a sense of "what will I possibly do with all this loxic kohl!?", but you'll be so fucking glad you did it once you start getting into E2s, skills 7+, etc.

Oh yeah, if I wasn’t already VERY familiar with the Gacha concept and gameplay loop of these the idea of just Auto Deploying the event for a couple of weeks would be a big turn off. But I’m used to it. I’ve sat there and farmed Dragon 20 in Raid for like 6 hours at work for a random piece of loot with the right random stats that rolled the right random bonuses.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Maybe it's obvious and I just over looked it, but don't forget about your practices. You get 30 each day. I like the gameplay so I've been doing each mission as practice until I can get it 3 star first try with no support.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Maybe it's obvious and I just over looked it, but don't forget about your practices. You get 30 each day. I like the gameplay so I've been doing each mission as practice until I can get it 3 star first try with no support.

Yeah, that can really save you with your stamina costs, especially if you're trying to 3-star an area for the Originite Prime.

sukik

Got gt-6 on farm using my new firewatch, cuora and some last second redeploys to finish off the boss. Will they add more stuff to the store when they add the new event stages or is what we have now everything?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Got gt-6 on farm using my new firewatch, cuora and some last second redeploys to finish off the boss. Will they add more stuff to the store when they add the new event stages or is what we have now everything?

I thought I saw on some video that the only new stuff were the 6 stages with a challenge mode and those were only to fill out the side quests. Don’t remember what the bounty rewards were for each.

Speaking of your Cuora, how long did it take you to get the currency to pick her up? I’ve skipped the campaign and only tried to do dailies as I can while farming event and only have 20 purchase certificates.

sukik

I thought I saw on some video that the only new stuff were the 6 stages with a challenge mode and those were only to fill out the side quests. Don’t remember what the bounty rewards were for each.

Speaking of your Cuora, how long did it take you to get the currency to pick her up? I’ve skipped the campaign and only tried to do dailies as I can while farming event and only have 20 purchase certificates.
I don't remember it taking long because I got her pretty early on. I must have gotten the certs from pinboard missions or something because I don't think I did any farming to get them.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
The Exclusive Headhunter service (Green Banner), should I buy all 20 rolls or only do the first 10 to get the 5&6 star characters?

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
are you re-rolling until you get something good with the initial pulls? If so I just followed this youtube video, takes like 5 minutes per re-roll

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Maybe if I had found that video tutorial but I just ran with what came out at the start since a lot of the 3*s are viable. At that point it probably would have been used purely for the SilverAsh banner.